E.T. Adventure General Discussion | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm hopeful the façade of ET will get some attention with the remodel of Kid Zone.

I think it's just going to be a lot more 'green' with them adding lots of shrubbery and I'm guessing almost like a path towards a reveal of the new area?

I think it's just going to be a lot more 'green' with them adding lots of shrubbery and I'm guessing almost like a path towards a reveal of the new area?
Hey, they're painting Transformers as a backdrop for Minions so they could do the same here.

I always thought they could use the Garden of Allah as the new entrance and make ET a part of Hollywood. Drop the "Ride the Movies" angle and bend it more towards a celebration of the film.

And I'll say it - drop the passports.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

I always thought they could use the Garden of Allah as the new entrance and make ET a part of Hollywood. Drop the "Ride the Movies" angle and bend it more towards a celebration of the film.

And I'll say it - drop the passports.

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office
I actually love this, minus the passports. While it’s more of a novelty I do feel that having us enter his planet always made the experience more immersive for me. I’d love them to swap locations though. This would basically add a dark ride to the front area of the park that isn’t a coaster.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
I've always thought it would be nice for them to shift the entrance for ET into Hollywood, but how would they do this? Could add a heck of a walk lol.

I've always thought it would be nice for them to shift the entrance for ET into Hollywood, but how would they do this? Could add a heck of a walk lol.

My Blue Sky Scenarios for this:
  • (Before they reopened Cafe La Bamba as a dining option) Turn Cafe La Bamba into an "Amblin Bungalow" with exhibits, similar to the Horror Makeup lobby featuring artifacts from various Amblin/Spielberg films. (You don't have to enter the queue to visit the museum). And then connect a giant walkway to the main queue/ride building. Assuming Kidzone Pizza gets removed, which they could as it's rarely used except for special events.
  • The option is to do something similar but with the NBC Media Center, which they seem hesitant on giving up.
I just hope they do something to give it a nicer facade to make it fit into the area versus having it shoved in that back corner.

My Blue Sky Scenarios for this:
  • (Before they reopened Cafe La Bamba as a dining option) Turn Cafe La Bamba into an "Amblin Bungalow" with exhibits, similar to the Horror Makeup lobby featuring artifacts from various Amblin/Spielberg films. (You don't have to enter the queue to visit the museum). And then connect a giant walkway to the main queue/ride building. Assuming Kidzone Pizza gets removed, which they could as it's rarely used except for special events.
  • The option is to do something similar but with the NBC Media Center, which they seem hesitant on giving up.
I just hope they do something to give it a nicer facade to make it fit into the area versus having it shoved in that back corner.
I have to imagine they could move the media center elsewhere, because it could really open things up back around ET if they were able to shift the entrance.

Of course, they'd also have to figure out the exit and gift shop too lol

I have to imagine they could move the media center elsewhere, because it could really open things up back around ET if they were able to shift the entrance.

Of course, they'd also have to figure out the exit and gift shop too lol

Yeah, the media center is easy to move to somewhere else. The building is big enough to hold a gift shop as well.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
It'd be possible to move ET's entrance, but you don't really gain much more space for KidZone's replacement by moving it to Hollywood. A lot of back of house things would have to move to accommodate it

The biggest deal was being in a Kid's area on a dead end, with that giant stage/planter in the way of ET's entrance, which wasn't very obvious.

It'd be possible to move ET's entrance, but you don't really gain much more space for KidZone's replacement by moving it to Hollywood. A lot of back of house things would have to move to accommodate it

The biggest deal was being in a Kid's area on a dead end, with that giant stage/planter in the way of ET's entrance, which wasn't very obvious.
It wouldn't create a ton of space, but if it were to move, it could work to make things a bit more cohesive back there. They could convert ET's Toy Closet to a Dreamworks related shop, and if Spongebob/KidZone Pizza are changed, you could really make that area into a pretty big entrance for the new KidZone.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
If you try to do a sing along with Steven in the ET pre-show like freaks do at the Haunted Mansion the cast members should be allowed to ban you from the park.
my favorite thing about visiting orlando is the dearth of guests reciting every line on every attraction at every theme park. I can actually hear the audio! amazing!

Didn't see Brian's post, but after hundreds of rides on ET, I've never heard him say my name... so I can care less if they remove passports lol.

Heck, let us keep Gringotts 3D and remove passports. That's your cost savings Universal!
He always sounds like he's throwing up when he says mine. It comes out as "wreeeeeeetch"