Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Curious about the queue/station theme, probably similar to Supercharge on both coasts being an autoshop/warehouse.

Still hoping for that fantasy glitz/glamor that people associate with Hollywood, but also a hint of Tokyo Drift's nighttime neon vibe.

I'd be amused if they could recreate part of the Hollywood sign on the hill where most of the track is at.

Honestly kind of hoping they dive -much more deeply- into LA Car Culture in this. With how this ride is smack dab in Hollywood/Burbank; it would be fantastic for custom car modification groups to have their vehicles represented.

Even if West Coast Customs already does that for SFMM; it'd be great to see other groups get involved for Universal--or even more prop-cars from the films being on display than what Orlando does.

I think it's much more likely they team up with a brand like Dodge for this, rather than aiming for a mod shop of some kind. And while the Challenger/Charger are dead (for now), they still hold mass appeal on vibes alone.

I think it's much more likely they team up with a brand like Dodge for this, rather than aiming for a mod shop of some kind. And while the Challenger/Charger are dead (for now), they still hold mass appeal on vibes alone.

I wouldn't be shocked either if unlike Supercharged in Orlando--they go further in collaboration to have licensing for sponsors be a major element.

I'd also say Nissan due to Brian's Nissan Skyline-GTR. The GTR model is just as important in iconography as the Charger is.

Reactions: Wesker69 and Jake S
I just realized this is a spinning outdoor version of Rockin' Roller Coaster (which was also LA/Hollywood themed), from a certain point of view.

Wonder if this will have onboard audio because I just can't fathom a F&F coaster being a silent experience.

Fast & Furious: Hollywood Drift - Music by Figure &/or Slash

Reactions: alias8703
I just realized this is a spinning outdoor version of Rockin' Roller Coaster (which was also LA/Hollywood themed), from a certain point of view.

Wonder if this will have onboard audio because I just can't fathom a F&F coaster being a silent experience.

Fast & Furious: Hollywood Drift - Music by Figure &/or Slash
One would think logistically--onboard audio has to be present for atleast allowing them to mimick engine and car sounds. And honestly--I'd love if each specific "Car" had a song that'd be only audible for those in that car, with the whole train then at the final break run having our national USH anthem:

The funniest thing, is that I am deadass not even joking. I will be fuming if we don't get reminded of where we began XDDDD

-I'd love if each specific "Car" had a song that'd be only audible for those in that car,

Or at the very least each train could have a different song playing during the ride that's randomized (like Cosmic Rewind). "Tokyo Drift" is an obvious one, but songs like "Danza Kuduro," "We Own It," and "How We Roll" being in the mix would fuse well with the ride, especially because music is one of the things that's part of the whole franchise's identity. Remix them with sounds of tires screeching, characters calling out, whatever, and I think it'd really bring the whole experience together in a way that makes people/fans go, "Yeah, this is the F&F I know."

Or at the very least each train could have a different song playing during the ride that's randomized (like Cosmic Rewind). "Tokyo Drift" is an obvious one, but songs like "Danza Kuduro," "We Own It," and "How We Roll" being in the mix would fuse well with the ride, especially because music is one of the things that's part of the whole franchise's identity. Remix them with sounds of tires screeching, characters calling out, whatever, and I think it'd really bring the whole experience together in a way that makes people/fans go, "Yeah, this is the F&F I know."
And I highly agree.

Something I think separates this from what I think Supercharged is--is that it doesn't really seem to feel like it's going to hide what it originated as: a series that dominated with high-speed sequences, focusing on cars, and that feeling of the need for speed. Having that be a core element that defines this attraction--as if you are at a LA Party about to do a race, would be a fantastic choice of honoring the series.

It's simplicity is what allows it to easily shine. And the best part is, they don't have to connect to the new films to get that point across (outside of potentially banger song selections that get remixed).

