Emotion-Based Disney Ride Patent | Inside Universal Forums

Emotion-Based Disney Ride Patent

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 15, 2012
Interesting.

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/...tent-would-alter-rides-immediately-based.html

The Walt Disney Co. hasn't ignored the emergence of auto-driving cars and what that may mean for the future of theme parks.

That's why a new Disney patent, titled "Sensing and Managing Vehicle Behavior Based on Occupant Awareness" looks at a way to read riders' emotions or pre-determined interests to customize ride experiences. For example, the patent states that via a camera on the vehicle or a wearable ID device — say Disney's MagicBands — a ride system could read rider facial expressions such as being excited or bored, and then alter the course of the attraction to increase/decrease speed, spin more or less often, change the tone of display scenery and/or more to improve the ride for guests.

Reactions: Scott W.
So I'd have to poker face my way through the whole ride for maximum thrill.

One guest is green better tone it down. Oh no, the other guest is bored we need to make it more exciting. Guest one is getting greener better tone it down again. Spin, Stop, Spin, Stop, Spin, Stop.
The thought of this makes me laugh so hard for some reason

Didn't we all see Journey into YOUR Imagination? Didn't we all learn that peering into the minds of park guests is a terrible idea and makes the worst ride ever?

Didn't we all see Journey into YOUR Imagination? Didn't we all learn that peering into the minds of park guests is a terrible idea and makes the worst ride ever?
"peering into the minds"

I just saw Snowden and this phrase carries such a deeper and darker meaning to me now...

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts