Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2 | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Fantasyland Expansion - Part 2

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
New Fantasyland | Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
Thanksgiving Weekend Update

dsc7136s.jpg

dsc7070s.jpg

dsc7072s.jpg

dsc7118s.jpg

dsc7135s.jpg

dsc7138s.jpg

dsc7139s.jpg

dsc7250s.jpg

dsc7257s.jpg

dsc7331s.jpg

.​

Reactions: Felipe
Looks like a lot has gotten into top gear after FLE soft opened. Awesome. Bathroom look cool... just except they spent how much on themed restrooms and not rides?

New Commercial

[video=youtube;RAP3cxRJ1l8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAP3cxRJ1l8[/video]

From @INTERCOT

The line for [HASHTAG]#BeOurGuest[/HASHTAG] counter service lunch. FYI they close the line at 2pm/cw

i9SFUCpJTMpvI.jpg

From Disney Parks Blog

Commemorative Grand Reveal Merchandise for New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park on December 6
I’m looking forward to the grand reveal of New Fantasyland on December 6. We have created a small assortment of commemorative items to celebrate the largest expansion in the history of Magic Kingdom Park. We will also be holding a New Fantasyland pin release party at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort on December 6 from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. This free activity will see the release of the limited edition pins and sets that I first discussed in September. I will be sharing details of that event soon on the Disney Parks Blog. While no pins will be at Magic Kingdom Park on December 6, here is a look at the other items we will be releasing that day.

iFKHt4LCU8txP.jpg

The grand reveal day has been captured in three new shirts that will be offered all day at Magic Kingdom Park on December 6. For men, shirts will be offered in sizes ranging from small to 3-extra large, while ladies’ shirts will have sizes ranging from extra-small to 2-extra large. For youth, the shirts will be offered in extra small to extra large.

i7zfaWPJ52MUA.jpg

We will introduce a new “Cover Your Ears” featuring a beautiful aerial view of New Fantasyland. We first introduced this new kind of cover for a standard Disney ear hat during the 30th anniversary of Epcot. The “Cover Your Ears” for New Fantasyland has an edition size of 1,000.

ibeI6PpmeMMJ0u.jpg

Speaking of covers, we will be offering six new D-Tech On Demand cases for both the iPhone 4/4S and iPhone 5. The three New Fantasyland cases use the amazing signature images released in August 2012, and will have an edition size of 300 each. The Disney Princess cases featuring Belle, Ariel and Snow White will be limited release.

iFbcLYuSkC446.jpg

Finally, we will release two deluxe prints, again featuring those signature images of Maurice’s Cottage and Prince Eric’s Castle. Each print has an edition size of 500.

On December 6, you can find commemorative merchandise in the following Magic Kingdom Park locations:

• Emporium – Main Street, U.S.A. – Will have tees, Cover Your Ears and D-Tech On Demand cases.
  • Main Street Cinema – Main Street, U.S.A. – Will have deluxe prints only.
  • Big Top Souvenirs – Fantasyland – Will have tees only.
  • Mickey’s Star Traders – Tomorrowland – Will have tees only.
  • Pirates Bazaar – Adventureland – Will have tees only.
The event tees and the D-Tech On Demand cases with Disney Princesses for iPhone 4/4s and iPhone 5 will also be sold via the Disney Parks online store from December 6-9, 2012 (please allow 8 to 10 weeks for delivery). To find these items online starting December 6, visit http://www.DisneyStore.com/NewFantasyland.

I hope to see you at New Fantasyland for what will be an exciting day!

Briman if your reading this, I'm sticking to my initial gut reaction :thumbs:

They really should have gone for a name other than New Fantasyland, but I suppose they figured their audience isn't capable of understanding something less simple. Fantasy Forest was/is a better option IMO.

I agree. The Princess art on the cases look really off... Snow White's looks borderline knock-off. Belle and Ariel look high and all gaunt. REALLY WEIRD...

Focusing on the positives: The overall theming in the new Fantasyland looks really nice. I just went to WDW a couple of months ago during Food & Wine, so I won't go again for a while. Whenever I do go back, I hope I can dine in the BoG restaurant. I'll probably make it out there once the Dwarf Mine coaster opens.