Disney's Christmas Day Parade 2014 Name Change | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Christmas Day Parade 2014 Name Change

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 22, 2009
Leesberg, FL
Apparently Disney has made the decision to change the name of their Christmas Day Parade to The Frozen Christmas Celebration. Not sure how much about the parade will change (Does this mean Anna and Elsa will have a larger and more prominent role this year.....I'm guessing probably). It's clearly just an attempt to garner more ratings, and seeing how incredibly popular Frozen is, I'm assuming it will work. I know I most likely won't be watching the parade this year after this news. What do you guys think? Is this a cute way to tie Frozen in with the holidays, or is this too much (especially with Frozen-THE RIDE on it's way)?

Here's a short article on the name switch: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disney-parks-frozen-christmas-celebration-73260/

I assume they'll use it as a platform to honk the Frozen horn for Epcot and the stuff DL will be doing, possibly mention Tokyo at best (can't imagine they'd want to show any art of how shafted the US Parks are getting compared to tokyo with Frozen areas). I think it's going just a little far putting their name in the title. They've gone way overboard with Frozen crap.

They still haven't announced the hosts for this year either, so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being Idina Menzel and Josh Gad or something like that. I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

To be fair, they didn't get to capitalize on it much last year since it was all mostly filmed before the film became a huge hit.

I feel the same way but the girls love it. I work at a grocery store the frozen themed bags still fly off the shelves. Today acually, I was speaking to a customer and she was like, my daughter and I really love frozen, it's a cute and beautiful movie.

Kinda like the same way universal milking the minions.

just rename Walt Disney World as Frozen World, make all the rides/M&Gs/parades Frozen-related and be done with it. :saw:

The real question is, does anyone really care that they've ruined the sanctity of the Christmas Parade? :lol:

It by far makes the most sense out of most of the synergy that they've done. I think it kinda gets a pass on overload since, like it's been said, they missed it last year and it actually makes sense.

Too much Frozen? Yes. Is this really a bad idea? Not really.

The real question is, does anyone really care that they've ruined the sanctity of the Christmas Parade? :lol:

It by far makes the most sense out of most of the synergy that they've done. I think it kinda gets a pass on overload since, like it's been said, they missed it last year and it actually makes sense.

Too much Frozen? Yes. Is this really a bad idea? Not really.

MY LIL' GIRL LOVES FROZAN

BlackFriday00010.png

Plus, they need Olaf to fill some dead air like when they cover what's new across the parks and resorts.

the frozen hype is ALIVE and well...if I had a nickel for every Elsa dress I saw this year on Haloween. In my daughters class ALL of the girls in the class dressed as Elsa..yes including my daughter. This "fad" isn't dying anytime soon...

the frozen hype is ALIVE and well...if I had a nickel for every Elsa dress I saw this year on Haloween. In my daughters class ALL of the girls in the class dressed as Elsa..yes including my daughter. This "fad" isn't dying anytime soon...

It'll die down once the next Princess movie hits (Moana is the next), but yeah until then they'll ride that wave. I just wish they were a bit creative with the inclusion of the property instead of just slapping it's name everywhere.

I would say it would die down starting next year, but then I remembered they announced that new Frozen short in front of Cinderella. Should be enough to tide people over for awhile.

I honestly don't think any other princess movie will be able to dethrone Frozen for a while...especially if they will be releasing sequels and shorts. Frozen will be in the overall conversation and marketing materials for years to come. I am really surprised that the Incredibles are still being used as their vacation planning marketing (I just got my packet in the mail this week). I have a feeling we will see MORE, before we see less.