DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024) | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land coming to USF (2024)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The argument that universal couldn’t care less about their own IP’s doesn’t hold much weight when you look at velocicoaster next-door. I feel like some of these negative comments are stemming from a place of being negative for negativity sake.

And not to mention the classic universal monsters land currently being built at a brand new theme park themed to the nines. I don’t know much, but I do know this was never meant to be compared to that. I’m shocked they even gone to the extent that they have gone to. This will be a fine addition to fill a gap and eat up some time while epic takes its roots.
I agree, I haven't seen where they don't care and some of these additions really are nice.

It’s pretty obvious this was meant to be a simple re-skin. Nothing more, nothing less.

The only addition I see is Shreks house.
I don't know how you can say that. There are several new interactive areas that were just never there before. The frogs, cats, and Po will all be interactive vs what was there before. I think most people never went back there to even know what is being replaced, but this for sure will be a major plus for kids.

I think most people never went back there to even know what is being replaced
And then there's those of us old enough to know what Curious George replaced (Psycho house) & what was beyond the right side tree line (Guitar-shaped Hard Rock Cafe) which "could" become expansion space in the future.

I'm curious to see Shrek's menu of noms. (I woke up hungry)

Reactions: Ahmanet
The argument that universal couldn’t care less about their own IP’s doesn’t hold much weight when you look at velocicoaster next-door. I feel like some of these negative comments are stemming from a place of being negative for negativity sake.

And not to mention the classic universal monsters land currently being built at a brand new theme park themed to the nines. I don’t know much, but I do know this was never meant to be compared to that. I’m shocked they even gone to the extent that they have gone to. This will be a fine addition to fill a gap and eat up some time while epic takes its roots.
Unfortunately you fail to read I liked the update but in details it fails and I point out that happens often to Univeersals own IP than third party ip. Is it so terrible to be critial to a company you like (retorical question).

Is it so terrible to be critical to a company you like (retorical question).
Not at all because we as fans of the park(s) tend to have higher expectations (sometimes unreasonable or unrealistic depending), but to a certain degree care more about the quality than the higher-ups.

Then we activate "greed mode" & want more lol

Not at all because we as fans of the park(s) tend to have higher expectations (sometimes unreasonable or unrealistic depending), but to a certain degree care more about the quality than the higher-ups.

Then we activate "greed mode" & want more lol
I'm very realistic. I didn't want a hyper coaster instead of the reskin of the current coaster. I didn't need a Shrek darkride and I think the cat place with the screens is very smart and kids will love it. I don't know what Panda is going to be so I refrain any remarks from that except that the concept art looks great.

Unfortunately you fail to read I liked the update but in details it fails and I point out that happens often to Univeersals own IP than third party ip. Is it so terrible to be critial to a company you like (retorical question).
No, it is not so terrible. However, I feel like some of these arguments, not just yours, are not evaluating the full picture in a reasonable manner. Yes, I must have missed that part and I do apologize. My comments were not solely directed towards you but the general, and often parroted, arguments I have seen in my 12 years here.

Otherworldly expectations are often the death of some of our, mine included, abilities to see a situation for what it is. Cut-outs are not a bad thing, nor are they a great thing. They’re also not the “end of the world” as I’ve gotten the feeling from some on here. All in all - this was a move to help bring a dated area up to current cultural snuff enough to provide something before and post epic. They’re not going to build a fantasy springs type world here because that’s what they’re doing at epic. My point: it’s not bad to be critical but it’s not always good either. They’re not building this for “us”.

I don't know what Panda is going to be so I refrain any remarks from that except that the concept art looks great.
Oh the outside, it'll be a "wet zone" on the right side of Po's Temple of Awesomeness.

On the left side... @Alicia alluded to a spinning(?) noodle bowl or something.

As for the main "attraction", it'll be similar to EPCOT's "Turtle Talk with Crush", but with Po. It's also possible he'll "train guests" in a few Kung-fu techniques. Most likely the same Universal Beijing attraction "Po Live".

No, it is not so terrible. However, I feel like some of these arguments, not just yours, are not evaluating the full picture in a reasonable manner. Yes, I must have missed that part and I do apologize. My comments were not solely directed towards you but the general, and often parroted, arguments I have seen in my 12 years here.

