Farewell Monsters Cafe? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Farewell Monsters Cafe?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't understand why they wouldn't have done this before. I think the Monsters Cafe could use a nice update but it's still good for what it is.

Here's how to print money, alongside Energon, if they decide to retheme the restaurant:

A dark, oil-looking drink. Make it chocolate, chocolate-mocha (little bit of jamocha in the parks can't be a bad thing), or just mocha flavored. I'm sure they can figure out some way to put a spin on it to make it even more amazing. But, yeah, I gotta admit I'd be pretty psyched to try some 'energon'. One of the craziest things I loved about Potterland was the unique beverages. They have another chance to knock it out of the ballpark and build another money printing building next to the one they have behind MIB.

Just for the record here, I love the heck out of the current themeing.

Here's how to print money, alongside Energon, if they decide to retheme the restaurant:

A dark, oil-looking drink. Make it chocolate, chocolate-mocha (little bit of jamocha in the parks can't be a bad thing), or just mocha flavored. I'm sure they can figure out some way to put a spin on it to make it even more amazing. But, yeah, I gotta admit I'd be pretty psyched to try some 'energon'. One of the craziest things I loved about Potterland was the unique beverages. They have another chance to knock it out of the ballpark and build another money printing building next to the one they have behind MIB.

Just for the record here, I love the heck out of the current themeing.

I always thought Universal could use a good 'frappacino-esque' specialty drink

I have no idea what Energon is, but if it helps complete the theme of the area, I am for it. It will be sad of course to see such a great themed restaurant go (theming is the only thing Monsters' Cafe has going for it), but I welcome progress.

Wow! I just found this thread and funnily enough, I was thinking about this very same topic earlier, while listening to the latest episode of OURadio. Basically, this is what I wrote on that thread:

I really like the Monsters theme, so I agree that Monsters Café could use an update and I hope that happens rather than having it disappear… or they could re-do Café La Bamba into a proper Monsters Cafe to go with the Horror Make Up show across the street. I think Universal should really give Monsters / Horror more prominence, especially in their Studios park, taking into consideration their legacy and history with horror movies. I hope they at least bring up the quality of food to theming at the current Monsters Cafe. Bring it to the level of quality that Hogsmeade, Despicable Me, Springfield, Diagon Alley have gotten. And get creative with dishes so they match the Horror / Monsters theme.

And expanding upon that, maybe a new Monsters Cafe could work where Cafe La Bamba stands as a new upscale and haute cuisine spot. It could be really pretty adventurous and interesting dining. Plus they barely use Cafe La Bamba, except mostly for those M&G breakfasts and during super busy seasons, but they could shift that business elsewhere and take this or another off time of the year to create this new place. I'd totally dig it. Call it Monster's Mansion or something along those lines :cheers:

PS: I SO MUCH agree with this:

I would hate to see the park get rid of the Monsters Cafe. It has always been my favorite restaurant in the park, and the Universal Monsters are so under represented. It's a shame the movies that almost single handedly kept Universal afloat during the Depression don't get the respect they deserve.

Last edited:
If they do this, the Donkey M&G should go or move. (Kid Zone?)Since we dont at the moment have the interactive I think an interactive Wheelie Meet and Greet would be awesome right here. On his way in and out General Morsehower could come on the screen as a send off or introduction.

If they do this, the Donkey M&G should go or move. (Kid Zone?)Since we dont at the moment have the interactive I think an interactive Wheelie Meet and Greet would be awesome right here. On his way in and out General Morsehower could come on the screen as a send off or introduction.

The reason it is where it is because that is where shrek 4D exits

Why not just put a little area that just sells energon and snack
I agree that Energon should be on it's own if they want it to be seen as something that is similar to Butterbeer and generate that kind of revenue. Sticking it in a QS restaurant where it's out of view from passerby's isn't a good idea imo.

Universal should close at least 1 of the Shrek 4D theatres to change it into silly fun land and that whole part could be a Despicable Me mini area like Simpsons with ice-cream and everything. It would make entering the park much nicer.

Changing Monsters into Transformers eatery is good business thinking.

Move scary food options like themed cookies and stuff to the monster show by positioning carts there so people can grab a fun snack while waiting or watching the show (permanent Halloween snacks). If in any way the awesome classic horror icons are ever revived in a successful movie they can dedicate a ride, shop and restaurant to the new theme and make it another mini area. Lets hope they get that success. The new Frankenstein movie looks fun (but I also liked van Helsing a lot so)...

Universal should close at least 1 of the Shrek 4D theatres to change it into silly fun land and that whole part could be a Despicable Me mini area like Simpsons with ice-cream and everything. It would make entering the park much nicer.

You know, that's a wonderful idea! They could close the theater that's closer to the Despicable Me soundstage, while keeping open the one behind that. Great idea indeed.

So now instead of just exiting through a gift shop they should throw a restaurant into the mix?

Every attraction should have a themed area?

Keep the MC but upgrade the food service, or move it and upgrade the food service.

I just keep thinking if they want a place to sell the drink, why not build something right across from the exit on the waterfront? That way it can sell drinks to exiting guests as well to Cinematic Spectacular viewers. The idea of a full fledged Transformers restaurant just seems dumb. Robots don't eat...

Potentially related to DM? Posted a few days ago, but surely something to consider.
Screen_Shot_2014_02_21_at_3_38_06_PM.png