Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (movie) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (movie)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think it's sad someone goes to great lengths to be a buzz kill for no reason. :thumbs:
Not being a buzz kill, just trying to even out your fanboying. The freaking thing gets announced today and you already are throwing LC in the can and giving a new ride to something you haven't seen. THAT was my point.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not like it's going to be sloppy fan fiction. I'll trust JK until she gives me a reason not to.
I don't NOT trust her. She's great. When I see a trailer i'll have a much better educated opinion on this. As I said, I love the character's potential.

How is this any different than everyone going ape **** about Star Wars Ep.VII. At least the original author is producing this.
If I recall, there was rejoice when it was announced Lucas wouldn't be involved in production for Ep. VII so it's not EXACTLY the same.

It can't ruin the original stories, at least for me. I read a lot of the Star Wars Expanded Universe at one point and just cause some of it was garbage, it never effected my opinions of the original movies. I just shrugged and moved on to the next story. Even if this new movie is trash, I'll still love the original 7 books.

Well after Ep. I, Lucas has given us cause to question our trust in him.
I agree, it's different. JK hasn't given reason to doubt yet, maybe what part of my issue is is I wish she was releasing an actual hard copy book before the film's release. I know there was a book this is based on, but it's mostly only based on the character and his backstory.

So, I'm uber excited for this! :dance:

And there's talk of theme park addition all over the web! WIN! Dragon Challenge could get flipped, or could this be a whole new Wizarding World land in the rumored third Orlando gate. Whatever comes, I'm stoked to even just speculate! :cheers:

LOL. You don't know them, don't judge. They are fully grown adults, read every book, watched every movie, two even read the book this is based off of. They're just skeptical at this juncture on how it will play out and if it will be entertaining enough beyond showing off what they can do with special effects, dragons, etc. If this turns out to be a not so good movie, the consensus was it would ruin how they look at the Potter series in general.

Did the Ewoks movie or the druids cartoon ruin Star Wars for its fans. I do not think no matter how good or bad this movie is it will ruin the Potter universe. I mean if there was something that could have ruined a series it was the Star Wars holiday special and the best Star Wars movie came out after that.

I am super super excited about this!! The book we are all referring to came out in 2003 for charity (I still have mine, although its a little battered from being read so many times!) and isn't really a proper book, its more like a little textbook, which describes the different creatures in wizarding world. I think there is going to be loads of adventures going on in these films and I cannot wait to see what she comes up with. I would like to learn more about the creatures too!

Yay!! Go JKRowling :happy:

I think it was the Special Editions that caused everyone to begin feeling suspicious of him. Or maybe it was Howard the Duck. :lol:

Lucas's problem, in all reality, is that the guys hates Star Wars. Watch any making of special on the prequels and you can see how little he cares about what he's doing. Scripts were written mere months before shooting on a pad of paper on he had. Gave 0 craps about those movies. JKR isn't Lucas.

It's not like it's going to be sloppy fan fiction. I'll trust JK until she gives me a reason not to.

This. I'm slightly skeptical in why they're producing this thing, but it's JKR, so if it must exist I'll trust her until given a reason not to.

Lucas's problem, in all reality, is that the guys hates Star Wars. Watch any making of special on the prequels and you can see how little he cares about what he's doing. Scripts were written mere months before shooting on a pad of paper on he had. Gave 0 craps about those movies. JKR isn't Lucas.

I think its kind of hard to hate something you created yourself, and practically spent your whole life doing. If youve seen any of the countless stories about the making of Star Wars (particularly the first one), you would know Lucas has quite a passion for it. Is he the greatest filmmaker in the world? No, and he admits that. But to say he hates his baby because he made some changes that not everyone likes is a bit of a stretch. The thing is, Lucas created Star Wars himself, the whole universe is his brainchild; the way I see it, he can make whatever changes he wants. Its not like I went in there and screwed around with a classic movie, the actual creator went and added things that he thought would improve the stories and that would have been in the films originally had he had the opportunity to make them a certain way back in the 1970's. I mean, to say Lucas hates Star Wars is like saying I hate cake because I put in an ingredient that I thought would taste better--sorry if nobody else likes it but its still my cake, and I want it to be as good as possible.

Point being, Lucas doesnt hate Star Wars. And JKR doesnt hate HP. But this Lucas vs JKR argument is operating on a bit of a double-standard.

i think its kind of hard to hate something you created yourself, and practically spent your whole life doing. If youve seen any of the countless stories about the making of star wars (particularly the first one), you would know lucas has quite a passion for it. Is he the greatest filmmaker in the world? No, and he admits that. But to say he hates his baby because he made some changes that not everyone likes is a bit of a stretch. The thing is, lucas created star wars himself, the whole universe is his brainchild; the way i see it, he can make whatever changes he wants. Its not like i went in there and screwed around with a classic movie, the actual creator went and added things that he thought would improve the stories and that would have been in the films originally had he had the opportunity to make them a certain way back in the 1970's. I mean, to say lucas hates star wars is like saying i hate cake because i put in an ingredient that i thought would taste better--sorry if nobody else likes it but its still my cake, and i want it to be as good as possible.

Point being, lucas doesnt hate star wars. And jkr doesnt hate hp. But this lucas vs jkr argument is operating on a bit of a double-standard.
preach!

Personally, my favorite thing about the franchise is the Wizarding World itself. The HP storyline is great, the characters are great, but the best part is the entire world created around it (The Ministry, wizarding standards, locations, etc.) THAT is the reason I believe JKR agreed to this and THAT is the reason why I'll keep optimistic about it. She's always talked about how the world is the one thing she's wanted to expand on in interviews. We'll all see how that's handled when the movie comes out. I'm a huge fan of the Wizarding World. I reserve my right to be disappointed. In fact that right is sitting in my front pocket, ready to be pulled out if things start to seem sour. But until I see that turn, I'll be excited about the project. All I know about this is that a) JKR is writing the screenplay, b) it's based off of a cool little side-book, and c) it's taking place in the 20's. Jazz-Age Wizardry? I'll take that any day. I agree with tylerdurden on this one, and the JKR/Lucas stuff is a bit of a stretch. The best things that bud from these boards are speculations, so let's just get on to that. I mean, we've got a nice amount of source material to work with. So how about this Newt fellow?

2zz5aao.jpg

This is what the book says about Newt.