Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 162 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
forgot to ask to fly over F&F but here's a view from above (and far away)

View attachment 4240

Nothing new to add, that hasn't already been said... but this picture (while very nice, appreciate all the aerial pics you've been sharing btw) really just drives home why this is such a disappointing project. Franchise with so many possibilities, huge showbuilding, and all it'll be is a slow screen based attraction. Just a shame.

Usually can't wait for a ride to be done in order for the chance to experience it, but here just want it done so they can move on.

And yet, everyone forgets about DC. ;)

I do think that Supercharged will be upgraded in the sense, to alleviate the screen dilemma. That said, I do believe a good amount of it will be damn near exact to what USH has.

This is the best thing I've seen all day!

Nothing new to add, that hasn't already been said... but this picture (while very nice, appreciate all the aerial pics you've been sharing btw) really just drives home why this is such a disappointing project. Franchise with so many possibilities, huge showbuilding, and all it'll be is a slow screen based attraction. Just a shame.

Totally with you on this. From the exterior, we should be getting such a grander experience than we (likely) are: reheated ideas and gags from attractions that already exist on the property (and elsewhere).

Reactions: JPRA513 and Mike S
Just saw Fate of the Furious so spoilers about movie and ride thoughts

So by the end of F8 - everyone is friends! The Shaw Bros are now cool with La Familia, which negates the plot of the ride from Hollywood. There has to be changes to this ride. It may still feature screenz but there is no way Universal doesn't change the plot to this.

So by the end of F8 - everyone is friends! The Shaw Bros are now cool with La Familia, which negates the plot of the ride from Hollywood. There has to be changes to this ride. It may still feature screenz but there is no way Universal doesn't change the plot to this.

In fairness, there's a precedent of not changing plots to accommodate evolving franchises. Shrek and Despicable Me lack elements from anything beyond their initial installments. The latter got built in Hollywood after Despicable Me 2 released... but they still reused the ride media.

Granted, it sounds like they're shooting new material to include Ludacris. If that's the case, yeah, there's no excuse. But I wouldn't be shocked if Owen Shaw remains our baddie.

In fairness, there's a precedent of not changing plots to accommodate evolving franchises. Shrek and Despicable Me lack elements from anything beyond their initial installments. The latter got built in Hollywood after Despicable Me 2 released... but they still reused the ride media.

Granted, it sounds like they're shooting new material to include Ludacris. If that's the case, yeah, there's no excuse. But I wouldn't be shocked if Owen Shaw remains our baddie.

At least with Shrek (at the time) they didn't own it, and were probably happy just to have a top IP of the time. Still, I think it gets a pass because it takes place at a specific time and doesn't alter any of the dynamic between the characters. With Fast, we're changing the interactions of the characters.

Also, just remembered a spin-off was announced so maybe spoilers aren't necessary?

But yea, since they are filming new scenes, and I'm sure they have some inside as to what was going to happen, there is no reason we shouldn't see a change of some aspects; especially since it seems we have a major baddie for a bit.

Maybe, but I have a feeling that whatever changes Universal is making will be mostly cosmetic. To borrow an old phrase, I think they're rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. If the ride ends up being anything other than a couple musion rooms followed by a 360 tunnel, I'll be shocked.

Reactions: Alicia
What do you think? Kinda reaching here, or something to it?

Yeah, more generic warehouse that could be anywhere

Personally, it looks close enough to be Oriental Warehouse, as the more I do look; the more it is rather similar to that building in terms of the shape.

It does signifiy, that they are going to be different. Now, how far they go; that's another question.

At least with Shrek (at the time) they didn't own it, and were probably happy just to have a top IP of the time. Still, I think it gets a pass because it takes place at a specific time and doesn't alter any of the dynamic between the characters. With Fast, we're changing the interactions of the characters.

Also, just remembered a spin-off was announced so maybe spoilers aren't necessary?

But yea, since they are filming new scenes, and I'm sure they have some inside as to what was going to happen, there is no reason we shouldn't see a change of some aspects; especially since it seems we have a major baddie for a bit.

Y'know, as someone that still hasn't seen it (if anyone tries to fight on me for that, bite it); perhaps they could go in the term of how while WWoHP is timeless*, it's main E-Tickets are set in two distinct time periods?

I think it's still possible that Luke Evans could still be the bad guy, but considering the odds; I think they may just go with Charlize Theron.

Does anybody know what the F&F building will look like. Are they painting a San Fran background on it, or are they having it look like a wear house. The color Bing painted on it looks very weird which is why I'm asking. I perfer the gray brick that it had before.

Does anybody know what the F&F building will look like. Are they painting a San Fran background on it, or are they having it look like a wear house. The color Bing painted on it looks very weird which is why I'm asking. I perfer the gray brick that it had before.

I would assume it'd be a warehouse as the main showbuilding, but there are other buildings popping into play. One being as we know, for the time being as I am going to say; Oriental, and then there is one that is in the bare metal structure. It would be wise to assume that the building that is bare metal right now, will be the main queue building that will help for the showbuilding.

I would assume it'd be a warehouse as the main showbuilding, but there are other buildings popping into play. One being as we know, for the time being as I am going to say; Oriental, and then there is one that is in the bare metal structure. It would be wise to assume that the building that is bare metal right now, will be the main queue building that will help for the showbuilding.
I'm thinking the structure in the front may end up looking like a garage, like an old auto mechanic shop. Just a guess. And the big building in the back an old warehouse.

Reactions: sonoma15