Electric Ocean - Summer 2017 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Electric Ocean - Summer 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't want to sound jaded, but I don't see anything here that I didn't see at DCA 5 years ago. I'm glad you guys finally have a decent dance party tho.

Really? I haven't ever seen any firework, laser, fountain show and park wide rave party at DCA..

Ignite is spectacular. Such a good show. Takes WOC, Illuminations and combines them!

Reactions: Brian G. and WAJAS
Really? I haven't ever seen any firework, laser, fountain show and park wide rave party at DCA..

Ignite is spectacular. Such a good show. Takes WOC, Illuminations and combines them!

Then you've probably never been to DCA.

Glow Fest - Summer 2010

ElecTRONica - Late 2010 - 2012

Mad T Party - 2012-2016

World of Color adds fireworks seasonally, but the core show doesn't include them.

BUT AGAIN, Electric Ocean looks like a fun time, can't wait to see how it's done here in SD and looks like a great addition to SWO.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeaWorldRocks
Then you've probably never been to DCA.

Glow Fest - Summer 2010

ElecTRONica - Late 2010 - 2012

Mad T Party - 2012-2016

World of Color adds fireworks seasonally, but the core show doesn't include them.

BUT AGAIN, Electric Ocean looks like a lot of fun, can't wait to see how it's done here in SD and looks like a great addition to SWO.

I've been to Mad T numerous times. Pretty sure it's just in that area in the back of the Hollywood section... even if it takes up the whole Hollywood land it's still smaller than EO.

I've been to Mad T numerous times. Pretty sure it's just in that area in the back of the Hollywood section... even if it takes up the whole Hollywood land it's still smaller than EO.
Having been there tonight, I have to say the "parkwide rave" was pretty annoying, especially when they were playing the same songs over and over.

Making it park wide vs limited within a land doesn't make it original, or better. If anything it makes it cumbersome like what Nick is suggesting. Not all families want to be immersed in a rave. There are numerous times I've seen families walk through Mad T and look extremely lost and totally uncomfortable.

AGAIN AGAIN, that doesn't mean EO isn't good, like I said before it looks fun, I personally would enjoy it. It just opened and is still being tweaked.

I got to do both elecTRONica and Mad T Party. So much fun. I hate to sound like an alchy but.. were there any specialty drinks for EO?

I mean it is a nice show with a great theme but it's far too short, lacks fireworks until the VERY ending and the rave section in the middle felt very random. I personally would much rather watch Happily Ever After over Electric Ocean.

I mean it is a nice show with a great theme but it's far too short, lacks fireworks until the VERY ending and the rave section in the middle felt very random. I personally would much rather watch Happily Ever After over Electric Ocean.
I agree, but it's a toss up between CineSpec and Ignite (the festival itself is Electric Ocean).

Well, it was never advertised as purely a fireworks show.

It may not be the best show in the world, but it is certainly one of the best if not the best night show that SeaWorld have ever produced and it's getting rave reviews. Huge success by all measures!

Reactions: WAJAS and Alicia
I honestly am baffled that Universal doesn't have a comparable nighttime show this late in the game. IOA was literally built to include fireworks shows. How much longer?

Reactions: wizwit
Wow Ignite looks really well done. Congrats to Sea World. They know how to put on a show.

That's the difference. SeaWorld's Entertainment team has proven they know how to put on a show multiple times. Cinematic Spectacular isn't bad by any means...but not great enough to be 5 years deep as their sole nighttime headliner.

That's the difference. SeaWorld's Entertainment team has proven they know how to put on a show multiple times. Cinematic Spectacular isn't bad by any means...but not great enough to be 5 years deep as their sole nighttime headliner.
As woeful as Cinespec is, I honestly think Rivers of Light gives it a run for it's money as far as worst nighttime show goes (depending on your personal tastes, of course). RoL seems like it should be a pre-show to a much better show imo.

Reactions: WAJAS
Does anyone know who sings the song from Ignite? I believe it's an original created by SeaWorld. Was it made for this show in particular or has SW used it before?

It is delightful.

Reactions: WAJAS
I thoroughly enjoyed the night time shows last night (Monday, June 19)...some more than others.

