Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The commonly played Minion Mayhem ads on the radio are now playing again, now with an additional spiel at the end to advertise Supercharged.
Heard them a few times. They really make it sound like a new ride opening...*sigh*.

Imagine Disneyland opening up a new Futuristic animation/diorama on the Disneyland Railroad, and advertising it as "UFO Encounters - The Ride". Customers arrive "Where is the new UFO Ride???" "Oh, it's a part of the Disneyland Railroad, you have to go on that."

-_-

Reactions: 12th Man
Night tour can already only run on certain nights: because it's only dark after certain hours it has to run nights where the park is open past sunset.
I have already said that DST does not allow for many nighttime tours to operate during the summer.  It gets dark after 8:30pm in June.  If the park were to close at 10pm, the last tour will still last an hour after that!  Yikes!

16443614729_c023461dd7_z.jpg

The windows of the F&F façade now look dirtier and broken. It seems that a fair bit of landscaping work is still going on for the perimeter of the show building.

I can't wait for F&F. I was wondering does anyone know how long kong took to finish after the show building was fully completed?

I'm not really sure about that particular bit of info, but if you're trying to plan ahead as to when this will begin to soft open, I'd concur with other members of the forums who predicted Spring Break. It would be highly logical for them to test out their new, shiny product when immense crowds are also visiting for Minion Mayhem, Springfield, etc.

Definitely. I suppose it blends in better with the show building than Kong's exotic rock formations do.

Can't wait to see the front of it!
I was going to say they could leave it as is since Kong's building does look like a giant warehouse, but it's good to see them take that extra step.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: William
I guess it worked to their advantage this time around.

They're really building hype up for this thing. I'm now hearing the radio ads nonstop everywhere I go, and my Studio Tour guide over the weekend even pointed out the show building as we drove past Falls Lake. I was mildly excited for this for quite awhile, but all of this marketing is getting pretty exciting!

I guess it worked to their advantage this time around.

They're really building hype up for this thing. I'm now hearing the radio ads nonstop everywhere I go, and my Studio Tour guide over the weekend even pointed out the show building as we drove past Falls Lake. I was mildly excited for this for quite awhile, but all of this marketing is getting pretty exciting!
Not just radio man. spotify has been going crazy too!

Reactions: William
Yeah, they're really starting to pump out the advertising, it's infuriating (THE RIDE!) yet so exciting at the same time! At least when William and I were on the tour, the tour guide did a good job of not saying it was a "ride" but an "all new ride finale on the tour", as it should be.

And yeah, Universal definitely got lucky this time around. The natural "warehouse" look of the show building definitely fits the themeing. I'm so pumped for this! Still hasn't hit me that it's opening soon.

Very curious to find out when softs will happen.

I'm not really sure about that particular bit of info, but if you're trying to plan ahead as to when this will begin to soft open, I'd concur with other members of the forums who predicted Spring Break. It would be highly logical for them to test out their new, shiny product when immense crowds are also visiting for Minion Mayhem, Springfield, etc.
That would be so awesome do the soft openings usually work or fail I heard King Kong failed a lot during its soft opening

Soft openings are all about trial and error, so it's only that F&F may have some hiccups here and there. I'd imagine that it won't experience as many issues since they may have learned more about the ride system back when Kong was in production, but since its rumored to integrate several types of effects and elements, we can't know for sure.

Once completed, the attraction will have to be run through thousands of times with tram loaded with sandbags to simulate guest weight. We have not yet begun this process. In addition, all of the drivers will need to be trained to drive the attraction as it involves several important timing elements that must be accurately executed. This is something on the scale never seen in ANY theme park and I guarantee it will be huge hit - even more so than the Summer Kong opened. FF has a much larger fan base than Kong ever had and especially internationally. When we open you're gonna want to run straight to the Tour this Summer! 

^"Timing elements"? I take it that you're implying that the screen will be working once the tram drives into the theater like how Transformers transitions to rack screen. THAT would certainly take a lit of training to match the screen up with the tram.

The speed driven between each section is very important, and the tram must stop almost exactly on mark so that the individual gimbals for each car can function properly. Stopping too far back can cause a time out, and too far forward automatically ends the show and opens the doors. If you've ridden the tram long enough you've probably seen it happen in Kong and EQ.

Reactions: Alexshow. and Aaron
Once completed, the attraction will have to be run through thousands of times with tram loaded with sandbags to simulate guest weight. We have not yet begun this process. In addition, all of the drivers will need to be trained to drive the attraction as it involves several important timing elements that must be accurately executed. This is something on the scale never seen in ANY theme park and I guarantee it will be huge hit - even more so than the Summer Kong opened. FF has a much larger fan base than Kong ever had and especially internationally. When we open you're gonna want to run straight to the Tour this Summer!
Thanks, you gave me goosebumps! Haha! I'm ridiculously excited for it. I'm just really crossing my fingers that the rumor that there are certain physical elements of some sort is true. I really wanna be blown away!!!