Otherworldly expectations are often the death of some of our, mine included, abilities to see a situation for what it is. Cut-outs are not a bad thing, nor are they a great thing. They’re also not the “end of the world” as I’ve gotten the feeling from some on here. All in all - this was a move to help bring a dated area up to current cultural snuff enough to provide something before and post epic. They’re not going to build a fantasy springs type world here because that’s what they’re doing at epic. My point: it’s not bad to be critical but it’s not always good either. They’re not building this for “us”.
I don't agree with the "They're not building this for "us"".
To be clear I understand what you mean but I don't agree with that quote as I think this area is made for families with small children. That target audience is also the main target for Universal Kids Resort.

On the bottom of the announcement for DreamWorks Land (see above) it states:
Last year, Universal Destinations & Experiences officially introduced Universal Kids Resort – the company’s first-ever theme park designed specifically for families with young children in Frisco, Texas. Both DreamWorks Land and Universal Kids Resort will provide immersive and authentic experiences that give families another reason to make Universal their next vacation destination.

So I see this as a pre curser for the new park. In the Kids Resort (very smart concept) announcement is stated: "We’re designing the resort so kids and families can feel the thrill of being physically immersed in their most beloved stories and characters.” and "... the park will deliver the quality the Universal brand is known for worldwide."
In that two statements I am hoping that although it's going to be cheap compared to the main parks it will have a high standard and a cut out character isn't that (I refer to the trolls gate). I can see junior wants a photo next to the troll and it's a cut out. That is just not a good showing imho. Yes it's a tiny thing but that doesn't mean it's insignificant as it could for a bit extra money be levated beyond Pepa Pig Land.

I was looking at a video for the Kung-fu Panda area at Universal Beijing.. I had already forgotten they had a nice themed carousel, but also a fun lantern-themed flat ride that lights up!

It'd be great if in the future, they could port over a clone of that flat ride. It'd really bring more life to the area at night!

I expect this new land to get decorated for the 2024 holiday season!! (Yep, I skipped ahead) I already imagined the tree stump decorated with lights & a star :lol:

Shrek The Halls! Donkey's Christmas Shrektacular! (featuring Trolls & Po!)

Seriously though, I hope they add some holiday decor, even if just minimally.

Are the Beijing flats made of material that can be outside? it’s so pretty i don’t know
All flat rides are made of heavy duty steel & other materials. They kinda have to be for safety reasons. So yes, both their Carousel & Lantern flat ride can be outside.

They went for the indoor (outdoor) concept similar to Epic Universe's "Blue Dragon" restaurant to keep the same atmosphere vibe at all times.

All flat rides are made of heavy duty steel & other materials. They kinda have to be for safety reasons. So yes, both their Carousel & Lantern flat ride can be outside.

They went for the indoor (outdoor) concept similar to Epic Universe's "Blue Dragon" restaurant to keep the same atmosphere vibe at all times.
All the same, I would prefer a covered ride because there's not enough things to do when it rains at Universal.

Reactions: Wesker69
This is something I haven't seen mentioned, but - is it safe to assume we'll no longer see the pop up meet and greets for Dreamworks characters over in IOA?

Po in Port of Entry, King Julius in Lost Continent, etc.

Oh the outside, it'll be a "wet zone" on the right side of Po's Temple of Awesomeness.

On the left side... @Alicia alluded to a spinning(?) noodle bowl or something.

As for the main "attraction", it'll be similar to EPCOT's "Turtle Talk with Crush", but with Po. It's also possible he'll "train guests" in a few Kung-fu techniques. Most likely the same Universal Beijing attraction "Po Live".
If you have kids you know what those darn spinner things are they have on the left side. It is parents you better have kept your arm strength up or you are in for a world of pain spinner :lmao:

Many modern playgrounds have them. Kids absolutely LOVE them.

If you have kids you know what those darn spinner things are they have on the left side. It is parents you better have kept your arm strength up or you are in for a world of pain spinner :lmao:

Many modern playgrounds have them. Kids absolutely LOVE them.
Yea, people hear merry-go-round and think carousel, but these are just playground equipment. But they are extremely well themed if they’re noodle bowls, and something unique to an Orlando theme park which has been mostly just climbing nets and splash pads for 30 years.

Yea, people hear merry-go-round and think carousel, but these are just playground equipment. But they are extremely well themed if they’re noodle bowls, and something unique to an Orlando theme park which has been mostly just climbing nets and splash pads for 30 years.
Agreed. It is a good addition, super popular and I have seen many themed variations of these spinners. Just as a parent I saw that concept art and went, ugh :lol: