Epic Universe Expansion Speculation | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Epic Universe Expansion Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I feel we’ll see what they can do with Oz at Universal Studios Great Britain.
I am going to guess it will contain a large scale dark ride that will fully do the IP justice.

Back to the discussion on hand, I could very well see them going for a fantasy springs like approach for the EU expansion plot
I wonder if Universal is waiting on the Live Action Zelda movie to make a decision on a Zelda section for Epic Universe. I know it's up to debate if it'll go in Islands or Epic. But good gosh I hope Epic. That's one of the most popular video games and it deserves a sizeable land, for Hyrule Castle town, and maybe the Great Deku tree, or Death Mountain. (Or both because I'm greedy.)
In a perfect world, Dark Universe and Super Nintendo World would be next to each other so a Luigi's Mansion could be put in between for a seamless flow.
Universal probably wants to have all 3 parks have some form of Nintendo IP as a draw to each of them. If Zelda goes to EU, I wonder If they would have a backup plan for IOA or have that be the odd park out with no Nintendo property in it.

I am going to guess it will contain a large scale dark ride that will fully do the IP justice.

Back to the discussion on hand, I could very well see them going for a fantasy springs like approach for the EU expansion plot

Universal probably wants to have all 3 parks have some form of Nintendo IP as a draw to each of them. If Zelda goes to EU, I wonder If they would have a backup plan for IOA or have that be the odd park out with no Nintendo property in it.
For the lost continent replacement Universal could use Animal Crossing due to how much New Horizons blew up or maybe a Smash Bros/general Nintendo land to represent their series that aren't big enough for their own lands

Reactions: IndyRs
I wonder if Universal is waiting on the Live Action Zelda movie to make a decision on a Zelda section for Epic Universe. I know it's up to debate if it'll go in Islands or Epic. But good gosh I hope Epic. That's one of the most popular video games and it deserves a sizeable land, for Hyrule Castle town, and maybe the Great Deku tree, or Death Mountain. (Or both because I'm greedy.)
In a perfect world, Dark Universe and Super Nintendo World would be next to each other so a Luigi's Mansion could be put in between for a seamless flow.

Im definitely overthinking this and getting worried over a worst case scenario, but the announcement of that live action movie low key did place a seed of doubt in my mind over whether Universal could get cold feet on Zelda should the movie be a dud with audiences in the scenario that it arrives in theaters before they decide to greenlight a Zelda land.

I know there were similar fears given the historically bad track record of video game movies that a similar occurrence could have happened with Illumination's Mario and Detective Pikachu being rejected by audiences if the movies didnt do the IPs justice. But I feel like the Mario and Pokémon IP just as video games are so famous already to the general public that a bad movie wouldn't taint them overall, but just reinforce the belief that video game movies don't work.

On the other hand with Zelda I think a movie will be a ton of people's first introduction into the IP and its reception could have a big influence on general feelings towards the Zelda name. If Universal themselves were invested in this movie to make it a success like they were with Mario, I feel like they would go ahead with the theme park anyways because they have an incentive to help that brand. But this being a Sony Pictures joint means Universal doesn't really have skin in the game here.

Overall though who knows this movie may yet be farther away than even a Zelda theme park so it could be a non-issue.

For the lost continent replacement Universal could use Animal Crossing due to how much New Horizons blew up or maybe a Smash Bros/general Nintendo land to represent their series that aren't big enough for their own lands
What a great idea! I love the Animal Crossing games, I dunno why I didn't think of that. It may not be a huge draw, but honestly, , like you said, the Lost Continent area is one of, if not the smallest area, so a smaller scale Nintendo property would be best there. Like Kirby, or Animal Crossing like you said. Maaaybe Metroid Prime? But Smash bros is also a great idea. I like your style.

Sooo. . . back to Epic expansion spec lol.

I would like to see Celestial Gardens expand with a Cirque style show. I know, I know, shows are not Universal but I feel this could revive the show aspect of Universal. If they can pull off something like "O", a smaller version of course, then I am sure it would be a hit!

Im definitely overthinking this and getting worried over a worst case scenario, but the announcement of that live action movie low key did place a seed of doubt in my mind over whether Universal could get cold feet on Zelda should the movie be a dud with audiences in the scenario that it arrives in theaters before they decide to greenlight a Zelda land.

I know there were similar fears given the historically bad track record of video game movies that a similar occurrence could have happened with Illumination's Mario and Detective Pikachu being rejected by audiences if the movies didnt do the IPs justice. But I feel like the Mario and Pokémon IP just as video games are so famous already to the general public that a bad movie wouldn't taint them overall, but just reinforce the belief that video game movies don't work.

