Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious Coaster Coming to USH

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Interestingly, 2025 seems to be Donkey Kong Country? Both The Wrap's article on SNW (who was writed by the one who posted of Universal Monsters in EU within the UC Exec departure article) and multiple instances from Jim Hill have seemingly pointed to 2025 being the year of Kong.
I personally don't see DK opening until 2026 at the earliest, even if they started construction like next week. It took them five years to build this and three years to build WWoHP. I just don't see them going warp speed on DK like that. Also Jim Hill has been wrong a lot of things.

But hey, if they can open DK at 2025, then great! USH will have two decent coasters in two years. I don't see the Mummy lasting long after DK.

I personally don't see DK opening until 2026 at the earliest, even if they started construction like next week. It took them five years to build this and three years to build WWoHP. I just don't see them going warp speed on DK like that. Also Jim Hill has been wrong a lot of things.

But hey, if they can open DK at 2025, then great! USH will have two decent coasters in two years. I don't see the Mummy lasting long after DK.

True--but why would a large industry group like The Wrap post that? They also specify that Universal has the land they want locked down, so it'd be a matter of simply tearing down and modifying the area around; to then have work go quick. Admittedly, the only area that could make sense for something like that is Soundstages 7 to 11, but that would presumably put this as a 2.5 year build. And it has happened before in similar time-frames; specifically Diagon being from January 2012 to July 2014.

Now there are elements like the material allocations that could be taken into account, especially due to F&F, but I do think it's possible (but it'd require them to be planning ahead and fast).

Interestingly, 2025 seems to be Donkey Kong Country? Both The Wrap's article on SNW (who was writed by the one who posted of Universal Monsters in EU within the UC Exec departure article) and multiple instances from Jim Hill have seemingly pointed to 2025 being the year of Kong.
Jim Hill is not to be trusted lol.

I bet the higher ups want DK exclusive in the US for Epic Universe.

2024, Japan. 2025, Orlando. 2026, Hollywood.

That sounds better to me. It’ll be a 2 year build at least.

So DKC is 2026?

That then raises why The Wrap seemed to want in mentioning that date. To get back to F&F then, I wonder how the plans may of been altered, if it'll have the Immelmann Swing Launch or not. Hoping it does, especially if it has the drifting aspect in place as early as there.
I have not been keeping up on this thread, but where would they put DKC if rumors are true and it is not going to be exclusive to EU? there appears to be no entry port to DK in USH's SNW. That said an option for DK at USH would be to demo mummy it could house a large land.

Mummy is going to be the odd coaster out. It’s intensity level should be that of a family coaster but the theme makes it a little bit too “scary” for it to be so. Mummy is a misplaced “family” coaster that’s a holdover of the half-baked GE era that’s ripe for expansion.

Reactions: alias8703
If the very last showing of Special Effects doesn't end tomorrow with the hosts going, "And for our last show, we have one last amazing practical effect to show you," only for a big wrecking ball to come smashing through the soundstage and sending everyone fleeing the crumbling building and past ads outside saying "Come back next year for Fast & Furious!", I'll be disappointed.

Mummy is going to be the odd coaster out. It’s intensity level should be that of a family coaster but the theme makes it a little bit too “scary” for it to be so. Mummy is a misplaced “family” coaster that’s a holdover of the half-baked GE era that’s ripe for expansion.
Pretty sure if Mummy is leveled you could build a decent sized mini land or land there. but then that whole portion of the lower lot with those soundstages are bound to be knocked down in the coming years for lower lot expansion.

Are shows really doing it? How many people go see the same show every visit vs ride the same rides?

I see WaterWorld every single time I go to USH (which is about once every 1-3 years).

Construction at USH moves so incredibly slow. I remember Super Silly Fun land took a very long time as well.