Epcot (General Discussion) | Page 137 | Inside Universal Forums

Epcot (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This version looks like they just remembered yesterday that they promised a figment walk around character A YEAR AGO and said "this is good enough".

For comparison, this is what he used to look like:
figment-meet-and-greet-old.jpg

Our boy looks like he just got released from a labor camp. #FeedFigment
Well yeah, he just got let out of the basement Disney throws him in between marketing shoots and product tie-ins. I've joked for a while now that Disney treats Figment like an abused child star.

I legitimately think an Imagination E-Ticket would elevate this park immeasurably. Figment clearly is beloved and makes money hand over fist. I remember going to the Orlando Airport and Figment being the first character arrivals saw for the 50th anniversary banners, before Mickey, Encanto, Woody, Darth Vader, Elsa.

Put all together, the new Test Track, newly reopened hub, redone SSE, Guardians, Mission: Space's two missions, Soarin: Around the World, a little love to the broken/aged effects on Nemo, and this Figment E-Ticket would make for an incredible Future World revitalization. It's already so close, it justs need that little extra bit of care.

Yeah, with Test Track getting another update, the main thing left in the front half of the park to really fix (that isn't the Wonders Pavilion) is SSE and Imagination. Give both of those updates and you've essentially fully renovated the area formerly known as Future World, aside from WoL pavilion sitting empty. I will say the ending of Soarin' 100% NEEDS to be updated at Epcot once the hub is finished. Do a quick drone shot and change the edit.

Give WS another ride or two and Epcot would then really be feeling a lot more whole imo.

Last edited:
I'm glad that they're getting rid of the construction walls by WDW MW.

Also, somewhat hopeful for the new lagoon show based off of the title? Luminous – The Symphony of Us. Hella cool title slide too:
DPEP-DD23_EPCOT_Luminous.jpg

Reactions: kristenabelle
So I've heard some issues with the new costumes. Among them are that they're really tall, and the headpiece rests directly on top of the performers head leading to a lot of unneccesary pressure and weight landing there. The last walk around mascot used a system where the weight was distributed through a kind of backpack into the rest of the body. The costume seems kind of rushed out and they have tried the costume on a good number of performers, with very few actually being able to become approved for stage. Seems like a mess to me. If someone has other or contradictory info, I'd love to hear.