E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
With all these recent nice updates to ET, I'm guessing that all this love is a part of the Kidzone/Dreamworks redo budget, instead of just routine maintenance budget.
It's been happening for a couple years, since before they turned the scents back on. They just don't have the capacity for a long-term shutdown refurb like Mummy, so they've been upgrading effects/AAs/lighting/etc slowly without having to close the ride.

You know things are working well again around here, because even the little drummer E.T. is finally working again.

It's been happening for a couple years, since before they turned the scents back on. They just don't have the capacity for a long-term shutdown refurb like Mummy, so they've been upgrading effects/AAs/lighting/etc slowly without having to close the ride.

You know things are working well again around here, because even the little drummer E.T. is finally working again.
I suppose this is the case for River Adventure as well? At least for the Ultrasaur.

This genuinely makes me want to go to UOR even more next year if ET has essentially been full refurbed since my last visit.
It started around when they turned the scents back on a couple years ago, and has included new lighting packages, complete animatronic overhauls, keeping up with paint and maintenance, and now moving on to upgrading previously dead effects. The moving flashlights and dropping bushes have been upgraded, the astronauts and running ET red lights in the queue completely fixed. It just keeps getting better every time I visit!

It started around when they turned the scents back on a couple years ago, and has included new lighting packages, complete animatronic overhauls, keeping up with paint and maintenance, and now moving on to upgrading previously dead effects. The moving flashlights and dropping bushes have been upgraded, the astronauts and running ET red lights in the queue completely fixed. It just keeps getting better every time I visit!
This is genuinely outstanding to hear!!!

I imagine they want it looking the best when they open the new land. I love that this are doing this and can't wait to ride it. It will be the first ride for two of my kids!
They wanted to do a complete overhaul like Mummy, but cannot afford to lose the capacity at this time, so it's like a complete refurb in slow motion, happening overnight.

MiB has kind of been doing the same thing, even going so far as upgrading the ride system/RVs piece by piece nightly.

ET's ride vehicles still squeak on the track, but I imagine that'll be the last thing they work on, and may actually require the ride to close for at least a few days. Everything else they'll keep upgrading as they can.

They wanted to do a complete overhaul like Mummy, but cannot afford to lose the capacity at this time, so it's like a complete refurb in slow motion, happening overnight.

MiB has kind of been doing the same thing, even going so far as upgrading the ride system/RVs piece by piece nightly.

ET's ride vehicles still squeak on the track, but I imagine that'll be the last thing they work on, and may actually require the ride to close for at least a few days. Everything else they'll keep upgrading as they can.
Glad to hear about MIB, I love that ride. I know my kids will too.