Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Fast & Furious: Supercharged/Nighttime Studio Tour

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know it hasn't been operational all the time, but I was just saying that it HAS worked since the opening, just not all the time obviously

I'd love to see the technology utilized in F&F for some of the props. I know it'll have some physical effects and props but I'm curious how extensive that will be.

The hidden door on the Kuka arm in Gringotts has had issues, but it HAS worked since opening.

Also, us having a Kuka door in F&F is totally a rumor and in my opinion unnecessary. If F&F will be truly 360 and the exit will have a projection on it as well, they can simply use a similar system to the screen doors they had in T23D. More practical.

Not EVERYTHING has to have the Kuka technology integrated.

With that said, in my dreams I'd love to see a physical helicopter on an inverted kuka arm go around the trams, ready to "attack".
If you look back at the photo, there didn't seem to be enough space for there to be able to let the Kuka arm do its work. I think the T2-style door effect seems more practical and realistic. Who knows, maybe they might have a helicopter effect in the ride (Yeah, I called it a ride ;) ). Judging by the diagram a few pages back, there seems to be a big enough space to be able to do it. The KUKA really has done wonders for cool new effects....even if they don't work properly.

Kuka arm doors on Gringotts are still having issues. When I was there in Feb. they rarely worked.
I guess the "hidden door" in Gringotts is now USF's equivalent to Indy's falling ice effect. Bummer. That leads me to another concern: could the practical cars in the ride suffer the same fate?

Nothing much in construction of F&F outside except one thing...theres some sort of Co2 or Propane tank on a end-side close to Curious Georges parking structure.

Edit: This comes from the individual on Twitter of @RyanThemepark

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's save Springfield and Hogsmeade talk for their respective threads.

I honestly believe that's a CO2 tank, and not for propane. Recent Universal attractions have not implemented any sort of fire effects, and it probably wouldn't be wise for them to emit fire in a room that's essentially covered in a wrap-around screen.

I agree but it will be nice to use fire but ... It will kinda kill the illusion of being in a 360 world since the light of the fire will be much stronger than the projections . and yeah we don't want another fire in the back lot now do we????

RyanThemeParks posted this on twitter:

CAF_O-uUwAEJOku.jpg

Clearer photo of the propane/ CO2 tank (?)  

Reactions: Alexshow.
So is that building attached to the main show building the control room? Does King Kong have a similar building?

MiceChat (Yes I know...) did an interview with John Murdy about the Studio Tour and I figured I'd post some interesting bits Murdy said about the upcoming Night Time Studio Tour.

“We’ve spent the last two years going through the 400 acre lot, theatrically lighting them . We’re creating all sorts of media to showcase the films that were shot here at night, we’re doing original film production to bring these sets to life, new character interactions where the stars come out at night. It’s a lot more than just lighting. It’s going to be a whole new studio tour.”

​Apparently some changes will come to Jaws as well:

“I think Jaws is a great example. Jaws is a hundred times more intense at night. You know, when Spielberg shot the movie, the shark didn’t work. So he was forced to take a Hitchcockian approach to it, not even showing the shark until 45 minutes into the picture. At night we are going for the same suspense. “John continues, “We are trying to light Jaws for key scenes that were in the movie. Like when Richard Dreyfus finds Ben Gardner’s boat, and goes under the water, and it’s all murky, we are trying to get that feel. It’s really cool! I really think that this is going to be something that people will want to come and see over and over again.”

Here is a link to the rest of the article: http://micechat.com/96904-universal-studios-hollywood-prepares-celebrate-50-years-tours/

That was a great interview. Pity that IU couldn't host the interview, but it was still great. I'm very excited about the changes coming to the tour, it's always been the heart and soul of the park for me. I hope the overarching storyline of F&F that will be mentioned throughout the tour leading up to the finale won't be cheesy haha.

Reactions: b4ben24
Looking forward to the Nighttime Tour. Sounds like that and F&F will breathe new life into the tour.

Oh, and its a Co2 tank for sure. Like stated, I don't see fire effects getting involved. Also, if it was a propane tank, wouldn't it say, "Strickland Propane" across the tank?

Reactions: Alexshow.
The attraction is opening June 25th. Look on yahoo.com/ movies for the new behind the scenes look.

First Look at Fast & Furious: Supercharged

Reactions: Red Carpet