Frozen Ever After | Page 85 | Inside Universal Forums

Frozen Ever After

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly - with 900 guests an hour the ride is running right where Toy Story Mania was at Studios before the third track opened.

So it won't be impossible to ride. But Epcot has always had significantly more guests than Studios on a given day.

Comparing this to Toy Story Mania in term of capacity is scary. I think with TSM there was a "wait and see" mentality when it came to capacity. If the wait times slowly died down, they could leave it at two track but the option for a third was always there. TSM never died down and this one won't either because it is one of a few family dark rides in the park and Epcot is always busier than HS. The issue here is, they can't add another track. They can't do anything. They are stuck at 900 guests an hour forever. Just wait until Frozen 2 hits theaters. I expect to see this hit 300+ minutes again quite often. It either needs to become the first FP+ only attraction and off the tier system so they can manage times or they need to drop FP+ on the ride and make it standby only. Having both a standby and a FP+ is just causing a ton of problems. Not to mention the fact that it keeps breaking which is KILLING the capacity. Going to be a bumpy summer for Epcot :(

Reactions: Mad Dog
Yeah we always knew this would be a capacity nightmare. That is nothing new. The breakdowns will get better, look at how gringotts opened vs. now. But Epcot actually has a lot of family dark rides. There is spaceship earth, nemo, mexico, and imagination. The issue with DHS and toy Story was that they had the great movie ride which is not that family friendly and well that was it for family dark rides. Which is why the waits for toy Story never went down. If toy Story was built in magic kingdom the waits would have been much lower over time.

If the rumors come true and they add more to Epcot I think the waits will eventually get better and be around the 40 to 50 minute mark. Which is honestly not that bad. But they need some more new things in Epcot after this to get the waits down. Just because the other stuff is so much older.

I really think they needed to soft open this. At this point they should just shut it down and wait to work the bugs out. Who's bright idea was it to create a "hard" opening date in the first place? Probably the same genius that thought building a state of the art AA attraction on a two decade old ride system was a great idea too.
The ride hasn't been and still isn't ready. They didn't have any time for a soft opening as they were rushing just to get it show ready enough for June 21. They weren't going to miss another opening.

As the weeks go by, the ride should become more reliable, hopefully. I mean, technically it's grand opened, but we're pretty much in a soft open right now.

I know, stupid pun, but I wear my hat the says "Disney" on my head, because I'm Disneyhead.

You don't want to hang with me when I'm wearing my "Thunderhead"/Dollywood hat. Those evenings usually start with moonshine. Then NASCAR! Whoot!!!!!

Just ask @UK-Trigg

:cheers:....Good thoughts. Portofino piazza. Thirsty Fish Bar, :thumbsup:

And @Mad Dog I would gladly do that again any day. A truly delightful evening. Even my 15 year old had fun.

I know, stupid pun, but I wear my hat the says "Disney" on my head, because I'm Disneyhead.

You don't want to hang with me when I'm wearing my "Thunderhead"/Dollywood hat. Those evenings usually start with moonshine. Then NASCAR! Whoot!!!!!

Just ask @UK-Trigg

And @Mad Dog I would gladly do that again any day. A truly delightful evening. Even my 15 year old had fun.
And we had a great time too. It was a fantastic start to our vacation. We'll see you on the Portofino Piazza, Thirsty Fish when we're there (Sapphire & Portofino Sept. 24-Oct. 8) I'll PM you the week before and we'll set something up. Alene's right here & she said to tell you we can't wait for another Piazza Party. :cheers:

Reactions: Disneyhead
That they've already thrown money at Epcot's World Showcase to support the Frozen ride suggests they're willing to do more depending on how it goes in terms of attendance.

Three Caballeros registering a wait time is a major shift in how management views Epcot, especially World Showcase.

Also, i think the heap of rocks - that's supposedly some ancient castle or something - behind the Frozen meet/greet is an Imagineers snarky way of saying "So i heard you wanted a mountain in World Showcase..."

So is it open today? Trying to debate dragging my butt out there today for my fast passes when my oldest is not feeling well. We also have fast passes for July 2nd.