Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 139 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Last I heard that was what the final decision was. There was an option for "demo and replace everything" but that was not chosen.

I think at this stage, Universal can take the hit on a mediocre ride. If Nintendo wasn't coming plus whatever else is rumoured, I could see the option for starting again being implemented.

I think at this stage, Universal can take the hit on a mediocre ride. If Nintendo wasn't coming plus whatever else is rumoured, I could see the option for starting again being implemented.

It's also wise to keep in mind that F&F is an attraction that will be more akin as a 'Capacity-filler'. It's going to have high capacity and it's a way to get people to that side of the park without Diagon Alley. I am curious about the ride film and on certain story threads of the Hollywood attraction changing with new actors in the attraction, but I am just waiting at this point.

It's also wise to keep in mind that F&F is an attraction that will be more akin as a 'Capacity-filler'. It's going to have high capacity and it's a way to get people to that side of the park without Diagon Alley. I am curious about the ride film and on certain story threads of the Hollywood attraction changing with new actors in the attraction, but I am just waiting at this point.

I think that's fundamentally where most people's issue with the ride is. I think if it was any other IP, it would be more accepted.

What's interesting is that while Universal seems to be winding down their reliance on screens and going into a new direction with Nintendo, Disney is adapting a screens model for their new attractions. It's like Disney is now a step behind Universal, ride philosophy wise. I find that very telling.

At one point I understood that UC and UOR thought this would be another Potter level hit. Now with the guest satisfaction scores from Kong, VR, and out in USH I think they're adjusting their expectations and changing the attraction.

At one point I understood that UC and UOR thought this would be another Potter level hit. Now with the guest satisfaction scores from Kong, VR, and out in USH I think they're adjusting their expectations and changing the attraction.
So UC is finally taking screen complaints into account? Very good to hear. Even though my excitement for this ride is still completely nonexistent, I can at least live with it if we know some big changes are coming shortly afterward.

Reactions: tankart150
What's interesting is that while Universal seems to be winding down their reliance on screens and going into a new direction with Nintendo, Disney is adapting a screens model for their new attractions. It's like Disney is now a step behind Universal, ride philosophy wise. I find that very telling.
No, as Universal is just taking surveys into account, which suggest that it not wise to build a land full of screens. No one goes to Disney and complains about screens. Come up with all of the examples you want, but Disney doesn't have any rides like Universal and they don't have that problem either.

Both resorts are simply balancing their offerings.

No, as Universal is just taking surveys into account, which suggest that it not wise to build a land full of screens. No one goes to Disney and complains about screens. Come up with all of the examples you want, but Disney doesn't have any rides like Universal and they don't have that problem either.

Both resorts are simply evening out their offerings.
I agree with much of what you say, but I was talking about the future, not the past. And, it remains to be seen what the Disney fans reaction will be to all of their newest rides being screen oriented, "after" they open. (Note: Epcot already is mainly a screens park, though not much thrill involved in their attractions)

Reactions: Mike S

Both resorts are simply balancing their offerings.
But Epcot does have Epcot syndrome (a LOT of really long, slow, drags through mostly static vignettes. You can thank the phonecians)

I can get mad all I want that they're essentially rehashing a new screen-based Studio Tour attraction AGAIN for a non-retrofit that does not involve having to push forth over a hundred passengers in a tram at once. But then again, that's basically what USF has been doing since opening with Kong, Earthquake, and Jaws having been extended USH tram sequences. I just hope this ride vehicle makes all the difference.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
I can get mad all I want that they're essentially rehashing a new screen-based Studio Tour attraction AGAIN for a non-retrofit that does not involve having to push forth over a hundred passengers in a tram at once. But then again, that's basically what USF has been doing since opening with Kong, Earthquake, and Jaws having been extended USH tram sequences. I just hope this ride vehicle makes all the difference.
Earthquake was the tram portion added up like Kong is now. The original Jaws and Kong had a very small resemblance to Hollywood's.