Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The number of people that visit both the Universal parks in Hollywood and Orlando is so small and insignificant that there's
no good business reason to restrict what you build to accommodate so few tourists.
Fair, but in this case there's no reason for it to be identical either. For something like a dark ride it's almost always going to be an identical build. I appreciate them doing something different.

The number of people that visit both the Universal parks in Hollywood and Orlando is so small and insignificant that there's
no good business reason to restrict what you build to accommodate so few tourists.
While this is true, if you did have a different VelociCoaster at USH, the GP is going to look up the ride and stumble across the Orlando version. When they either look up the Hollywood version or go on it, they would say"Wait, the one in Florida looks better. Why did Hollywood's get cut short?" or "Why is the Hollywood one different?"

While I wouldn't mind a JW coaster over here under a different name, I do think it's good they're making an "exclusive" coaster to USH.

I know FF movie makes bank but I feel like if we got a Jurassic Coaster that felt.....not as good as coasters from other Universal parks might get called out more by guests. Could be wrong but seems like thats why they added the rumor drift effect and lightening to make it feel unique.

I hear what y'all are saying, but USH having a much worse version of the mummy has not seemed to hurt its popularity.
It might also be an excuse here at USH to still have FF at the park and be able to use fall's lake and the tram area for more rides/land

I'd much prefer a Jurassic Coaster but if it means supercharge dies then its a fair trade

I hear what y'all are saying, but USH having a much worse version of the mummy has not seemed to hurt its popularity.
True, but that opened at a time and era where there was no YouTube. You couldn't look it up to see what the differences are so they could easily get away with that. They even used Orlando footage to promote Hollywood's and no one questioned it even after riding it. Even when people can just look up both versions, the Hollywood version is so ingrained into their minds of those that are familiar with it after so many years, they will just assume Florida's is the same if they are told about it. For example I talked with one of my friends who loves the Mummy at USH, and when I told him there's a version of Florida that's bigger and better with an uphill launch, it blew his mind that it's not the same. Why look up Florida's if you assume that it's the same as Hollywood's after all of those years of experiencing USH's?

Nowadays, I doubt they can get away with another Mummy situation where one version is clearly better than the other. If both versions of the Mummy had opened up today, people would look up Florida's version first because that would've been the one that opened first. They would go "WOW THAT'S SO COOL!" Then the Hollywood version would open and realize they've been duped.

True, but that opened at a time and era where there was no YouTube. You couldn't look it up to see what the differences are so they could easily get away with that. They even used Orlando footage to promote Hollywood's and no one questioned it even after riding it. Even when people can just look up both versions, the Hollywood version is so ingrained into their minds, they will just assume Florida's is the same if they are told about it.

Nowadays, I doubt they can get away with another Mummy situation where one version is clearly better than the other. If both versions of the Mummy had opened up today, people would look up Florida's version first because that would've been the one that opened first. They would go "WOW THAT'S SO COOL!" Then the Hollywood version would open and realize they've been duped.
It guess its different because its a land but SNW in Japan is much better then USH

I love we got it but one less ride, less room and they seem food wise have more unique offerings

I agree people online will complain but seems like most General guests just don't care. Look at even ToT back in the day at DCa compared to WDW it was fine but people loved it. Heck I see people online still talking about the stupid train ride in Bugsland and how great Bugsland was....so I feel like sadly we are the minority who cares but most people at this point will ride anything

on the flip side, I think the people who don't know any better and take things at face value are probably happier.
Ignorance is bliss

Its also why DCA 1.0 is a thing and why Disney can just phone it in at WDW right now, I mean look at the Mary Poppins ride, I have no idea how they ever thought that would be worth an kinda big announcement

Isn't there construction going on at Universal Plaza just to the left? How come I never see any pictures of that?
The plaza is pretty well hidden

unless they leave a door open on the construction walls you really can't see whats going on in the Plaza, without breaking the rules and holding your camera above the walls surrounding the area

I think the JW idea also kind of forgets how roller coasters physically work. Putting the load station on the lower lot and theming it to JW would completely change what they can do in terms of height and speed.