Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Favorite Haunted Houses by Location

Been to 14 and 15, then 19 on. Have done all the houses multiple times from 22 on so there may be some omissions from before then. In order for as many notables ones that I really liked.

Disaster: Giggles & Gore, Zombiegeddon
Jaws: Saws and Steam, Orphanage
MIB Tent: Blumhose 27, House of 1,000 Corpses
Parade B79: Graveyard Games, Halloween: Hell Comes To Haddonfield, house of horrors, hallowed past, silver screams
Parade B108: Universal Classic Monsters, SoX
Shrek: H4, Klowns, Krampus, Alice
Sprung Tent 1: Scarecrow: The Reaping, Dead Exposure, Tomb, Dollhouse, Catacombs, Nightengales
Sprung Tent 2: Halloween, Insidious, slaughter Sinema, Depths
Soundstage 20: Gothic, Legendary Truth
Soundstage 21: Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem, Cabin in the Woods
Soundstage 22: AWIL 23, Winters Night, Exorcist, Stranger Things, Shining
Soundstage 23A: Frankenstein
Soundstage 23B: Nightnegales,
Soundstage 24A: Freddy vs Jason, Ghost Town, Yeti
Soundstage 24B: Body Collectors: Recollections, Dead Waters, Scarytales, Walking Dead 26
Soundstage 25: Poltergeist

Piggybacking off of my original idea, I thought I'd pick my optimal house lineup for a fictional best-of HHN event (featuring 100% replicas of houses that I've experienced.) Using only 10 of the unique locations the originals appeared in, here's what my best-of HHN would look like:

1. Body Collectors: Collections of the Past (originally appeared at HHN 18) - Soundstage 20
  2. Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem (originally appeared at HHN 25) - Soundstage 21
  3. An American Werewolf in London (originally appeared at HHN 23) - Soundstage 22
  4. Castle Vampyr (originally appeared at HHN 14) - Soundstage 23A
  5. A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers (originally appeared at HHN 17) - Soundstage 23B
  6. Poltergeist (originally appeared at HHN 28) - Soundstage 25
  7. Friday the 13th: Camp Blood (originally appeared at HHN 17) - JAWS overflow queue
  8. Halloween (originally appeared at HHN 24) - Sprung Tent 2
  9. The Thing: Assimilation (originally appeared at HHN 17) - Sprung Tent 1
  10. Scary Tales 3: Once Upon a Nightmare (originally appeared at HHN 18) - Original Parade Building B79

I realize the queue setup and flow for the sound stage houses would be a nightmare, but c'est la vie. I don't think I'd ever want to leave the park if this was an actual house lineup. :)

Honorable mentions that just missed the cut: Dracula: Legacy of Blood (HHN 19 / SS23B); Dead Exposure (HHN 18 / Sprung Tent 2); Universal Classic Monsters (HHN 29 / New Parade B108S);

Piggybacking off of my original idea, I thought I'd pick my optimal house lineup for a fictional best-of HHN event (featuring 100% replicas of houses that I've experienced.) Using only 10 of the unique locations the originals appeared in, here's what my best-of HHN would look like:

1. Body Collectors: Collections of the Past (originally appeared at HHN 18) - Soundstage 20
  2. Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem (originally appeared at HHN 25) - Soundstage 21
  3. An American Werewolf in London (originally appeared at HHN 23) - Soundstage 22
  4. Castle Vampyr (originally appeared at HHN 14) - Soundstage 23A
  5. A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers (originally appeared at HHN 17) - Soundstage 23B
  6. Poltergeist (originally appeared at HHN 28) - Soundstage 25
  7. Friday the 13th: Camp Blood (originally appeared at HHN 17) - JAWS overflow queue
  8. Halloween (originally appeared at HHN 24) - Sprung Tent 2
  9. The Thing: Assimilation (originally appeared at HHN 17) - Sprung Tent 1
  10. Scary Tales 3: Once Upon a Nightmare (originally appeared at HHN 18) - Original Parade Building B79

I realize the queue setup and flow for the sound stage houses would be a nightmare, but c'est la vie. I don't think I'd ever want to leave the park if this was an actual house lineup. :)

Honorable mentions that just missed the cut: Dracula: Legacy of Blood (HHN 19 / SS23B); Dead Exposure (HHN 18 / Sprung Tent 2); Universal Classic Monsters (HHN 29 / New Parade B108S);

Wouldn’t Dreamwalkers be with BC2 and not CV? I know it was in 23 but CV got the whole soundstage.

Can we just have this lineup year-round and call it even? I’d take it.

Anyways. Will update as I’m able to think about it. Going by the venues generally used for houses now. Potentially unpopular opinions ahead...

