Frozen Ever After | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Spirit at WDW Magic is saying Frozen will replace Maelstrom. He quotes and & names a WDW Imagineer as one of his two sources.

Replacing a ride that even this weekend got waits of up to 45 minutes really makes no sense to me considering how.. many.. dead.. spaces you can find all over the parks but alas. Velkomen to Norway.

Replacing a ride that even this weekend got waits of up to 45 minutes really makes no sense to me considering how.. many.. dead.. spaces you can find all over the parks but alas. Velkomen to Norway.

It's going to be a mess. The Norway pavilion can't handle the crowds Frozen can attract. And the ride is short and the queue has limited capacity. With the right time and money, this could work. But since the man behind Gran Fiesta Tour is running the show, and time is limited, things aren't starting off on the best foot.

I don't agree with Frozen replacing Maelstrom when DHS is in such need for new attractions, but the only reason Maelstrom gets the wait times it does is because it's in a park with so few rides. I mean, Maelstrom isn't even a good ride.

Agree with all of you, this upsets me greatly. Frozen deserves a fricken LAND not ride in Norway with little capacity and theming issues. You all know they will want to expand, so why put it in a corner where if they take anything else down it would upset the country that payed for it? This is a stupid mess and I REALLY hope something is changed or fixed because it really doesn't make sense

I believe part of the reason for the long waits is more the dead spaces than how good Maelstrom is. I personally love it and Epcot is my favorite Disney park. With only 3-4 rides that aren't super slow and educational in the park, as well as being the only one most people know about back there it is bound to post higher waits than it should. Same problem that HS and AK suffer from, especially if you do those after MK.

Unless they completely gut the building, this is a bad idea.

If they use the same "track" and just "re-purpose" it too Frozen then it's a REALLY bad idea.

If they use the same "track" and just "re-purpose" it too Frozen then it's a REALLY bad idea.

I'm expecting the ladder, man it sucks seeing maelstrom go, it's inspired a ton of my scripts. I have to go on a trip just for it when details are announced

People think Maelstrom is a water ride, and in the hot summer sun, they'll wait for anything that gets them wet.

But then they get off and realize it was not worth the 45 minute wait. I for one welcome Frozen.

I'm glad I'll be able to ride Maelstrom again right before they ruin it. This will stand no match against Kong next year.

I'm predicting kong will come out before frozen but if they came out the same time....yeah I think frozen would destroy kong no matter how crappy the ride is

I don't agree with Frozen replacing Maelstrom when DHS is in such need for new attractions, but the only reason Maelstrom gets the wait times it does is because it's in a park with so few rides. I mean, Maelstrom isn't even a good ride.

Yeah, the fact that they're touching a 26 year old mediocre ride isn't the problem. Something should be done with Maelstrom, but not just for the sake of doing it.

I'd tell you to look at the post by Spirit...but that'll just make you more sad. It's going to be a Frozen Fiesta Tour.

People think Maelstrom is a water ride, and in the hot summer sun, they'll wait for anything that gets them wet.

But then they get off and realize it was not worth the 45 minute wait. I for one welcome Frozen.

I for one want an attraction that stays true to EPCOT's legacy and purpose, not for WS to become Fantasyland: EPCOT

And apparently the rumor that the Avatar boat ride got cut could be true as well.

I just gave them $1000 this weekend. :lol: Where is my and everyone else's money going?? This is what frustrates me about Disney and not Universal. At Universal, I see my investment so I keep giving them dollars year after year. No problem. At Disney, I basically shell out money for the same ol', same ol'.