Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
He said as of right now it is the entire land, but of course, subject to change. And he hinted he may be working on this project along with another Disney project, which I cannot seem to find that thread to find out the project he meant.

Spirit mentioned TDO was really only interested in the centerpiece (RSR) and a shop, which wouldn't shock me at all, although it would be slightly disappointing if that's all that happens and nothing else Pixar related comes with it.

As far as LMA, its days are definitely numbered, and have been. It has been fairly obvious even if your connections aren't as deep as a certain Spirit or others. I'm honestly surprised they bothered going to two shows for this summer given its...ummm...limited remaining shelf life.

If they are picking and choosing elements of Cars Land, wouldn't either Flo's or Cozy Cone be up for consideration since an eatery would also make them big bucks?

Also, RSR really is the only Cars Land attraction that merits cloning. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is a joke and Flying Tires was a complete waste of Disney's money.

Last edited:
As far as LMA, its days are definitely numbered, and have been. It has been fairly obvious even if your connections aren't as deep as a certain Spirit or others. I'm honestly surprised they bothered going to two shows for this summer given its...ummm...limited remaining shelf life.

Very interested to hear this. LMA has always been the bane of my existence. I have to wonder what the trouble is.

If they are picking and choosing elements of Cars Land, wouldn't either Flo's or Cozy Cone be up for consideration since an eatery would also make them big bucks?

Personally, I don't buy the whole land is coming. I'm thinking it'll be RSR, Flo's, a gift shop, and Mater's. And I think we'll see more than just this for DHS.

It would make the most sense to just expand Pixar place and have an Incredibles or Mosters Inc. ride to bridge the gap between TSMM and whatever RSR experience we get. But that is a lot more money than just cloning Carsland.

Very interested to hear this. LMA has always been the bane of my existence. I have to wonder what the trouble is.

Personally, I don't buy the whole land is coming. I'm thinking it'll be RSR, Flo's, a gift shop, and Mater's. And I think we'll see more than just this for DHS.

Well, the most oft-cited reason thrown around is the high operational cost with the stunt actors, effects, and attractions staff to cover the massive stadium and entry/exit path. It is a much more involved show than Indy in terms of staffing as well as the expensive effects. It is also a more dangerous show than Indy, with more potential for (serious) injury.

However, they've been consistently struggling to fill the early show when they have two (or even three) shows a day, from what I've seen and heard. They were resorting to giving away FastPasses to the first show in the front half of the park to try and encourage guests to go to it, but it wasn't very successful from everything I've heard about that. I don't believe that strategy lasted long.

I personally enjoy the show (after seeing them do the complete show in a not so light rain and only sliding into the soft crash barriers once or twice on their more powerful slides, its hard to not be impressed and walk away with a big appreciation for the show and stunts), but won't be too disappointed to see it leave as long as the replacement is substantial and not subject to the typically massive budget cuts.

I can't put my finger on why, but for whatever reason the notion of RSR at DHS is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Not that I wouldn't welcome the expansion.

Theme parks are sure trying their hardest not to get me to fly out to California. First TF and now possibly Carsland. What is so bad about SoCal that they would constantly build replica attractions closer to me? :lol: In all seriousness, I think I am okay with Disney building Carsland in Orlando...I think. If it is part of some larger Pixar Place expansion and not just "Carsland Lite", but I may be hoping for too much with that. Though I would be surprised if Burbank/Lasseter would okay this if designs and budgets were not up to DCA remake levels. Lot's to digest.

I can't put my finger on why, but for whatever reason the notion of RSR at DHS is leaving a bad taste in my mouth. Not that I wouldn't welcome the expansion.

Just Carsland would leave a bad taste in my mouth. But packaged together with some other Pixar Place expansion, I think it would do wonders for that section of the park. And I really hope they don't castrate the Backlot tour again, and still try to pass it off as an attraction. Just let it die.

I don't know about fire, but it should have been brought out to pasture a while ago.

I see what you're saying. Sort of like when my mother told me my dog was going to go live on a farm to get some "fresh air", Disney should tell us something similar. It would fit their modus operandi. Hmmmmm, I still prefer fire. We can at least be sure it's dead.

Also, RSR really is the only Cars Land attraction that merits cloning. Mater's Junkyard Jamboree is a joke and Flying Tires was a complete waste of Disney's money.

This is completely true. I'd rather them save the millions it'd take to put in another Luigi's and build some other rides.

This is completely true. I'd rather them save the millions it'd take to put in another Luigi's and build some other rides.

I've read elsewhere that a better idea for a Luigi tire attraction would have been to use the trackless ride system. More reliable, more controllable, easier for ride ops.

I've read elsewhere that a better idea for a Luigi tire attraction would have been to use the trackless ride system. More reliable, more controllable, easier for ride ops.

If they were to build another Luigi's, I think they would take that route. I honestly think the nostalgia of Disneyland locals had a lot to do with the decision on that ride system.

Carsland not coming, guys. Not like in Anaheim. LMA is definitely leaving and MAJOR work will be done, this will be a DCA-like Extreme Makeover only not nearly as extreme or as pricey.

RSRs may well come. I was told this week that it is more likely to be running at the Studios in place of the blue alien sex kittens at DAK.