Reactions: highdefrex
Due to its proximity of Springfield, specifically Duff Gardens, I could see this area being rethemed in the future to be tied to the franchise/LA setting

- Phineas Q Butterfats Ice Cream
- Luigi's Pizza
- Suds McDuff's Hot Dogs
- Duff Brewery Beer Gardens
- BumbleBee Man's Taco Truck

In my personal opinion, I'm not impressed by the layout, but the spinning ride vehicles are very unique. The theming doesn't even matter for something like Fast and Furious. A simple queue and station are perfect for this type of IP.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the ride layout videos out there are just fan speculation, nothing official. USH has not directly released the layout, so I don't think anyone really knows what it is, let alone how and when the cars are going to spin.

So until something official is released, I'd take all the ride layout videos with a very large grain of salt.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all the ride layout videos out there are just fan speculation, nothing official. USH has not directly released the layout, so I don't think anyone really knows what it is, let alone how and when the cars are going to spin.

So until something official is released, I'd take all the ride layout videos with a very large grain of salt.

Yes--and no.

Amusement Insider is using what has been found from permits and geotechnical permits; I believe they are the closest in the terms of the core "ride" layout. But there is visuals that people can notice--especially with recent stuff like the footer images. Amusement Insider also has done similar with the likes of Starfall Racers.

Yes--and no.

Amusement Insider is using what has been found from permits and geotechnical permits; I believe they are the closest in the terms of the core "ride" layout. But there is visuals that people can notice--especially with recent stuff like the footer images. Amusement Insider also has done similar with the likes of Starfall Racers.
I just hope the ride is just a liiitle but faster than what the latest video is showing.

The real tragedy here is not bringing back the dancing cars on KUKA arms. :sob:

To all the haters who complain that this is going to be "boring" and "unthemed"....I kno of several people who are legitimately excited about this ride as USH is a "boring" park that needs something fast. This is going to be the most popular ride in the park, I'm telling you.
I haven't been to USH and while I'm aware there's a few unique things not in Orlando the two parks did look a bit too similar for a while from the outside (Hogwarts, Simpsons, Mummy, Transformers, Minion Mayhem). I'm glad they're stepping it up over the last several years and making the two parks feel different again. No idea when I'll be on that side of the country again but with this coaster USH will become must-do when in town. Something that provides a Veloci-level of thrills with a unique twist makes this park very interesting now.

Reactions: Nico and Jamesh22
To all the haters who complain that this is going to be "boring" and "unthemed"....I kno of several people who are legitimately excited about this ride as USH is a "boring" park that needs something fast. This is going to be the most popular ride in the park, I'm telling you.
This will definitely attract many teens and thrill seekers who define this park as boring.
I’ve seen many people criticize how most rides at USH are “fake” or heavily screen based. I know many people are excited and relived that a “real” ride is coming to the park instead of another simulator.

Basically what i’m trying to say is this coaster is most likely guaranteed to bring you a new audience into the park.

Last edited:
This will definitely attract many teens and thrill seekers who define this park as boring.
I’ve seen many people criticize how most rides at USH are “fake” or heavily screen based. I know many people are excited and relived that a “real” ride is coming to the park instead of another simulator.

Basically what i’m trying to say is this coaster is most likely guaranteed to bring you a new audience into the park.
Great post. Which is why to me Mario Kart is so boring. I will ride it when the park is not busy and the wait is below 15 minutes.

I live 4 miles away, go to citywalk for the movies all the time and work on the backlot a few days a month and am a HUGE theme park enthusiast. Yet I haven’t been to Universal Hollywood since 2018. Yet in the last year I’ve been to Sea World 5 times, DLR 6 times, Knotts 7 times and SFMM 5 times.

Yet in 2025 I’m getting a pass and im probably going to go into the park 8-12 times. Hyped for the coaster

I think a brand-new high-trill launch coaster replacing two aging stage shows is a massive W for USH. Even if the F&F franchise was dying, the coaster is still a game-changer for the park.
Yeah, the IP is definitely declining in popularity, but it's a new thrill coaster. It basically sells itself and the IP is like a little cherry on top. It helps that FF needs minimal themeing (especially in this context). This ride will easily be the most popular in the park.

Also, a Twister coaster would go hard.

Last edited:
Reactions: ParkExplorer9513