Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 211 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think the perspective of the rendering is from closer up to the building...Stuff that is behind the wall...We can't see that perspective yet

My thoughts anyway

Reactions: Alicia
UOR has at least 10 E/D Tickets coming in the next 5 years. They are in the exact opposite of a dire situation.

That's pretty much the crux of it. They really need to announce something. Not everything by any means, but something from that list.

I don't expect Universal to do a D23 dump through 2020/2021, but we really need a splash of concept art or two for the things people should actually be excited for. It's hard to buy into Universal's grand master plan when we are all hearing about it sketchily third hand.

Even Nintendo is just in the context of USJ! The only thing we have is a vague press blurb on a Potter attraction.

That's pretty much the crux of it. They really need to announce something. Not everything by any means, but something from that list.

I don't expect Universal to do a D23 dump through 2020/2021, but we really need a splash of concept art or two for the things people should actually be excited for. It's hard to buy into Universal's grand master plan when we are all hearing about it sketchily third hand.

Even Nintendo is just in the context of USJ! The only thing we have is a vague press blurb on a Potter attraction.
I completely agree. Technically, the only upcoming thing we know about with HARD INFO is... Fast & Furious Supercharged. Beyond that there's:
- Super Nintendo World, coming who-knows-when to who-knows-where. Literally the only official info is "it's coming." Even the concept art is all 100% in relation to Japan.
- Dragon Challenge replacement. Literally the only information we have is that it's a new coaster. No concept art, no title, no information of any kind. Not exactly much to get excited about yet.
- Terminator 2 replacement. All we know is that it's a new show based off a Universal IP. Again, literally nothing to get excited about.

Meanwhile, Disney pretty much announced their plans from now until 2021. We know there's Tron, new MK theater, Guardians, Ratatouille, Toy Story, Mickey, and Star Wars coming up, all of which have concept art, confirmed locations, etc. There's a lot of definitive information to get excited about. So yeah, Universal really should at LEAST give some actual information about SNW Orlando, new Potter coaster, T2 replacement, or even new projects like Pets or MoM. Because right now, there's a lot of closures, two unpopular attractions hitting in a row (Fallon then F&F), and on top of that, very little concrete information to get excited about.

Reactions: youhow2

I completely agree. Technically, the only upcoming thing we know about with HARD INFO is... Fast & Furious Supercharged. Beyond that there's:
- Super Nintendo World, coming who-knows-when to who-knows-where. Literally the only official info is "it's coming." Even the concept art is all 100% in relation to Japan.
- Dragon Challenge replacement. Literally the only information we have is that it's a new coaster. No concept art, no title, no information of any kind. Not exactly much to get excited about yet.
- Terminator 2 replacement. All we know is that it's a new show based off a Universal IP. Again, literally nothing to get excited about.

Meanwhile, Disney pretty much announced their plans from now until 2021. We know there's Tron, new MK theater, Guardians, Ratatouille, Toy Story, Mickey, and Star Wars coming up, all of which have concept art, confirmed locations, etc. There's a lot of definitive information to get excited about. So yeah, Universal really should at LEAST give some actual information about SNW Orlando, new Potter coaster, T2 replacement, or even new projects like Pets or MoM. Because right now, there's a lot of closures, two unpopular attractions hitting in a row (Fallon then F&F), and on top of that, very little concrete information to get excited about.

Perfect example of why you don't announce everything early. My family was looking at doing a big Disney trip next year. Whole family, probably 9 days. On site hotels. The works. Probably were going to do 2-3 days at Universal as well. Now that they've announced all of this stuff, including the Potter coaster for 2019, we have pretty much put off the trip until Christmas 2019 or maybe later depending on when things are opening. Because we know exactly what they are doing and when, we've moved a vacation, where, if they hadn't announced anything, we probably go next year, then again after the stuff we really want to see opens. So announcing early cost them a trip worth of revenue. And don't think this is anecdotal or an isolated incident. D23 probably cost Disney money over the next year as a lot of people are excited for the stuff coming and will wait for it.

There was a TV western many years ago "The Guns of Will Sonnet" with the legendary Walter Brennan. His character had a classic line every episode, "All Fact, No Brag". That seems to be Universal's philosophy on announcements. :) ... and fryoj point sums up why there's no need to hurry announcements. Heck, they still probably wouldn't have announced SNL if it wasn't for Nintendo jumping the gun.

Reactions: fryoj
There was a TV western many years ago "The Guns of Will Sonnet" with the legendary Walter Brennan. His character had a classic line every episode, "All Fact, No Brag". That seems to be Universal's philosophy on announcements. :) ... and fryoj point sums up why there's no need to hurry announcements. Heck, they still probably wouldn't have announced SNL if it wasn't for Nintendo jumping the gun.

This is a really backwards position we're in. Disney have announced a lot and Universal have announced very little. Universal obviously have plenty of great things lined up and build at a record pace.

I think to the average theme park fan, on the surface, it would look like Disney is the one who is heavily investing in it's future and Universal is doing nothing.

It's a funny old time just now. If I was a betting man, I'd put a lot of money on Universal announcing everything potter at the event in January.

