DreamWorks Land (General Discussion) | Page 63 | Inside Universal Forums

DreamWorks Land (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May have missed this since I added it after... "Should also add this was very much a "technical rehearsal" as not all effects were on or working yet."

Questions for you about the show- does it have a preshow in that outdoor covered area? Also, anything in the old Barney post show space?

Questions for you about the show- does it have a preshow in that outdoor covered area? Also, anything in the old Barney post show space?

So we just went right in - but they did briefly mention a pre-show sets up the gist of it.

And you know - I didn't really pay attention to the post-show as we exited, but off the top of my head... it doesn't seem so (But I could be wrong)

Part of me wishes the whole land was themed around Shrek, or at least have that same level in the other 2 mini-lands.
Shrek looks great, Panda looks great, and then Trolls is just kinda there. It's mostly just an entrance to the show and coaster and a really cool looking food stand. I imagine that whenever Universal is ready to expand the area Trolls gets shrunken or axed altogether.

Reactions: Suchomimus
Nuthouse Coaster to Trollercoaster looks to be a downgrade. Just comparing the main attraction signs, Woody’s was three-dimensional and kinetic and Trolls looks super flat.

Shrek area looks to be the highlight by far, I actually wish they just went all in on it for the whole land.

While I think the whole land looks cute and (for the most part) a good improvement over Kid Zone, I'd be lying if I didn't say that it seems clear to me at least that Shrek got the most love here.

Heck, from what I've seen (spoilers for the show) the show seems to be mostly revolved around Shrek, even having a rather impressive dragon puppet, and I'm honestly surprised they didn't just go all in on having the land be Shrek's Swamp/Far Far Away.

Heck, from what I've seen (spoilers for the show) the show seems to be mostly revolved around Shrek, even having a rather impressive dragon puppet,

I don't know how you came to that conclusion? My guess is because we weren't allowed to film everything, it made it look like that?

The show is divided into 5 parts pretty evenly. (Intro, Shrek, Panda, Doubting Imagination/Trolls, Julien Cameo/Finale)

My only issue

Is the Trolls coaster having zero music...this to me is when projects feel like...slapped together. Trolls is all about music and think it would add to the little ride

the rest of the land seems charming, if kids like it and people seem to be taking photos there with characters and props it seems like an overall win

My only issue

Is the Trolls coaster having zero music...this to me is when projects feel like...slapped together. Trolls is all about music and think it would add to the little ride

May have missed this since I added it after... "Should also add this was very much a "technical rehearsal" as not all effects were on or working yet."