Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 90 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I love it when a park literally finishes the coaster then releases concept lol. Kings dominion's new coaster is gonna be virtually done before their announcement and seems like this one will be as well.

Reactions: KlownzNskullZ
I just don't get how this is projected to open in 2026.

Same, for most coasters it's the ground prep and all the footers which take the most time. Once the footers are set and ready, the supports and track go up pretty darn quick.

I suspect there will be a lot of time involved in testing. This would be the first controlled spinning coaster on the West Coast (well, not counting X2, as this is a totally different technology).

Plus, I also think there will need to be a lot of fine tuning in terms of sound barriers and walls due to the proximity of nearby housing.

I do remember they did some testing here already before construction started, but it'll be a whole 'nother ball game when this is finally up. I wouldn't be surprised if testing took 2-4 months or more before they felt confident enough to soft open it.

Massive is obviously going to be a relative term, but I am surprised how large that support appears to be. I imagined the coaster would mostly be a terrain coaster... being on a hillside, that would still offer plenty of opportunities for large level changes.

So I think the fact it's going so high, when it's already on a pretty high hill, is a bit surprising. In a good way, but still a surprise.