Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026) | Page 93 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast and Furious: Hollywood Drift coaster (Opening 2026)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
They can cycle that much in less than a days work. It seems to be moving fast but i think they are preparing themselves for if there is some land issues that may come up. like the integrity and making it stable and suitable.
Correct. But cycling without issues was the key point & there is no guarantee of perfect cycles. Eitherway, with this technical gimmicky coaster, it'll be endless cycles.

But this coaster would be much further along IF they worked past 5pm & on weekends.

Reactions: Jake S
But is there really a need to work past 5 and on weekends if this isn't opening for the next 15 or so month lol. Once all footings are poured, it becomes a matter of piecing together a steel puzzle. will be erected in no time.

But is there really a need to work past 5 and on weekends if this isn't opening for the next 15 or so month lol. Once all footings are poured, it becomes a matter of piecing together a steel puzzle. will be erected in no time.
I think the poster ment it would be done next year if they worked past 5

I guess USH is trying this Fan event in the hopes that that they can just do events to make up for slow parts of the year because I just doubt next year will be that busy with no new attractions coming out and even if they add the "rumored" Jurassic park to the tram will that draw people?
Kong is the last time I can remember the Tram opening something people flocked to but F&F and Nope Sets didn't really move the marker, nor did this years 60th event.
So to me is bold to just be like...yeah we have nothing for 2025 as the theme parks attendance cool down, nation wide.

I knew what he said, that's why I said what I said. It's no need to work 2 shifts and weekends if they aren't opening it for another year and a half. They already are installing track. There is no rush to meet a deadline when you are on schedule or even ahead at this point.

Reactions: Michael S and Clive
I knew what he said, that's why I said what I said. It's no need to work 2 shifts and weekends if they aren't opening it for another year and a half. They already are installing track. There is no rush to meet a deadline when you are on schedule or even ahead at this point.
You’re absolutely right. Also, I’m pretty sure that was in the promises for the neighbors, that they wouldn’t do construction after 5 or on weekends.

The original deadline WAS 2025, but things got "derailed" due to weather & foundation issues. And working 7 days a week WOULD actually make a difference, but they're also union contractors so it's whatever.

Also with the issues that arose, the postponement of F&F11 to 2026 gave them a reason to delay the opening to promote both film & coaster.

"See the all new Fast & Furious 11 exclusively in theatres, then visit Universal Studios Hollywood to experience the new high-octane thrill coaster "Fast & Furious: Hollywood Drift"! *insert whatever promo tagline is in use here*"

Reactions: Clive
the postponement of F&F11 to 2026 gave them a reason to delay the opening to promote both film & coaster.
If they are any queue videos setting up the plot of the ride, those would obviously be filmed alongside fast 11. That right there could have been one of the biggest factor for the delay to 2026.

If they are any queue videos setting up the plot of the ride, those would obviously be filmed alongside fast 11. That right there could have been one of the biggest factor for the delay to 2026.

Respectfully, no it wouldn't. Park management cares more about getting the ride up and running (and generating increased attendance) more than they do getting some of the stars to record some canned lines.

The 2026 date has to do with the complexity of the installation (including environmental factors discussed above), the newness of the coaster type/design, and limitations that come with proximity to neighbors (both in terms of when they can work and testing noise pollution).

Last edited:
The original deadline WAS 2025, but things got "derailed" due to weather & foundation issues. And working 7 days a week WOULD actually make a difference, but they're also union contractors so it's whatever.
I don’t think anyone has said that it WOULDN’T make a difference if they worked 7 days a week, but the crews are trying to not rile up the neighbors (who are probably already dreading this coaster) with construction noise at 8 am on a Saturday morning.

Working around the clock like that either means a crap ton of overtime and 6th/7th day pay for the crews (ballooning the budget), or having to do split shifts (to save on wages) which can create its own problems.

Also, not quite sure 100% what you mean with the union statement, but let’s be careful about digs at union contractors, their work and their pace (FWIW I am one lol).

This is also not an easy job. Not even just the prototype aspect of the attraction. Let’s not forget that they aren’t just plopping a coaster down on a flat piece of grass or asphalt. They have to work around so many things, and have to work safely. Do you know how hard and dangerous it is to work in that terrain, let alone drive a boom lift (or other heavy machinery) around a hilly, unpaved area? I do, and believe me, you gotta be slow and cautious if you wanna be able to drive home at the end of your shift, and not be carted away in an ambulance.

Also, not quite sure 100% what you mean with the union statement, but let’s be careful about digs at union contractors, their work and their pace (FWIW I am one lol).
There was no dig at the union, especially considering they are very useful in job security & whatnot.

As for the neighbors, I've said it before & continue to do so: they chose to live near a studio/theme park.

There was no dig at the union, especially considering they are very useful in job security & whatnot.

As for the neighbors, I've said it before & continue to do so: they chose to live near a studio/theme park.
Technically some may have chose it, some may have inherited property, but, regardless, we’re still getting a new outdoor thrill coaster that we never thought would be possible with neighbors and the studio (which needs quiet too) so close by. And the neighbors approved the project with the concession that construction noise, which is far more disruptive and annoying than a coaster passing by every thirty seconds, has a limit for days and times. That’s a fair trade off in my book, to get something like this built.