On the other hand with Zelda I think a movie will be a ton of people's first introduction into the IP and its reception could have a big influence on general feelings towards the Zelda name. If Universal themselves were invested in this movie to make it a success like they were with Mario, I feel like they would go ahead with the theme park anyways because they have an incentive to help that brand. But this being a Sony Pictures joint means Universal doesn't really have skin in the game here.

Overall though who knows this movie may yet be farther away than even a Zelda theme park so it could be a non-issue.

I mean, it would stink if the movie was bad. However, one bad movie won't undo the impact and success the Zelda franchise has spent decades doing. They'd be silly not to do a land for it. It's Nintendo's biggest franchise behind Mario. Maybe tied with Mario?
And there's so much potential. A kokiri/lost woods section with a Great Deku tree roller coaster/ attraction.
Tokyo DisneySea has a big mountain replica built. Universal can do that with Death Mountain for a indoor/outdoor mine coaster.
And ofcourse a gorgeous massive Castle weenie that is Hyrule Castle.

Reactions: Gartooth
Sooo. . . back to Epic expansion spec lol.

I would like to see Celestial Gardens expand with a Cirque style show. I know, I know, shows are not Universal but I feel this could revive the show aspect of Universal. If they can pull off something like "O", a smaller version of course, then I am sure it would be a hit!

I think a high-concept show would work REALLY well. Drones could represent the constellations coming to life, with live performers around the base of the fountain or parading from the different lands to create a festival gathering in the center of the park - like Tapestry of Nations or Rivers of Light. The great thing is the representational nature of the zodiac and the way the drones can be “explained” in a highly-immersive land (and in a way that frankly is unnecessary but would be spectacular world-building).

BraviSEAmo energy, but avoiding the pitfalls of those shows by infusing the high-concept story of Celestial Park and artistic original segments with segments based on each land.

The show stars with some original characters based on the lore of the land, the ones that create the Chronos and invite explorers to new universes, inviting the stars to celebrate the spirit of discovery and the unity of our universes. Partway through the first act of the show the Chronos lights up, along with all of the spires around the land, and lighting effects pulse through Celestial Park to make it appear that the Chronos is “spinning”. Drones masquerading as stars blink on and begin to swirl into a vortex as the descend to greet us and the central fountain goes crazy. The astrological signs present themselves and soon the stars move into the shape of… a giant mushroom!

Imagine a show that is framed by star signs (Dragons - Air Sign, Monsters - Fire Sign, Mario - Earth Sign, Wizards - Water Sign). Cue sequences based on each land, with the potential integration of daytime drones (dragons? Flying question mark boxes?) to tell the stories. Big emotional finale comes from Dragons or Potter, and a finale ensues featuring the zodiac again as the stars migrate back to the sky, but not before the trees get doused in a “stardust” effect, and you leave the park surrounded by laser-points on the trees creating an enchanting exit pathway for you.

I think that the old Epcot and Cirque sensibilities are VERY strong at Epic and can do a lot to create a sense of wonder that most modern parks are afraid to commit to.

Just imagine flying through the emerald city. . .

AVvXsEhQaLTDdIzPwu16rERjRYcOl-B05bJo8NlOpUAs-dUAt6NGIgdnshPRH4J5ZMIBBZMe9YR2gRW8ndG1DOGp3anplDxb4CZYcWmNmRGZ50ijsYHkr3zfbLcLCEzbDyN8QRjB4LWube9-Ad5efUFuoOqdKzt-sLuJIGP0ar_TUSPFGsjHcq5MwgYNPgRW=s16000

iqd1d352qxw2no.jpg

file.php

FLY02-1024x768.jpeg

^ When it comes to the Universal crowds, yes. RMC coasters are niche at best, in my opinion. They don't really move the meter when it comes to park attendance as they are considered by most park goers as too extreme. At the end of the day, I feel Universal wants rides and attractions that everyone could enjoy if they wanted to.

Reactions: IzzyB
If I were to do Wicked I would do:

Emerald City - suspended Gringotts defying gravity ride and the show from One Short Day (Wizomania)
Shiz University - boat ride through different Ozian landscapes
Munchkinland - tulip tea cup flat ride
Kiamo Ko (Witch's Castle) - could do a flying monkey coaster but would be similar to the one they're building in Warner Bros Movie World.

Reactions: kristenabelle

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts