Dune: Part Two | Inside Universal Forums

Dune: Part Two

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This and Wish are really my biggest movies of the rest of the year....and now I hope Hunger Games doesnt move

It's not losing one that sucks, but when all the film you are excited for movie is my worry....I have AMC A list and feels like I'm getting pretty screwed this end of year because studios are going to have almost nothing coming out. (also Writers/actors are having worst then me, but still pointing out it sucks to have a movie pass supporting movies and then all the studios just push things back)

This and Wish are really my biggest movies of the rest of the year....and now I hope Hunger Games doesnt move

It's not losing one that sucks, but when all the film you are excited for movie is my worry....I have AMC A list and feels like I'm getting pretty screwed this end of year because studios are going to have almost nothing coming out. (also Writers/actors are having worst then me, but still pointing out it sucks to have a movie pass supporting movies and then all the studios just push things back)
They're buckling up for a ride of a delay they're causing. With AMC's cash burn, I'm concerned how long it'll last if this strike lasts and they get A-List subscribers to cancel plus slow movie months. I wouldn't be surprised if movies start becoming more "leggy" as there's less things to push them out Q3-Q4 this year if this continues.

On the other hand, studios can do a ton of special presentations of catalogue movies, give generous split to the theaters so they can survive, and get some cash flow despite refusing to make progress with their talent.

Reactions: Jerroddragon

The Hunger Games prequel, given it is a prequel and has an entirely new cast pretty pretty much, I think that movie really really needs the cast to help promote the film. I’d be surprised if it doesn’t move if there’s no deal.

I am certainly not advocating for WB to push DUNE PART TWO even further into 2024 (as I'm extremely irritated they moved it out of 2023 in the first place), but March is a bad month for it if they're hoping for awards consideration. The awards season has a serious bias towards movies that come out in the second half of the year vs. the first half. Not 100% the case, but usually.

They may not want the friendly fire Oscar competition with BARBIE this year, but they're going to be lucky to get any significant Oscar recognition for DUNE, even if the movie is exceptional (which I expect it will be). Plus there will also be FURIOSA, the follow-up to awards darling MAD MAX: FURY ROAD, providing its own WB friendly fire in the first half of next year.

On the other hand, studios can do a ton of special presentations of catalogue movies, give generous split to the theaters so they can survive, and get some cash flow despite refusing to make progress with their talent.
Even very successful re-releases are not substitutes for new films opening wide.

The studios better think very carefully before they inadvertently torpedo a theatrical exhibition industry that is still in recovery (which has been my biggest concern since the strike began).

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I always find it weird that runtimes for movies now get treated like it’s a big news story (and to be clear to the above poster, this is not directed at you). As if longer movies is supposed to come as some sort of shock to people.

I mean, has anyone ever complained about the length of The Godfather or The Ten Commandments?

I really enjoyed it

Start a little slow but once it gets going it never stops

Loved the new Villain character they did a really great job with him.

Excited to see the third film whenever that is

This hurts

Strange we can't get a directors cut...or extended edition

My AMC theater was packed like packed with people because of Dune and this was at 3 PM.....not even peak movie going time

Dune seems to be a series with followers now...I'd cash in now and both films to have longer editions and film the third one with scenes you know will be cut but just release it later on blueray or exclusively on HBO.

Reactions: SeventyOne
This hurts

While I don't like it, I get the sense Villeneuve thought the mentats were even more exposition in a series where the first movie is 80% exposition. Thufir barely in the first and [more a book spoiler]:
the gladiator scenes give us a "backstage" look at the Harkonnens that, IIRC, was kind of the point of his storyline. Still would have been cool to see tho, big emotional moment at the end v. "I guess he died in the Battle of Arakeen.."

But pretty much my only disappointment with the film, which remains a masterpiece.

It's been years since I read the book or saw the first two attempts, but racking my brain, can't think of a missing major character Nelson could've played.

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING