Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wasn't this film rumored to go for the R-rating and make this more of a horror film? Watching the What If episodes with Dr Strange and the zombies definitely makes it feel like it could go in that direction.

But without getting into spoilers, I'm stupid hyped for this after NWH.

Wasn't this film rumored to go for the R-rating and make this more of a horror film? Watching the What If episodes with Dr Strange and the zombies definitely makes it feel like it could go in that direction.

But without getting into spoilers, I'm stupid hyped for this after NWH.
No way it gets an R.

If they can pull off Horror with no blood...more things you dont want to see happen to characters you care about then it will be perfect. But its its P13 jump scares then who cares.

If they can pull off Horror with no blood...more things you dont want to see happen to characters you care about then it will be perfect. But its its P13 jump scares then who cares.
That's all Spider-Man had was the jump scares, but the score reflected that and really put you in that moment of knowing something was wrong. It was very effective imo and I think it would work great in a MoM movie where anyone can show up and anything can happen.

I'm not sure what types of things you are referring too in your first sentence so I can't comment on how far I think they will go there, but I do think jumpscares is about what we should go in expecting, and if we get more horror, then great. Remember, Scott Derrickson left the project because Marvel wouldn't let him go as far as he wanted to with horror.

That's all Spider-Man had was the jump scares, but the score reflected that and really put you in that moment of knowing something was wrong. It was very effective imo and I think it would work great in a MoM movie where anyone can show up and anything can happen.

I'm not sure what types of things you are referring too in your first sentence so I can't comment on how far I think they will go there, but I do think jumpscares is about what we should go in expecting, and if we get more horror, then great. Remember, Scott Derrickson left the project because Marvel wouldn't let him go as far as he wanted to with horror.
I'm talking more psychological horror.

To me blood stuff can be scary but the real scary things are when bad things happen to characters you care about over big monster chases you and cuts someone in half

Reactions: sonoma15
I think there's definitely a reality where this movie is a mess and tries to cram in way too much stuff.

Hopefully we're in the reality where Sam Raimi holds it together.

Looks like a ton of fun so far, though.

If what you mean is Superior Iron Man (hopefully portrayed by Tom Cruise) and The Illuminati, then I think the answer is very likely yes.

See, I'm not of the believe that what we see here, is of Superior Iron Man. With other shots, it's making me think much more of Maria Rambeau as Captain Marvel, especially with how the blue is lit with the golden hue.

If what you mean is Superior Iron Man (hopefully portrayed by Tom Cruise) and The Illuminati, then I think the answer is very likely yes.

I don't think that's who Legacy was referring to. *Points to what TheGentTrent just posted.*

I think what @Legacy was referring to is
the voice that sounds a LOT like Patrick Stewart.

That voice is unmistakable, there was clearly a reason they only showed them from the back.

Reactions: Legacy and Nick
And oh yeah no, Gent and Tobias has the right of it. The importance of teasing who it is, especially given the subject of this film, is a massive thing that's going to catch audiences attention.

Patrick Stewart's Return, combined with Captain Carter's shield from the poster is massive. Giving two major connections to two very different universes is going to make things very interesting to how the Illuminati is formed at, who's involved (especially if Ioan or Tom are in), and who else we may see. In the TV spot, you can see as Strange is in the universe with the dinosaurs, him jumping immediately then after towards something similar to Earth-67 for Marvel; that being Spider-Man 67.

Depending on Raimi's handling, this could make a massive splash to cross-collaborative efforts. Even more than Into The Spider-Verse and No Way Home.

Reactions: Tobias
I watched it at a Super Bowl party, so, I didn't hear much of the audio when I watched it. Guess I need to check it out again.

I'll say if Chris Evans isn't in this as Johnny Storm (even for a quick second) then that's a huge missed opportunity, especially given the willingness he's shown for doing cameos lately.

I watched it at a Super Bowl party, so, I didn't hear much of the audio when I watched it. Guess I need to check it out again.

I'll say if Chris Evans isn't in this as Johnny Storm (even for a quick second) then that's a huge missed opportunity, especially given the willingness he's shown for doing cameos lately.

If they are going to to that, he HAS to meet himself as Captain America.

I enjoyed this movie, although I have to say not as much as I was hoping to. It certainly had it's very enjoyable moments and did some things that tbh shocked me, but it did leave me wanting, unlike No Way Home. I'll also mention that against what Feige said about not *needing* to watch the MCU Shows on Disney+ to understand some of the movies I think was thrown completely out the window in this movie and my friends both agreed on that point. I will say as far as cameos go, I thought they hit just the right balance or else it probably would've taken away from the focus of the movie.

As for the horror stuff, there is some good horror moments and jump scares in this movie, however if you are going in expecting a horror movie rather than a superhero horror/thriller with a lot of weird superhero crap going on, I can see why people might be disappointed and why the RT score is on the lower end for MCU movies.

I have two theater thoughts. First, if you can, i'd recommend seeing this movie in 3D as parts of it were trippy as hell and the movie really feels like it was made with the 3D medium in mind. Secondly, my theater didn't show the Avatar 2 trailer and somehow I feel extremely cheated :lol:

Now for spoilers:
Earth 838 and the Illuminati was freakin' awesome (yet also kinda pointless? the movie would've been just fine without them in it, unlike NWH where the Spider-men have large roles in the film), but wow do I have questions. I mean we knew about Professor X, but freaking BLACK BOLT from the ill-fated Inhumans show?!? I actually think this is the first time someone from an ABC show actually crossed over into an MCU movie. Captain Carter was cool and of course John Krasinski as Reed Richards was VERY fan service-y.

So Mordo, Maria, Peggy, all look like that in 616. Peggy may not be Captain Carter and Maria may not be Captain Marvel, but they physically look like that. So that leads me to the question of Is John Krasinski Reed Richards in 616 (and will he direct the F4 film)? What about Anson Mount as Black Bolt or Patrick Stewart as Professor X?

As I was saying in the non-spoiler part of my review, there's a lot of references in this movie and I thought maybe they would at least show a quick flashback to the end of WandaVision to catch the audience that hasn't seen it up to speed, but this movie progressed as if you were already supposed to know why she was so obsessed about getting her non-existent kids back. I feel like if you didn't watch WandaVision, you very well may have been lost. I liked the stuff from What if as you didn't need to see that show to appreciate it, it was more just a part of the movie between Captain Carter, Sinister Strange, and Marvel Zombies.

I do feel like as a movie that is supposed to be a direct follow up to No Way Home, it feels like the movie barely acknowledges the events of that film, which is weird. Now that's probably because Strange was originally scheduled to come out before No Way Home, so this wasn't the intended release order. I also wasn't a big fan of how it ended tbh. I mean, I guess it set up the future in some ways, but it made it seem like there wasn't proper closure to the movie, even after that beautiful scene where Scarlett Witch finally came to grips with reality and realized she couldn't have kids in her universe, but at least there's a universe where Billy and Tommy love Wanda.

I am left disappointed in how they basically just used America Chavez as a McGuffin and not much more, despite the main the entire movie centering around her. Hopefully she gets a Disney+ show or something so that her character can be fleshed out because she was actually very similarly used and abused like Wanda in Age of Ultron where a lot of the plot surrounds her, but there's not much that she actually got to do herself.

Last edited: