Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Effects of Coronavirus (COVID-19) On Entertainment & Tourism Industry

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How long would it realistically take to fix this? A week, 2 weeks max?

It will probably take longer to get the staff trained and other preparation for reopening.
Oh yeah, it wouldn't take all that long, probably a little over a week, maybe two considering we're talking about two parks (and VB, which I don't think will reopen right away) and CityWalk. I imagine some extensive cleaning/power washing has to be done as well. My point is that that's what the park looks like right now and as long as it continues to look like this (and staff aren't returning for re-training), we aren't near the point of a reopening.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
They wouldn't just open the parks tomorrow if the flowers looked good and staff was trained. They are going to give people plenty of warning. I suspect 2 weeks to a month minimum. Especially if there are capacity restrictions.

They wouldn't just open the parks tomorrow if the flowers looked good and staff was trained. They are going to give people plenty of warning. I suspect 2 weeks to a month minimum. Especially if there are capacity restrictions.
Yes, I know that. But again, my point is if we hear that this stuff is starting to be fixed, we'll know we're getting closer.

Oh yeah, it wouldn't take all that long, probably a little over a week, maybe two considering we're talking about two parks and CityWalk. I imagine some extensive cleaning/power washing has to be done as well. My point is that that's what the park looks like right now and as long as it continues to look like this (and staff aren't returning for re-training), we aren't near the point of a reopening.

Exactly. No point cutting the grass twice.

My reservations are still showing as valid so they haven't started to cancel bookings yet if they're going to.

When it comes to lawns being overgrown.. the shade of their own leaves begins to thin them out and the seed stems dry and remain like little bamboo rods... so when the do go to mow, it may look quite patchy for a while beyond.
Bio posted a pic about awhile ago from a public view of what things were looking like out there at that point:

Well July/August seem like a good guess for now for most parks being reopen on both coasts.

Of coruse if a second wave seems to be incoming could set things back but looks like May/June for Downtown Disney type area's to get back up and running and then the theme parks a month or two after that.
But who knows things change weekly, if the theme parks in china seem to help spread the virus more then will really be a bad sign for theme parks.

• Sad
Reactions: Lucky Planet
Well July/August seem like a good guess for now for most parks being reopen on both coasts.

Of coruse if a second wave seems to be incoming could set things back but looks like May/June for Downtown Disney type area's to get back up and running and then the theme parks a month or two after that.
But who knows things change weekly, if the theme parks in china seem to help spread the virus more then will really be a bad sign for theme parks.
I think mid-June/Early July sounds about right for Orlando. I think LA is a bit more complicated and they may not open until late in the summer (like September potentially).

Surprising survey results on Touring Plans.com Blog. "Survey Suggests Quick Return of WDW Trips"....Touring Plans, while acknowledging their respondents are more hard core fans than the normal guest, says that they are hearing similar results from Travel Agents that they have spoken to. The data is suggesting that the 'out of state tourists' will be coming back in greater numbers than anticipated. It's a good read.....and the results are not what I was expecting. This will certainly be worth following.

Sarcastic comment of the Day....On Touring Plans Blog's Saturday Six column, they were talking about Disney Springs initial opening at the end of May.....and thus the comment,
"The NBA Experience has been practicing the art of social distancing since it opened last year, so they should be in 'mid season form' almost immediately once the quarantine ends." ...Now, that's humorous. :lol:
...and soooo true.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.