Perfect example of why you don't announce everything early. My family was looking at doing a big Disney trip next year. Whole family, probably 9 days. On site hotels. The works. Probably were going to do 2-3 days at Universal as well. Now that they've announced all of this stuff, including the Potter coaster for 2019, we have pretty much put off the trip until Christmas 2019 or maybe later depending on when things are opening. Because we know exactly what they are doing and when, we've moved a vacation, where, if they hadn't announced anything, we probably go next year, then again after the stuff we really want to see opens. So announcing early cost them a trip worth of revenue. And don't think this is anecdotal or an isolated incident. D23 probably cost Disney money over the next year as a lot of people are excited for the stuff coming and will wait for it.

This was my exact thinking. I had planned to go to Orlando next year for my 30th but then decided to put it off until 2019 when more would be built (Mainly Star Wars). My wife wants to go to Vegas for her 30th in 2019 so that extends the trip back to 2020.

The new plan is Orlando in 2018 (There's a lot of new things we haven't seen yet. (Avatar, VB, TSL, F&F, Fallon and SeaWorld's new ride) and then convince my wife to also go to Anaheim in 2019 when we go to Vegas and get my Star Wars fix there. Hopefully it will also be less busy if it opens a few months earlier.

Universal got burnt with the Hogsmeade announcement. Killed a year or so of attendance. And, though Diagon Alley didn't cause much hurt since Transformers & new Springfield propped up attendance, they did have a soft spring in the couple of months before Diagon opened. No need to hurry announcements. A little announcement here & there goes a long way. It's like a good Stripper. A slow strip tease is more enticing than taking all the clothes off at once. :):thumbsup:

if your waiting till 2019 i would just wait till 2021 bc your gonna have 10 or more ride open compared to the 5-6.

I think over the next 5 years, there's always going to be a good reason to visit in a particular year. Hopefully people who visit will see what's coming and give them a good reason to return sooner than later.

Not the analogy I would’ve gone with, but an apt one nonetheless.

Speaking of odd analogys, I was going to describe Universal's recent offerings as a reverse orgasm a few days ago. They start off great with the queues and then slowly reduce to disappointment.

Beyond that there's:

Also a new night-time show, possibly a new parade, Volcano Bay additions, new hotels, CityWalk/resort restaurant additions, etc. Potentially SLOP or Ministry of Magic (both?). That’s a lot of things going on.

2 things:
1) Disney has historically announced very early. Look at Avatar. Bay Lake Tower was the anomaly.
Universal has historically announced very late, sometimes during construction. Nintendo was the anomaly.
2) This also likely exemplifies the state of limbo that universal is in. I’m having trouble believing a single rumor simply because they don’t even know how much land they’ll have for their master plan. It’s all in flux right now and I don’t believe, outside of minor things and Potter- things that wouldn’t change anything regardless of park 4- they aren’t deciding on.

Oddly enough- I’m opposite of @fryoj ans @scott_walker I’m activating my WDW season passes in December and going 3 more times throughout 2018. I have zero desire to be there when Star Wars opens and want to hit it late 2020 instead. For 2019 I’m doing several international trips with the family including TDL/TDS- so will get my fill that way instead.

Also a new night-time show, possibly a new parade, Volcano Bay additions, new hotels, CityWalk/resort restaurant additions, etc. Potentially SLOP or Ministry of Magic (both?). That’s a lot of things going on.
All of which are unannounced outside of adventura, a direct mention of VB expansion (that ended up not happening) and the new night time show.
That’s the original point- that they wish stuff would be announced by universal. Rumors die on the vine significantly more than they come to fruition.

2 things:
1) Disney has historically announced very early. Look at Avatar. Bay Lake Tower was the anomaly.
Universal has historically announced very late, sometimes during construction. Nintendo was the anomaly.
2) This also likely exemplifies the state of limbo that universal is in. I’m having trouble believing a single rumor simply because they don’t even know how much land they’ll have for their master plan. It’s all in flux right now and I don’t believe, outside of minor things and Potter- things that wouldn’t change anything regardless of park 4- they aren’t deciding on.

Oddly enough- I’m opposite of @fryoj ans @scott_walker I’m activating my WDW season passes in December and going 3 more times throughout 2018. I have zero desire to be there when Star Wars opens and want to hit it late 2020 instead. For 2019 I’m doing several international trips with the family including TDL/TDS- so will get my fill that way instead.

All of which are unannounced outside of adventura, a direct mention of VB expansion (that ended up not happening) and the new night time show.
That’s the original point- that they wish stuff would be announced by universal. Rumors die on the vine significantly more than they come to fruition.
Universal is not in a state of limbo right now. Just because they haven't told you what their plan is doesn't mean they don't have a plan. And that plan involves 30+ attractions over the next 10 years. 2018 is going to be the lame year in Orlando. Then things get interesting.

Universal is not in a state of limbo right now. Just because they haven't told you what their plan is doesn't mean they don't have a plan. And that plan involves 30+ attractions over the next 10 years. 2018 is going to be the lame year in Orlando. Then things get interesting.
:thumbsup:....

The calm before the storm.