E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I rode ET today and I have to say that this attraction was in the best shape I have seen it in years.

First off the fog effect worked in the very beginning so as you are biking through the forest you could not see more than 3 feet infront of you. First time in almost a decade I felt "thrilled" on ET

Then on the Green Planet the steam was full and bellowing. All the AAs were working But snapped a few pics to show how much fog there was.

DSC00351.jpg

DSC00358.jpg

DSC00360.jpg

Magdoll steals your soul lol

Whoever has been put in charge of this attraction is definitely earning their pay check.

--- Update ---

DSC00369.jpg

DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

ok 1. the photos are freaky as hell
2. i love this ride but if you dont think it needs some major refurbishment personally i think you're kidding yourself, i dont want the ride to change but a hell of a lot of the sets and animatronics particularity the humans have become so dated and just look old there is no other way really to describe it. i mean the last time i was there with some first time riders they seemed to sum it up well. " that was dank and depressing". to me it just really needs some major tlc

also if i may self promote it may have been 2 years ago from i was last on it but by god i was happy with this shot

phone_home_by_the_ultimate_evil-d31m33f.jpg

I was at ET over the weekend as well. The longest wait I've ever had at the ET attraction (probably a good 20 minutes in the forest queue). I agree with Kingeric, the Fog was pretty impressive, I remember seeing the whole area blanketed in thick fog while I was waiting for my bike to begin its journey, really neat to ride into it. While I wouldn't go so far as to say I couldnt see in front of me, I will say that the fog definitely was pretty thick and (once again) super impressive. If only it were like this every time I rode it. I also recognized a former Jaws Skipper working the Passport booth (the place where you give your name to an attendant), I had a quick talk to him about Jaws and he seemed pleased and surprised that I had recognized him. Cool times.

I still get on it because I like the IDEA of riding a bike in the air. You cant beat that. The same reason I enjoyed Kongfrontation. You were on a tram in the air. There wasn't the so common dark ride simulator system which made this and Kongrontation great rides. I'd really be disappointed. I'd certainly refuse another simulation.

The thing i like about this ride and MIB is how they both still use Animatronics. While they may be somewhat outdated, i appreciate them.

It would be great if Univeral re-hired/contracted Sally Dark rides to do some new figures for the human rolls and tweak and reanimate/reskin the Alien characters in the attraction. It would be nice since Sally did it originally and they have some surprisingly detailed human characters with some nice fluid movements. Working offsite with those creations and closing the attraction for a month or two could make it amazing.

I wish the would update the ride ,better animatronics,on ride audio(i have only heard ET say my name once),put some big flat screen TVs at the back of large sets to give glimpses of farther away.

Sesame Street Space Chase.. Suitable ET Replacement??

[video=youtube;qkCpxSO152E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkCpxSO152E[/video]

I think this looks cool & would be something I'd definetly ride. & as much as I love ET, if it were to be replaced by this, I'd be fine with that. I mean let's face it, at some time or another ETs replacement is inevetiable, & I think this would be a worthy successor.

Of course we all know that technically Busch has the rights to Sesame Street & alot of people say that because of that is why we wont get the Sesame Street Ride at Universal, but would that REALLY be a problem?? I mean, Universal is using Marvel even though Disney bough the rights & has even talked about how they want to incorporate Marvel into the Disney Parks, not to mention the Terminator property being at UO AND Six Flags, so it's not unusual for a property to be used in different parks that are not associated with each other. Or as co-writer of BTTF Bob Gale says in one of the commentarys talking about if Universal wanted to make a BTTF 4- "They have pretty good lawyers, they could do whatever they want."

But putting all that aside, hypathetically at least, how many here would welcome this ride to Universal?

Last edited:
I think something similar would be great for Universal Orlando. Sesame Street is a timeless and beloved property.

Of course we all know that technically Busch has the rights to Sesame Street & alot of people say that because of that is why we wont get the Sesame Street Ride at Universal, but would that REALLY be a problem?? I mean, Universal is using Marvel even though Disney bough the rights & has even talked about how they want to incorporate Marvel into the Disney Parks, not to mention the Terminator property being at UO AND Six Flags, so it's not unusual for a property to be used in different parks that are not associated with each other. Or as co-writer of BTTF Bob Gale says in one of the commentarys talking about if Universal wanted to make a BTTF 4- "They have pretty good lawyers, they could do whatever they want."

It all depends on the agreements. The reason Universal still has marvel is because of their existing agreement before Disney bought the company. Universal has exclusive rights east of the Mississippi in the United States.

If Busch/SeaWorld's agreement is only for their parks and not regional, then Universal could also get the rights. But I don't think they are, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

I think something similar would be great for Universal Orlando. Sesame Street is a timeless and beloved property.

It all depends on the agreements. The reason Universal still has marvel is because of their existing agreement before Disney bought the company. Universal has exclusive rights east of the Mississippi in the United States.

If Busch/SeaWorld's agreement is only for their parks and not regional, then Universal could also get the rights. But I don't think they are, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

Right right, but if it WERE to get greenlit for Universal, would it be somethig youd like having there & would you ride it?

Replacing ET??? Absolutely not! I think it would take a much stronger attraction to replace ET. I could see this replacing twister if it had to replace an existing attraction. I mean, the set of Sesame street looks like its in new york right?

Replacing ET??? Absolutely not! I think it would take a much stronger attraction to replace ET. I could see this replacing twister if it had to replace an existing attraction. I mean, the set of Sesame street looks like its in new york right?

That's because it is in New York :lol: