Falcon's Fury | Page 25 | Inside Universal Forums

Falcon's Fury

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Only going to get one shot up tonight, sorry.

FalconsFury-105.jpg

^ Yeah, they need to stay on schedule!

My timeline was off on the next lift. I was told after Thanksgiving so I assumed yesterday. I have now been told it will be happening early Monday morning. :thumbs:

Off to BGT again today, later. :wave:

Here's a video of the next section being lifted . . .

[video=youtube;-u81H6eaxFI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-u81H6eaxFI[/video]

Thanks to Bill over at BGT Fan's for the vid.

Ok, here's the latest info . . .

The current crane will be used to install the next section. That should be happening tomorrow morning.

The current crane will be replaced by a much larger crane that will have to be assembled onsite. Once that is done the current plan is to install a piece every other night until topped off.

Transport of the sections happens either very late at night or very early in the morning.

I'll pass on more info as I receive it.

Last edited:
The thought of diddling around beneath tons of hanging steel makes me want to puke. I don't know how those guys do it.

About 10 years ago I was project manager/site forman for a company that specialized in installing high end modular homes. These homes were set on full foundations/basements. One of my jobs was to oversee the installation of the support columns that held up the boxes as we called them. A typical box was about 70' long and 15' wide with at least two boxes per story. The columns had to be exactly in place per the prints and dead plumb. As you can imagine you had to be under the suspended box to perform this task. I was responsible for this about twice a month for just over three years.

During one of the sets of a two story home, the first of two second story boxes was being lowered into place when I noticed that a bundle of cable had not be dropped from it's location in a stud bay. This bundle was to be fed down a first floor wire chase in the middle of the box. This chase was to small to climb later and the wires were supposed to just drop in place while lowering the box. As the box was almost in position I gave the hand single to stop the lift and lock all controls. The box stopped about three to four feet from it's final resting place. I grabbed a hammer and crawled in between the already set first floor module and the suspended second floor module and released the cable bundle. I then proceeded to scurry back out.

This lift was being done by a very similar crane to the current one being used in the FF lifts. Although, smaller in size.

I think this is very similar to fear of heights of claustrophobia. These things either bother you or they don't. Kind of like doing a heli charter photo update with the doors off. :thumbs:

End of story.

About 10 years ago I was project manager/site forman for a company that specialized in installing high end modular homes. These homes were set on full foundations/basements. One of my jobs was to oversee the installation of the support columns that held up the boxes as we called them. A typical box was about 70' long and 15' wide with at least two boxes per story. The columns had to be exactly in place per the prints and dead plumb. As you can imagine you had to be under the suspended box to perform this task. I was responsible for this about twice a month for just over three years.

During one of the sets of a two story home, the first of two second story boxes was being lowered into place when I noticed that a bundle of cable had not be dropped from it's location in a stud bay. This bundle was to be fed down a first floor wire chase in the middle of the box. This chase was to small to climb later and the wires were supposed to just drop in place while lowering the box. As the box was almost in position I gave the hand single to stop the lift and lock all controls. The box stopped about three to four feet from it's final resting place. I grabbed a hammer and crawled in between the already set first floor module and the suspended second floor module and released the cable bundle. I then proceeded to scurry back out.

This lift was being done by a very similar crane to the current one being used in the FF lifts. Although, smaller in size.

I think this is very similar to fear of heights of claustrophobia. These things either bother you or they don't. Kind of like doing a heli charter photo update with the doors off. :thumbs:

End of story.

:pop:

Ok everyone, I'm working on setting up a few things and if all goes right I'll be able to ask questions about Falcon's Fury.

So if anyone has anything thing they would like to know please post the questions here. I am going to approach this from a technical standpoint but I'm open to all questions.

Thanks

^
what hurricane winds is the tower rated for?

will there be 'sway' cables attached to the top?

how do they know there are no imminent sink holes beneath?

will there be exposed cables such as those that caused the accident on the superman tower?

What machinery will be encased inside the tower?

(just wanted bob to know that he can count on me for questions)