Early Morning Magic | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Early Morning Magic

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
As far as the night hours, if I could upgrade a multi-day ticket to get the night time hour at MK, I would jump on it myself. I don't mind spending extra for shorter lines.

still waiting for disney to just start a paid fast pass thing.Similar to universals one where if you do the free one you get 3 but if you pay you get unlimited.

still waiting for disney to just start a paid fast pass thing.Similar to universals one where if you do the free one you get 3 but if you pay you get unlimited.
Since the main idea behind fast pass is crowd control and getting people out of lines spending more money this isn't going to happen.

I think it'll be baked into hotel costs and be tiered with quantity. "Hey Polynesian Bungalo guest, here's your 10 FP+ 180 days in advance! Mr & Ms All Stars, book your 2 FP+ a week before."

I can see the higher tiered hotels getting a couple more, but I don't think they will go with less than 3 and 30 days in advance. Only because at some point you have the AP holders and non-onsite guests to look at. I could be wrong though. But I could see them doing 5 to higher end hotels if the occupancy to those are less. So I can see if they are trying to boast occupancy numbers in those hotels. But does anyone know what the occupancy on those are or if they have issues with it?

I think it'll be baked into hotel costs and be tiered with quantity. "Hey Polynesian Bungalo guest, here's your 10 FP+ 180 days in advance! Mr & Ms All Stars, book your 2 FP+ a week before."[/QUOTE.]

Not trying to go off track any further but I see this happening soon. Or the "Extra Magic Hours" come with either an upcharge or only for deluxes/moderates. However, I think that your statement about the higher dollar resorts receiving more fast passes and earlier windows to book is spot on. It only makes sense for Disney as it would be a way to fill the resorts top down. I paid for the Unlimited Express Pass with Park Hopper for UNI/IOA this week but it's because I only have one day and want to make the most out of it. At least the UNI Resort hotels offer the pass as a part of staying.

Disney is trying to find every way to nickel and dime the visitor. I probably wouldn't mind so much if the parks had more new rides than once every ten years. However, that is a topic for another thread.

Sorry. I screwed up the Quote feature on this reply. Only the first part (the coherent part) relates to TestTrack. The rest are my musings.

Reactions: Mad Dog
^^^ We will see. They are starting to piss off some core Disney fans with some up-charge stuff. They also have had some up-charge stuff fail like the after hours (which I think that was timing more than anything else). They are also losing attendance and hotel stays already. There is only so much the base Disney fans can take and if they start taking away too much stuff either people will stop coming or they will stop staying on site. Especially if they start to take stuff away from the value resorts. The only reason people stay at value resorts is because of the extras. If they take those away then people will start to stay off site. It wouldn't make sense for them to stay on site anymore.

Sure Disney can start doing a lot of this stuff, but I think it will only be more nails in their coffin at this point. Someone at that company has to be smart enough to realize this. Outside of DVC the only thing they have build lately is value resorts and it is for a reason. Value resorts bring in customers that typically stay off site. If they then want to shoot their own foot and drive those people away that they JUST got to finally stay on property, then they are dumb and deserve the consequences. Because unlike after hours program it won't be so easy to turn back those moderate/high end benefits.

Reactions: Jon84
Wasn't both these events a failure already and they stopped them? I know you can't find any information about the after hours one at night anymore.

Seemed like it was a test run to see what people would do and if there wasn't any interest. So, I am guessing that they are revising it or decided not to do it after all on a go-forward basis.

Wasn't both these events a failure already and they stopped them? I know you can't find any information about the after hours one at night anymore.
They schedule a set number of nights and simply haven't scheduled any more nights. This way they can say they technically haven't cancelled anything.

They schedule a set number of nights and simply haven't scheduled any more nights. This way they can say they technically haven't cancelled anything.

If that was the case it would come up on their website, like candlelight procession is listed, but just says no times. Last time I looked it wasn't listed where it should have been listed.

I think they scrapped this idea. If they were going to redo it I would think doing this during busy months when people might want to get away from the crowds would be the way to go.

If that was the case it would come up on their website, like candlelight procession is listed, but just says no times. Last time I looked it wasn't listed where it should have been listed.

I think they scrapped this idea. If they were going to redo it I would think doing this during busy months when people might want to get away from the crowds would be the way to go.
They did scrap this idea. What I just mentioned was how they handled it.