Sea Lions Tonight has always been a fun show, and the latest version is the best so far. The parodying of Dolphin Days and Kraken Unleashed had me in tears. I'm also happy the mime is back for it.
O008.jpg

O009.jpg

O011.jpg

O013.jpg

Club Sea Glow was interesting and a great way to get interactive with the guests. We caught the beginning before it was time to head over to Shamu Stadium.
O015.jpg

I really loved the decor around the area. They really went all out.
O016.jpg

O017.jpg

O020.jpg

O021.jpg

O022.jpg

Shamu's Celebration: Light Up The Night was ok, but honestly think Shamu Rocks was much better. We were just underwhelmed. Out with the old and in with the new I suppose. Part of it may have been that it was a long day with dodging rain & reworking our day with temporary closures earlier so we were pretty much ready to go. That's what I get for only getting a couple hours sleep the night before (I'm a night owl so it threw me off trying to go to bed so early...lol).

I did enjoy the pre-show since it puts people on the spot to either dance or hide...of which I have video of...lol It seemed some of the orcas weren't performing all their parts so there seemed to be a lot of down time about halfway though. Maybe I'm just being overly critical since I'm still stuck back when the trainers could still be in the water with them. It just isn't the same. I do find it better than One Ocean I'll admit as that show just doesn't do much for us and we mostly skip it when we come. Hopefully when it's replaced with what they've put in at the San Diego park it will be better.
O018.jpg

O019.jpg

Ignite. We almost left after Shamu, but ended up staying for Ignite. I'm glad we did. It was awesome. We watched from the pathway between Bayside Stadim and the park entrance by the water. We snagged some chairs and had a front row seat...from the side. It was still great and didn't have the obstruction of the stage. I know some video has been shared, but here's mine:

I thoroughly enjoyed the night time shows last night (Monday, June 19)...some more than others.

Sea Lions Tonight has always been a fun show, and the latest version is the best so far. The parodying of Dolphin Days and Kraken Unleashed had me in tears. I'm also happy the mime is back for it.
O008.jpg

O009.jpg

O011.jpg

O013.jpg

Club Sea Glow was interesting and a great way to get interactive with the guests. We caught the beginning before it was time to head over to Shamu Stadium.
O015.jpg

I really loved the decor around the area. They really went all out.
O016.jpg

O017.jpg

O020.jpg

O021.jpg

O022.jpg

Shamu's Celebration: Light Up The Night was ok, but honestly think Shamu Rocks was much better. We were just underwhelmed. Out with the old and in with the new I suppose. Part of it may have been that it was a long day with dodging rain & reworking our day with temporary closures earlier so we were pretty much ready to go. That's what I get for only getting a couple hours sleep the night before (I'm a night owl so it threw me off trying to go to bed so early...lol).

I did enjoy the pre-show since it puts people on the spot to either dance or hide...of which I have video of...lol It seemed some of the orcas weren't performing all their parts so there seemed to be a lot of down time about halfway though. Maybe I'm just being overly critical since I'm still stuck back when the trainers could still be in the water with them. It just isn't the same. I do find it better than One Ocean I'll admit as that show just doesn't do much for us and we mostly skip it when we come. Hopefully when it's replaced with what they've put in at the San Diego park it will be better.
O018.jpg

O019.jpg

Ignite. We almost left after Shamu, but ended up staying for Ignite. I'm glad we did. It was awesome. We watched from the pathway between Bayside Stadim and the park entrance by the water. We snagged some chairs and had a front row seat...from the side. It was still great and didn't have the obstruction of the stage. I know some video has been shared, but here's mine:

Awesome photos! I can't wait to see Sea Lions Tonight next time I go. Looks great, and I miss the mime!

531af313673a66c14508644724ec3bbc.jpg

Ignite looks pretty good from there... plus sounds like you were right near a speaker too, so clear sounding. I sat to the left of the truss to try and keep the stage obstruction out of the way as much as possible. It worked out pretty good. I know most of the videos of Ignite that got posted after preview night were from way too close to the front and directly in front of the trusses so I'm glad I picked a different section. Here's mine from Friday:

Reactions: cwgator