Epic Universe Expansion Speculation | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For a lot of reasons, theme park shows don’t generally function well as E-ticket anchor attractions.

How long do we expect Fyre Drill to survive? For whatever reason, that type of ride seems to have a very short shelf life. I’d be a bit surprised if it’s still operating in 11 years.
When a theme park show is good....it can. Cough Cough Waterworld still going strong

For a lot of reasons, theme park shows don’t generally function well as E-ticket anchor attractions.

How long do we expect Fyre Drill to survive? For whatever reason, that type of ride seems to have a very short shelf life. I’d be a bit surprised if it’s still operating in 11 years.

Fyre Drill will have an advantage over the other Mack Splash Battles-- it will be the ONLY water ride in the park. No flumes or rapids to compete with...
Also, this is a little different than the other ones. Yes, there is some shooting each other, but there is more of shooting targets than any other one, so will be more fun. It also looks like they won't space the boats out as much as other parks do which will increase capacity which is another reason these don't last. You get soaked (which not everyone wants that) and you wait forever to get on. I also think the additional scenery will allow it to be less hot. Many of these are just open water of sun/heat death outside of when you get wet.

I think the biggest thing lacking in Epic's lineup is a couple more solid water rides. Fyre Drill is a good start but shouldn't be the only one. An indoor one that can continue operating in the rain would be nice, as well as a large flume ride with an attractive outdoor drop. Creature From the Black Lagoon could take on either of these approaches and work successfully.
The point on having a multi park resort is to not have the same things at each park. This park does not need any style water ride that another park in the resort already has, in my opinion.

As it has been said, the park has enough coasters as it is. The resort, as a whole, has a good variety of different coasters to satisfy almost every coaster fan.

Lastly, if they do add another land, I would hope it is not singular IP specific. I am giving Berk a pass as it is for kids and Potter is an exception as the world of potter is so vast and diverse. Even though it is potter, its essentially Paris which makes it not feel singular. Same with SNW. It is the Nintendo brand but different IPs that create the world like Darkmoor. So yeah, I hope they think long and hard about the next land expansion and make it worthwhile.

Now that I think about it, IOA was the perfect park that executed multi IP lands as all their islands featured several IPs under one umbrella with the exception of JP.

Reactions: IzzyB and Mad Dog
The point on having a multi park resort is to not have the same things at each park. This park does not need any style water ride that another park in the resort already has, in my opinion.

As it has been said, the park has enough coasters as it is. The resort, as a whole, has a good variety of different coasters to satisfy almost every coaster fan.

Lastly, if they do add another land, I would hope it is not singular IP specific. I am giving Berk a pass as it is for kids and Potter is an exception as the world of potter is so vast and diverse. Even though it is potter, its essentially Paris which makes it not feel singular. Same with SNW. It is the Nintendo brand but different IPs that create the world like Darkmoor. So yeah, I hope they think long and hard about the next land expansion and make it worthwhile.

Now that I think about it, IOA was the perfect park that executed multi IP lands as all their islands featured several IPs under one umbrella with the exception of JP.
What type of ride would you like to see?

I mean, IOA has both Dudley's and JP River in the same park. Despite the fact that they're both large flume rides with an attractive outdoor drop, doesn't mean they can't coexist. They both strike incredibly unique tones and create unique ride experiences. I also think that Epic is going to be much harder to park hop to/from with the distance, so it's not unreasonable to want more water ride options for a guest's day at Epic. I also mentioned adding an indoor water ride, of which there isn't a single one in all of UOR.

Ok, here are my predictions.

Luigi's Mansion is first up for 2027. We know Villain-con was just a test for the tech, right?

Maybe Potter for 2029.

And here is my bold prediction.

The USGB edict is that it gets no clones from Orlando. But that doesn't rule out Orlando getting clones from USGB. So... LotR opens with USGB in 2030, and for Epic's 10 year anniversary in 2035 it gets LotR.

I'll be 72 in 2035, so I'll probably make a trip to the UK after it opens.

We know Villain-con was just a test for the tech, right?
tumblr_p7c7h8W4V61x0bvwko2_540.gifv

I mean, IOA has both Dudley's and JP River in the same park. Despite the fact that they're both large flume rides with an attractive outdoor drop, doesn't mean they can't coexist. They both strike incredibly unique tones and create unique ride experiences. I also think that Epic is going to be much harder to park hop to/from with the distance, so it's not unreasonable to want more water ride options for a guest's day at Epic. I also mentioned adding an indoor water ride, of which there isn't a single one in all of UOR.

Put emphasis on style of water ride. They are not both large flume rides. They are 2 different types of water rides in the industry with one being a chute the chutes and the other being a flume. They both offer different thrill levels as well as different levels of wetness. Also, aside from being the means of transportation in a dark ride, there is a very large reason why there is no 100 percent indoor water rides in all of FLA and not just UOR. As a matter of fact, with the exception of indoor parks, I cannot think of one park that has a completely indoor water ride, period.

What type of ride would you like to see?
I have mention it before but I will not turn down a chance to dream again lol. For celestial park. . .
dinosaurpark231006d.jpg

7537333004_1c35c546e0_b.jpg

csm_b_WS56_Liseberg_03f9520110.jpg

Wave-swinger.jpg

For HTTYD. . .

pdp_degrotegolf.jpg

For Dark Universe. . .

intamin-amusement-rides-immersive-attractions-products-desktop-dynamic-motion-stage-1.jpg

DMS-Renders19-1920x1077.jpg

48243935456_fa1061d8f2_b.jpg

lucia-pigoli-production-design-week-09-lucia-pigoli-02.jpg

fj002-35.jpg

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Put emphasis on style of water ride. They are not both large flume rides. They are 2 different types of water rides in the industry with one being a chute the chutes and the other being a flume. They both offer different thrill levels as well as different levels of wetness. Also, aside from being the means of transportation in a dark ride, there is a very large reason why there is no 100 percent indoor water rides in all of FLA and not just UOR. As a matter of fact, with the exception of indoor parks, I cannot think of one park that has a completely indoor water ride, period.
Pirates, Avatar, living with the land, and Frozen? Frozen prior to re-do I wouldn't consider that all inside, but now it is. 3 of the 4 parks in Disney have indoor water rides and two of them have small drops.

Which is why is said aside from being the means of transport. All those mentioned are using water as a means of transport in a dark ride. You can change water to trackless vehicles or an omnimover system and little to nothing will change about the ride experience as water/boat were merely the means of transport. In my opinion, water rides are meant to get you wet and those are the rides we are talking about here.