Fantasmic 2.0? | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasmic 2.0?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Another interesting Orlando tweet from bioreconstruct;

bioreconstruct (@bioreconstruct) Tweeted: Aerial comparison of Fantasmic today (first photo) and 6 days earlier.

So basically they’re just rolling with a modified version of the previous b-mode? I can live with that but it stinks to lose what was such a spectacular “wow” moment.

Reactions: Clive
So basically they’re just rolling with a modified version of the previous b-mode? I can live with that but it stinks to lose what was such a spectacular “wow” moment.

For what it's worth--the modified B-Mode seems to be a temporary solution possibly..
1716399527357.png

Reactions: Wesker69 and Jake S

Not my brain going "What does The Lost Boys" have to do with Peter Pan- oh.. right. Wrong gang. Nevermind"

In other news, while I really do hate these "larger" FUNKO Pop figures, I'm seriously tempted with this anniversary one because it literally could be sold at Disneyland as "Fantasmic merch".
1000012041.jpg
I'd pair it with a regular size Sorcerer Mickey lol

Reactions: Jerroddragon
B Mode is now A mode....in 2-3 years I think the Dragon could return but...until then they will sell out the Dinning packages and make money for the Murphy 3.0 fund

I’m sorry. I don’t care how problematic Murphy was. I won’t accept it unless there is some sort of proper replacement for that effect. Prices are just getting too high to allow that to be acceptable.
Too each their own but Fantasmic was around over 10 years before the Murphy was added

Fantasmic isn't one moment, its a 25 Minute show with amazing sound mixing music, actors, fire and fireworks effects and much more. I think its really to me insaulting to the show to say without one effect the entire show should not exist. Should WOC not be a thing? Its just water screens?

To me its the best show Disney has ever made and has yet to top (the 50th Fireworks....Dreams Come True as close second) and think its worth the hyper with or without the Dragon the rest of the show is a joy and now with Pan back it focuses again on Disney Animated classics

Reactions: Jake S
Too each their own but Fantasmic was around over 10 years before the Murphy was added
That comes across as implying they didn't have a physical dragon prop before "Murphy". Dragon head on a stick with wings (like at DHS) is still better than B-Mode Maleficent on a platform.

Should WOC not be a thing? Its just water screens?
Short answer: YES!
World of Color is the same as doing projection mapping only instead of fireworks. It's a very hit or miss "show", but unfortunately it is necessary because DCA would be worse without it

its worth the hype with or without the Dragon
Worth the hype without the dragon? No. Everyone that is familiar with Maleficent (not to be confused by the awful live-action version), knows she transforms into a dragon. And while she has A LOT of pride/confidence to go up against Mickey in "human" form, the finale is lackluster without the iconic dragon.

and now with Pan back it focuses again on Disney Animated classics
Even without Peter Pan the show focused on the animated classics. This is just a distraction tactic to hide the lack of dragon. I'd be more hyped if Tick-Tock returned too. Gotta feed Mr Crocodile fresh "cod fish"!

If they really wanted to do something good, they'd bring back the original "princess medley". Sorry, not sorry Rapunzel.

Last edited:
Cool

Well to those upset about the Dragon....enjoy that. I'll be going to see it Sunday and will most likely enjoy it like normal