Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec) | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

Forbidden Journey Refurbishment (Update: Early Dec)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they'll also install the fans to help alleviate motion sickness? I know this was something that was mentioned at one point.

During the first years of the ride I used to get mild motion sickness. After the changes of the past couple of years, I no longer get any kind of a queasy feeling when riding FJ.

Reactions: awhen
I still just wish the queue was pulsed starting with the corridor. Less time spent holding up the line, more time spent walking around the room and paying attention to the intricacies. And you can stay in the room if you want to, let other people pass through. That would help the selfie issue.

During the first years of the ride I used to get mild motion sickness. After the changes of the past couple of years, I no longer get any kind of a queasy feeling when riding FJ.

And I am just the opposite, unless I keep staring right at the center of the screens I do get queasy, when it first opened I didn't.

I don't think I'd put much into this refurb TBH. 3D isn't coming and its not long enough for any major changes. To me I'm thinking this is a refurb to fix something that needs to be addressed. I think it will be things even we the fans barely notice. Something like interior facades or thematic elements that could be damaged or worn from 6 years of prolonged activity. Heck it could be something as simple as replacing a utility element such as a water pipe or HVAC system that may need extended downtime to fix, who knows.

Reactions: Mike S
I could definitely see them reworking the queues - but apparently even the lockers overhaul isn't on the books per rumors.

As for the ride itself, it's covered in vomit. They could spend a month pressure washing every inch of the ride path and it still would have dried up pools of puke in some hidden places.

The TMs don't wear their shoes home because of just how often the building is puked in, nevermind the ride path itself.

And it'd be one thing if someone threw up and they went in and cleaned it up - problem is that unless they know exactly where and it's obvious there's not any sort of regular puke patrol. You'd be surprised at how often people will puke all over the place and then just walk away.

So scrubbing puke off set pieces could be a goal of this short closure.

As for the other show pieces - things that don't work are on the programming end, not the physical end when it comes to issues. The womping willow physically works fine - was just the other day - but it drops data and when that happens the failsafes shut it down.

I'm sure there's some technical bits that aren't obvious, heck maybe they'll fix the elevator to the wheelchair loading area that breaks down constantly, but I really hope this downtime fixes some of the guest facing issues that makes the castle a less awesome experience than it can be.

I could definitely see them reworking the queues - but apparently even the lockers overhaul isn't on the books per rumors.

As for the ride itself, it's covered in vomit. They could spend a month pressure washing every inch of the ride path and it still would have dried up pools of puke in some hidden places.

The TMs don't wear their shoes home because of just how often the building is puked in, nevermind the ride path itself.

And it'd be one thing if someone threw up and they went in and cleaned it up - problem is that unless they know exactly where and it's obvious there's not any sort of regular puke patrol. You'd be surprised at how often people will puke all over the place and then just walk away.

So scrubbing puke off set pieces could be a goal of this short closure.

As for the other show pieces - things that don't work are on the programming end, not the physical end when it comes to issues. The womping willow physically works fine - was just the other day - but it drops data and when that happens the failsafes shut it down.

I'm sure there's some technical bits that aren't obvious, heck maybe they'll fix the elevator to the wheelchair loading area that breaks down constantly, but I really hope this downtime fixes some of the guest facing issues that makes the castle a less awesome experience than it can be.

Nice.

Something that would be easy to do in this window is the addition of Express to the ride. I remember there was talk of that happening awhile back when they closed the path for the Castle Tours.

Last edited:
Something that would be easy to do in this window is the addition of Express to the ride. I remember there was talk of that happening awhile back when they stopped closed the path for the Castle Tours.
For me, though, personally, unless the line was 35 minutes plus, I'd still go through the FJ queue since that experience is as good as the ride. I love a great queue. Generally I have hotel Express, but I still forego it sometimes if the Stand By line is not long, and the attraction has a great queue, like Revenge of the Mummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.