Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah they said closing september 8...which is Tuesday. My question is does that mean it will be closed BY that day or closing at the end of that day? They didn't really specify.

They've always been saying September 7 will be the last day to ride Hulk so it's safe to assume it's the same for Disaster.

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
And that was probably part of Universal's deciding that it needed to go. They need those queues really filled or the park cannot absorb the thousands more they are trying to attract.
To be fair Disaster takes in a huge chunk of guests all at once. The wait time really depends on how long it is before the next show. I think they just post something somewhere in between if you walk up just after they close the doors or right before the next show starts.

^ Hmmm... how many people did the trams hold? I only rode it once or twice when it was Earthquake and found it to be just like Twister. All I remember was a junky show and build-up and then 30 seconds of big effects.

^ Hmmm... how many people did the trams hold? I only rode it once or twice when it was Earthquake and found it to be just like Twister. All I remember was a junky show and build-up and then 30 seconds of big effects.
Looking at some photos it looks like there are 12 rows per car. I believe each row holds 5-7 people and I think there are 4 cars. So 12x4x6=288. Also you description of Disaster and F&F sound very similar, this worries me.

bEeOGAr.jpg

DISASTER: A Major Motion Picture Ride ...Starring You closed at 8:30 PM EST on 9-7-15 for the last time to be replaced by Fast & Furious Supercharged to open in 2017.

(Thank God)

*insert Screen related comment here* :lol:

Good night Disaster. I actually enjoyed the attraction as Earthquake & then Disaster. But the final disaster scene was definitely on life support, far short of it's earlier grandeur. As a tourist it was a nice visit for one time per vacation. But it didn't have any repeat ride allure. I would think it became old real quick for the locals. An attraction that you can re ride multiple times and still love it, is a better fit for 21st century theme parks. I remember reading an interview with the great Disney imagineer Tony Baxter who he said it was important to design a ride for it's 20th ride, not it's first. That it would take that many times to notice & appreciate all the little nuances on the ride. So I'd rather have something like a Gringotts, which gets better every time you ride it, then a Disaster type attraction which was best the first time I rode it, but the amazement decreased greatly every additional ride. But Earthquake/Disaster did have it's time to shine, and now it's time to fade away.

The Disaster upgrade was a fantastic way for Universal to extend the shelf-life on this slightly dated attraction. It will be missed but looking forward to something "Fast," hopefully, in this spot. :pray:

280. I was on the last ride today. That room was packed. It was a very energetic crowd and got real emotional at the end.

Reactions: martymcflyy85