Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Dry 'n Tame Hotel Speculation (Project 566)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you're missing the point :cool:

You stated your case, and I then provided a counter case.
I am pretty sure it is wishful thinking on your part that Universal has not done their homework and determined what would be approved. This is far enough along that plans are made and they know as I do the number of jobs created, tax dollars generated and general improvements to the IDrive/Universal blvd look that there is no chance that it will not be approved as presented.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure it is wishful thinking on your part that Universal has not done their homework and determined what would be approved. This is far enough along that plans are made and they know as I do the number of jobs, tax dollars and general improvements to the IDrive/Universal blvd look that there is no chance that it will not be approved as presented.
I'd agree to be honest. What I want to occur and what will occur are two different scenarios. I wasn't being completely serious in going to a Council meeting. Those guys are always going to side with one of the biggest employers in the area.

Maybe it's just the picture, but that seems like a small pool for 4k rooms. The All Star hotels have several large pools to handle their rooms.

Maybe it's just the picture, but that seems like a small pool for 4k rooms. The All Star hotels have several large pools to handle their rooms.
Looks like two medium size pools on the former parking lot area hotels and the one gigantic pool on hotel on the Wet & Wild site.

I don't think these are exact schematics or renderings of actual plans. I think these are concepts to get pre-approval.

This is the real question here.

Would 2019 be too ambitious?

I can see this hotel being opened in two phases.

I could actually see that for the Spider Hotel, and the Surf Board Pool Hotel for 2020.

In a way, the hotel timeline is this if that's what happens;

2016: Sapphire
2017: Cabana Bay Towers
2018: Adventura
2019: Spider
2020: Surf-Board Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.