Sprung 1–Nightingales: Blood Pit

Parade building 79–Scary Tales: Once Upon A Nightmare

Parade building 108–Seeds of Extinction

MIB tent—Horrors of Blumhouse v1

Shrek—Killer Klowns From Outer Space

Side note, I really wish there was a “dream house lineup” thread. Too similar to the wishlist thread, but not similar enough for that specific topic to appear there...:/

Last edited:
Been attending since 25:

Soundstage 19 - The Repository (26)
Soundstage 21 - Jack Presents 25 Years of Monsters & Mayhem (25)
Soundstage 22 - The Shining (27)
Soundstage 23 - Hellblock Horror (31)
Soundstage 24 - Icons: Captured (30)
Soundstage 25 - Poltergeist (28)
Disaster Queue - RUN: Blood, Sweat and Fears (25)
Fast & Furious: Supercharged Queue - The Horrors of Blumhouse (31)
MIB Tent - House of 1000 Corpses (29)
Sprung Tent 1 - Descendants of Destruction (31)
Sprung Tent 2 - Slaughter Sinema (28)
Parade Building - Monsters: Legends Collide (31)
New Parade Building - Seeds of Extinction (28)
Shrek 4D Theater 2 - Asylum in Wonderland (25, first house ever!)

Last edited:
Been attending every year since 2004, but as I was only 12 at the time, most of my memories is from the more recent years. Therefore here is my list.

Sprung Tent 1 - Puppet Theater : Captive Audience (30)

Sprung Tent 2 - Halloween (24)

Soundstage 22 - An American Werewolf in London (23)

New Parade B108 - The Haunting of Hill House (30)

Original Parade B79 - Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddonfield (26)

Disaster overflow queue - Run: Hostile Territory (16)

Soundstage 24A - AVP: Alien Vs. Predator (24)

Soundstage 24B - Us (29)

JAWS overflow queue - Friday the 13th: Camp Blood (17)

Soundstage 23A - ScreamHouse: Resurrection (16)

Soundstage 23B - A Nightmare on Elm Street: Dreamwalkers (17)

Soundstage 20 (A+B) - Gothic (22)

Shrek B40 - Case Files Unearthed : Legendary Truth (30)

Tent 3 (MIB) - House of 1000 Corpses (29)

Soundstage 21 - The Cabin in the Woods (23)

Soundstage 25 - Poltergeist (28)

ST1- Scarecrow: The Reaping
ST2- Wicked Growth: Realm of the Pumpkin
SS22- American Werewolf in London
Original PB B79- Graveyard Games
PB108- Seeds of Extinction
Disaster Overflow- ???
SS24A- Yeti: Terror of the Yukon
SS24B- Body Collectors: Recollections
Shrek B40- Krampus
Tent 3 MIB- House of a 1000 Corpuses
SS21- Cabin in the Woods
SS25- Poltergeist

Just for reference, I have attended 16-19, then due to life circumstances couldn’t attend 20-24, but have been going since 25-present now. So without further ado:
  • Disaster! Queue – The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: Flesh Wounds (17), Run: Hostile Territory (16)
  • Jaws Queue – Friday the 13th: Camp Blood (17)
  • MIB Tent – The Horrors of Blumhouse (27), House of 1000 Corpses (29)
  • Old Parade Building – Halloween: Hell Comes to Haddonfield (26), Trick ‘r Treat (28)
  • New Parade Building – Seeds of Extinction (28), The Haunting of Hill House (30)
  • Soundstage 20 – Body Collectors: Collections of the Past (18), Interstellar Terror (18)
  • Soundstage 21 – Monsters & Mayhem (25), American Horror Story (27)
  • Soundstage 22 – Dead Silence (17), An American Werewolf in London (25)
  • Soundstage 23A – Psychoscareapy: Home for the Holidays (17), Scream House: Resurrection (16)
  • Soundstage 23B – A Nightmare On Elm Street: Dreamwalkers (17), All Nite Die-In: Take 2 (16)
  • Soundstage 24A – Freddy Vs Jason (25), Carnival Graveyard: Rust in Pieces (28), Yeti: Terror of the Yukon (29)
  • Soundstage 24B – Body Collectors: Recollections (25), Dead Waters (27), Scary Tales: Deadly Ever After (28)
  • Soundstage 25 – Poltergeist (28)
  • Soundstage 40D – Asylum in Wonderland 3D (25), Killer Klowns From Outer Space (29)
  • Sprung Tent 1 – The Thing: Assimilation (17), Dead Exposure: Patient Zero (28), Tomb of the Ancients (26)
  • Sprung Tent 2 – Dead Exposure (18), The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (26), Hive (27)