Florida Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Florida Theme Parks & Shopping Districts Reopening General Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Disney made last minute changes to park hours this weekend. I have several CM friends complaining about sudden changes in shifts with earlier start times and later end times. MK hours got expanded 8 AM-8 PM today and tomorrow due to the crowds (I think they were 9-7 yesterday).
According to Touring Plans 'observed' covid safety era adjusted line times , Epcot was very busy on Saturday. MK had longer lines than what they've normally been experiencing......and at 10:30 AM Sunday both IOA and USF have long line attraction times even though it's early.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeventyOne
That didn't take long:

I'm guessing all the parks have started having issues. Maybe it's people getting tired of COVID related precautions, maybe it was the governor's lifting of rules, maybe it's just certain groups who are in Orlando right now causing problems at all the parks (who may also be from a hotspot):

While new cases have dropped this is an argument over a lack of evidence. We don't have the tracing structure build to track outbreaks, so we don't know if there have or have not been any spreader events. "Lack of evidence is not evidence of absence."

Honestly, as long as you eat outdoors while at the parks they are probably one of the safer places you can go right now. Especially when mask requirements are being upheld.

It really is indoor spaces that are the most risky places.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Makes me laugh. Some of the people that have been the biggest critics of the parks reopening and trying to get enough customers to stay profitable, are the first to fly to Florida to see a couple of daytime horror houses in those supposedly unsafe theme parks. If the parks and crowds are unsafe, just stay home. No one is forcing them to go.

Last edited:
Makes me laugh. Some of the people that have been the biggest critics of the parks reopening and trying to get enough customers to stay profitable, are the first to fly to Florida to see a couple of daytime horror houses in those supposedly unsafe theme parks. If the parks and crowds are unsafe, just stay home. No one is forcing them to go.

Mmm, I'm not so sure about that. I don't know any person who's called for the parks to stay closed only to end up going to them. Speaking personally, I didn't mind visiting Disney, Universal, and Legoland this summer while having to wear masks all day. But now that weekday (and especially weekend) crowds are rising and the tantalizing appeal of short wait times is gone, it's probably gonna be a while before I visit another park again...

Reactions: ThemeParks4Life
Mmm, I'm not so sure about that. I don't know any person who's called for the parks to stay closed only to end up going to them. Speaking personally, I didn't mind visiting Disney, Universal, and Legoland this summer while having to wear masks all day. But now that weekday (and especially weekend) crowds are rising and the tantalizing appeal of short wait times is gone, it's probably gonna be a while before I visit another park again...

IIRC, Nick (not picking on you or singling you out) thought the parks opened too soon, but ended up visiting the parks on several occasions. It's understandable given the fluid situation that one's stance on things may change from week to week or month to month. If I lived in FL, I'd visit the parks on slower days, but I won't fly my family there right now.

• Haha
Reactions: devinp267
I'm just happy the parks are crowded and DeSantis said we are "Not" Closing again :grin:. In spite of the masks, things feel normal again.

Honestly, as long as you eat outdoors while at the parks they are probably one of the safer places you can go right now. Especially when mask requirements are being upheld.

It really is indoor spaces that are the most risky places.
I know hundreds of theme park employees who've gotten covid at work. Whole attractions at some points have had to operate with back up crews. Opening the theme parks has gotten people sick who otherwise would not if they we're at home. As time goes on people get desensitized to the pandemic. You can't go 20 ft without seeing a guest with their mask down or below their nose at the parks. It's created a huge danger for cast members who have to be around these guests all day.

That didn't take long:

I'm guessing all the parks have started having issues. Maybe it's people getting tired of COVID related precautions, maybe it was the governor's lifting of rules, maybe it's just certain groups who are in Orlando right now causing problems at all the parks (who may also be from a hotspot):

It is well past time for this.

Reactions: Journey_On
I know hundreds of theme park employees who've gotten covid at work. Whole attractions at some points have had to operate with back up crews. Opening the theme parks has gotten people sick who otherwise would not if they we're at home. As time goes on people get desensitized to the pandemic. You can't go 20 ft without seeing a guest with their mask down or below their nose at the parks. It's created a huge danger for cast members who have to be around these guests all day.
I know a lot of people across all the parks here in Orlando. I haven't heard of "hundreds" being infected at work. I've heard of many isolated clusters where people who work together AND live together, and the whole house has had to quarantine because one person in the house went to a party or a bar and was exposed. The parks have really done a good job minimizing the chance of exposure for TM/CM/Ambassadors as long as they are following protocols and using PPE properly.

I'm just happy the parks are crowded and DeSantis said we are "Not" Closing again :grin:. In spite of the masks, things feel normal again.
Just because it “feels” normal, doesn’t mean it is normal. Florida is still getting over 2,000 new cases a day, which is only going to get worse as more stuff opens up.

Just because it “feels” normal, doesn’t mean it is normal. Florida is still getting over 2,000 new cases a day, which is only going to get worse as more stuff opens up.

I see it more and more each day, this morning a woman and man walk into Walmart, man has gater on woman has mask in hand. Three employees call out to her, she looks around and continues walking into the store. They stopped the security guards a week ago with the order so no one to enforce store policy. I would not expect the employees to do more than they did.
The message sent was "it is over". It is NOT over and won't be for a year or more. Settle in, get used to it and we can all take off our masks sooner rather than later.

Yes covid is still out there but oh well what are you gonna do. Wearing masks the last 7 months has definitely normalized them to a lot of people now including myself I don't even think about it anymore so thats why I said what I said. People like myself wear masks to remain safe but are not about to let numbers rule our lives. It's time to move on and remain safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.