Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion | Page 381 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would totally be fine with riding by this.

godzilla-1998-poster-wallpaper-3.jpg
Good find. :thumbsup::lol:...so I guess I was on to something. ;)

They could have Godzilla's big toe in the space where Kong's head & torso are. That would solve the size issue. :lol:....Tourist reaction, "Wow, look at that toe. And the toenail looks absolutely frightening & dangerous too". At that point something 'terrible' goes wrong. Namely, hang nail develops.:bolt:

Hey, a hangnail is nothing to joke about. A tender toe when you're 400+ feet high is a painful experience. Especially when no one trusts you enough to help you out due to fear of the fact that you're a "monster". Monsters have to put with a lot of stereotyping.

I heard that this was supposed to be like RnRC at DHS, but the ride was announced after the deadly accident on Verrukt At Schlitterbahn Kansas City. Unfortunately, uneducated angry parents started mailing letters to the C.E.O., claiming ‘they don’t want their kids to get injured’, and it all went downhill from there.
Lesson learned: ignore backlash and do what works best for the park. Universal was/is NEVER mean’t for children anyway, so why bother to go that route.

I heard that this was supposed to be like RnRC at DHS, but the ride was announced after the deadly accident on Verrukt At Schlitterbahn Kansas City. Unfortunately, uneducated angry parents started mailing letters to the C.E.O., claiming ‘they don’t want their kids to get injured’, and it all went downhill from there.
Lesson learned: ignore backlash and do what works best for the park. Universal was/is NEVER mean’t for children anyway, so why bother to go that route.

Which parking attendant told you that story?

Universal was never meant for children? Lol. This post has to be a joke. I hope.
It's most certainly a joke. I'm pretty sure we got a detailed explanation of how and why Fast ended up the way it did via reliable insiders. A combination of corporate demands, budgets, and Universal Creative opting not to "plus" something that was already known internally to be dreadful. The "lipstick on the pig" went into the queue instead of spending lots of money to only slightly improve an impending dud.

That said, there are still all kinds of tiny adjustments they can make to this that would make it less embarrassing and it's been outlined before. Drop one of the two pre-shows entirely, adjust the timing in the alley sequence and keep us there a bit longer, trim the musion scene, add 3D back to the tunnel sequence as was originally intended, increase the intensity of the motion base, and make unload feel more like an ending party scene.

Last edited:
Reactions: WowFactor
It's most certainly a joke. I'm pretty sure we got a detailed explanation of how and why Fast ended up the way it did via reliable insiders. A combination of corporate demands, budgets, and Universal Creative opting not to "plus" something that was already known internally to be dreadful. The "lipstick on the pig" went into the queue instead of spending lots of money to only slightly improve an impending dud.

That said, there are still all kinds of tiny adjustments they can make to this that would make it less embarrassing and it's been outlined before. Drop one of the two pre-shows entirely, adjust the timing in the alley sequence and keep us there a bit longer, trim the musion scene, add 3D back to the tunnel sequence as was originally intended, increase the intensity of the motion base, and make unload feel more like an ending party scene.
Corporate needs to stay in touch more then. It took 2 years to build IOA, and 3 years to build this.

And quite honestly, the Universal we know and love wasn’t designed for little children in mind.

Corporate needs to stay in touch more then. It took 2 years to build IOA, and 3 years to build this.

And quite honestly, the Universal we know and love wasn’t designed for little children in mind.
Maybe designed for more mature skewed audiences than Disney Parks, but to completely ignore younger children would cut out a ton of families, and families spend money in the parks more than your average thrill seeker.

Not arguing your point because it's valid, but IOA took 7 years from concept to completion, I think construciton was more like 3-4 years right?

Reactions: tankart150
Rode it a couple days ago with bottom of the barrel expectations. It surpassed them.

For me, it’s not nearly as bad as everyone has made it out to be. The pre-show (2nd room) was actually pretty funny with Ludacris and the Live actor being extremely sarcastic with his acting. He’d basically say he was going to do whatever The Rock would tell ludacris to do, then Ludacris would say it also; negating everything the live actor just said. So by the end of it, the live actor said “why am I even here?” It was funny.

The live warehouse first scene and musion were really good, and even the 360 tunnel was solid. I’m fine with it all.

Only cringeworthy things were the Tyrese scene and also the lady in first preshow (“Doms” sister?) who said the word “Family” 6 times in 5 seconds.

But coming from someone who hasnt seen a second of F&F- it’s an okay attraction. Could it be better better as physical sets and a coaster? Ya- and it should have been. It’s more screen fatigue. But in a park where Simpsons is physical and Shrek is gone and replaced with physical- I could see it fitting in fine.

Kong is still by far the better of the two attractions in every single way.

Rode it a couple days ago with bottom of the barrel expectations. It surpassed them.

For me, it’s not nearly as bad as everyone has made it out to be. The pre-show (2nd room) was actually pretty funny with Ludacris and the Live actor being extremely sarcastic with his acting. He’d basically say he was going to do whatever The Rock would tell ludacris to do, then Ludacris would say it also; negating everything the live actor just said. So by the end of it, the live actor said “why am I even here?” It was funny.

The live warehouse first scene and musion were really good, and even the 360 tunnel was solid. I’m fine with it all.

Only cringeworthy things were the Tyrese scene and also the lady in first preshow (“Doms” sister?) who said the word “Family” 6 times in 5 seconds.

But coming from someone who hasnt seen a second of F&F- it’s an okay attraction. Could it be better better as physical sets and a coaster? Ya- and it should have been. It’s more screen fatigue. But in a park where Simpsons is physical and Shrek is gone and replaced with physical- I could see it fitting in fine.

And I do like that F&F has fog being sprayed on the guests, I love being blasted with fog and other 4D effects :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sounds like the Live actors are already making fun of the attraction. I had a feeling that would happen. Eventually it will become full of bad puns and sarcastic humor to try and hide the embarrassment the ride actually is.

Rode this for the first time this week. The whole project just seems like everyone decided to phone it in. From the actual actors to the live actors. I mean it looked like Ludacris and Vin would have rather been anywhere but there making this. Same goes for the live actors. This ride is nothing more than a people eater

Rode this for the first time this week. The whole project just seems like everyone decided to phone it in. From the actual actors to the live actors. I mean it looked like Ludacris and Vin would have rather been anywhere but there making this. Same goes for the live actors. This ride is nothing more than a people eater
it's not even a people eater anymore since they cut the number of trams they're running two weeks ago.

it's not even a people eater anymore since they cut the number of trams they're running two weeks ago.
They cut the number of trams at the turn of the month. Just like USF went from a 10PM close all of July to a 9PM close all (or most) of August. Universal makes changes based on crowd predictions. It was a busy July, August has been much less so.

The ride is still normally around a 20-30 minute wait max when they are using stand-by, the extra tram is clearly not needed.