Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Frozen Ever After

Actually, since so many schools have started having extended fall breaks in the vicinity of Columbus Day, WDW crowds have become strong in October the past few years. It will be interesting to see what they do this year.

Went on Frozen for the 1st time Tuesday night and loved it! I went into it not expecting much but was wowed by th animatronics, screen effects and music. It was an A+ retrofit of an existing attraction.

I've been down on Disney a lot in recent years but the 7 Dwarfs coaster and Frozen boat ride are standouts IMO.

considering how underwhelmed I was by 7 Dwarfs, your impression on this isn't quite as uplifting.
The ride really is pretty good for being a retrofit of a 25+ year old attraction in a small show building. The problem is it simply doesn't belong there.

Since we did get it though, what should have happened was they should have used the expansion pad to build an entirely new ride and left Maelstrom open. Think about it like London leading into Diagon Alley. There could've been an outdoor gateway leading you from real-life based Norway into fictional Arrendale.

None of that would have changed the fact that the IP belongs in either MK or DHS, they simply took the stupidest option. Retrofitting that building likely cost them as much if not more than building an entire new box would've cost them next door, so the cost (even a relatively modest one), was not worth Maelstrom having to be replaced.

Last edited:
Well, it was originally planned to be longer, which is most people's complaint: it's too short.

I still enjoy the ride though.
I agree. What's there is a really good attraction, there's just not enough of it. If the original idea of three or four dark ride scenes was retained, it would have been a really strong attraction. I liked it, used my fast passes on it, but I certainly wouldn't wait in those long lines since the attraction is way too short to rank it in the class with the other Mountain attractions.

I agree. What's there is a really good attraction, there's just not enough of it. If the original idea of three or four dark ride scenes was retained, it would have been a really strong attraction. I liked it, used my fast passes on it, but I certainly wouldn't wait in those long lines since the attraction is way too short to rank it in the class with the other Mountain attractions.

I agree too. It could have easily been the best coaster in WDW- maybe not with intensity- but with the show scenes. The mine scene itself is great w/ the music and animatronics and the rockwork is great as well. If it had one more show scene, it would have been Splash Mountain on a track. I really wish it was the original incarnation which was more in that vein.

So its just a really nice family ride but could have been an over the moon standout of NFL. Instead it was just "good" as the premier attraction to the most popular part of their most popular park at their most popular resort. 1 Show scene away from legendary splash status (2 extras wouldve made it orgasmic)

For a "D-Ticket" it's the perfect size. But Disney just markets it as an E Ticket, which leads to the low satisfaction people give it.
I don't know that they market it as an E-Ticket... they market it as their newest attraction added to the park, which is true.

No, just much much longer, with at least 3 dark scenes. People claim that they didn't have enough "room" to make it a longer attraction....next time build UP.
Like I said earlier, it was a huge mistake to retrofit this attraction. It limited what they could do when they had a giant empty plot of land for a ride sitting right next door. They just didn't want to pony up the money.

Like I said earlier, it was a huge mistake to retrofit this attraction. It limited what they could do when they had a giant empty plot of land for a ride sitting right next door. They just didn't want to pony up the money.

And they thought they didn't have the time. They were caught flat footed by the Frozenstorm and wanted something in the parks ASAP. That turned into what? Two years? if they had gone next door it would have been 300 million more and 5 years til it opened.

And they thought they didn't have the time. They were caught flat footed by the Frozenstorm and wanted something in the parks ASAP. That turned into what? Two years? if they had gone next door it would have been 300 million more and 5 years til it opened.
I wouldn't say it would have taken that long. They gutted the entire Maelstrom building except for the boat path (and they even added a small bit to the path).

Starting on a flat/empty piece of land, throwing up a warehouse and building what could've been a better ride I honestly don't think would've taken too much longer. From what i've heard, they only spent $75M on FEA, so a bigger budget and better ride certainly would have been worth it.

They simply have idiots running the asylum.

Honestly, when I went on this ride over the summer, I absolutely adored it. Do I wish it didn't come at the cost of Maelstrom? Absolutely. Could they have done more in a different spot? Perhaps. However, I still found this to be a greatly engaging and coherent attraction. Maelstrom was a one and done ride for me. Frozen made me want to hop right back in line and ride again. I know it's easy to pick at Disney, but sometimes, we got to pull it back a little and focus on the positives, not the negatives.

Honestly, when I went on this ride over the summer, I absolutely adored it. Do I wish it didn't come at the cost of Maelstrom? Absolutely. Could they have done more in a different spot? Perhaps. However, I still found this to be a greatly engaging and coherent attraction. Maelstrom was a one and done ride for me. Frozen made me want to hop right back in line and ride again. I know it's easy to pick at Disney, but sometimes, we got to pull it back a little and focus on the positives, not the negatives.
I'm not anti-FEA at all... I enjoy the ride for what it is. Even so it's a pretty good dark ride... if you can ever manage to get on it. I live in Orlando and i've been on it once.

I just know it could've been much better.

No, just much much longer, with at least 3 dark scenes. People claim that they didn't have enough "room" to make it a longer attraction....next time build UP.

I don't know if room was the issue. Didn't they build the exact same ride over in Shanghai too with plenty of space yet zero changes?