Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 53 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I mean I've from the start not been a fan of the IP

F&F is a dying IP and very limited in many ways. Not much merch to sell, ride wise it's not that interesting of a setting (I mean look at west coast racers.....at six Flags we already have this theme at other parks)

The ride will do well, no idea as well as many on here think because I think us fans and general public have different wants. We will see if this coaster packs people in, I think it will do well but the hype will die within a year and become on par with Mummy/Jurassic on wait times.

Which many will say thats not bad, but I think with the right theme and IP you could make a similar coaster and draw even more people in

I think we’re all more than aware how you feel about it at this point, hah.

Looks like Universal is finally straying away from their usual “nothing to see here even though we’re building a ride move along” approach. Glad they’re at least getting the obvious out of the way.

Of course they don’t throw us a bone or give us any pics or anything. It’s just “We’re building a coaster. That’s all.” At least it’s offical.

It’s a multi billion dollar IP, one that is well known all over the world, and one that will continue long after Vin Diesel bows out.

No doubt in my mind Universal is thinking well beyond America with the advertising plans( and it’s mostly Americans complaining)I can easily imagine how they will market this ride after it opens.

Yes, anecdotal evidence is the best measurement.
Luckily we have the App now and attendance numbers

So when this ride comes out we can judge it more fairly, If I'm wrong. I'll say it but have a feeling this ride will fade into just another ride quickly. As a coaster it looks fun enough but think the theme will not draw in many

Can't wait for two years of this
I said my peace, I've commented on here many times on the news and not been hating on it. But today I can point out reactions from people and how I think it shows the IP isn't as loved as many on here think

I mean I've from the start not been a fan of the IP

F&F is a dying IP and very limited in many ways. Not much merch to sell, ride wise it's not that interesting of a setting (I mean look at west coast racers.....at six Flags we already have this theme at other parks)

The ride will do well, no idea as well as many on here think because I think us fans and general public have different wants. We will see if this coaster packs people in, I think it will do well but the hype will die within a year and become on par with Mummy/Jurassic on wait times.

Which many will say thats not bad, but I think with the right theme and IP you could make a similar coaster and draw even more people in
Some people will never be happy

I said my peace, I've commented on here many times on the news and not been hating on it. But today I can point out reactions from people and how I think it shows the IP isn't as loved as many on here think
You can go on the internet and find supporting "evidence" for literally any topic you wish. It's a completely unfiltered mass of opinions and viewpoints. If you're intent on "proving" something, you don't have to look very far or try very hard. It doesn't mean you're right.

You can go on the internet and find supporting "evidence" for literally any topic you wish. It's a completely unfiltered mass of opinions and viewpoints. If you're intent on "proving" something, you don't have to look very far or try very hard. It doesn't mean you're right.
I can also point to the Movies box office and it's not going up but down.

I can also look at other announcements and see how you get WAY more engagement then this.

But won't matter the public will either come or not, we will have numbers and I will fully admit I'm wrong if this ride is always busy for years and draws in more guests then before. But my bet is this is just another ride added to the park, which with the switch of the IP to HTTYD, Potter, etc you would see wayyyyyyyy more people excited and show up.

I can also point to the Movies box office and it's not going up but down.

I can also look at other announcements and see how you get WAY more engagement then this.

But won't matter the public will either come or not, we will have numbers and I will fully admit I'm wrong if this ride is always busy for years and draws in more guests then before. But my bet is this is just another ride added to the park, which with the switch of the IP to HTTYD, Potter, etc you would see wayyyyyyyy more people excited and show up.
I'm not going to belabor this from here, but below is the first result when you Google "fast x box office." Now, I'm sure you can go and find a link that "proves" the box office is dwindling, which is exactly my point. You have a bias, and anyone with a bias can go on the internet and find something that "proves" that bias. Your opinions would be much more tolerable if you treated them as such, and not some sort of unassailable truth.

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 11.39.01 AM.png

the how to train your dragon franchise has, domestically anyway, made progressively less money with every release. only the first film in the series made more than fast 9. come on, man.

I mean... in the "list of highest-grossing media franchises", it's sitting between theme park darlings Mario and Pirates of the Caribbean (and ahead of the entire DCEU). Its popularity is fine, even if the most recent movie isn't the highest grossing of the franchise. It's a fast, thrilling, unique coaster with cars that go vroom. It's an easy win. The obsession over IP popularity is incredibly overblown on here time and time again.

People mainly rave about Velocicoaster as a coaster and not just about the IP, right? If it's still doing well because of that, I'm sure this'll be the same for USH, regardless of IP.

Though I'll admit, seeing the idea of something BTTF return to the park isn't a bad idea.

Anyways, cool to see them acknowledge what it's gonna be this early on.

People mainly rave about Velocicoaster as a coaster and not just about the IP, right? If it's still doing well because of that, I'm sure this'll be the same for USH, regardless of IP.
Precisely. I despise the Jurassic World franchise. I think it's straight up trash. But Velocicoaster slaps. It's a fast, thrilling coaster with dinosaurs. Again, easy win.