Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Fun Spot America (General Thread)

Then in that case, I over-stepped. However, as it is then relating to OTHER FS locations then..shouldn't it be in Other US Parks, and not in Other Orlando & Central Forida Tourist Spots?
There really didn't need to be a thread for one lonely park outside of FL that they own, since it wouldn't get much traction by itself anyway. Even this thread is still only on page 1 after 2 years. That's why I created this to discuss all 3 current parks. I guess if they start opening more in other states, we can split them up then.

why would a building inspector from Orange County be at Fun Spot at the request of Universal Studio's
Transport of some kind would be my guess

The Division of Building Safety conducted a site visit today at Fun Spot America at 10:00 am in order to verify criteria in a proposal recently submitted by you, or on your behalf, to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force. This is not a decision letter. Building Safety observation of resources necessary to implement the proposed plan found that the site conditions ARE consistent with the proposed plan.

why would a building inspector from Orange County be at Fun Spot at the request of Universal Studio's

The Division of Building Safety conducted a site visit today at Fun Spot America at 10:00 am in order to verify criteria in a proposal recently submitted by you, or on your behalf, to the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force. This is not a decision letter. Building Safety observation of resources necessary to implement the proposed plan found that the site conditions ARE consistent with the proposed plan.

Where did you find this? Interesting.

To me that sounds like a Covid-19 protocol thing

Just got back from my first visit to the Orlando park. Wow. That's the worst attraction (not just amusement park) experience I've ever had.

Was there for an hour and a half. Rode one ride in White Lightning. The line had ten people in it when I got there, but it took me 20 minutes to get on. Explain that to me. Got on the pendulum ride as well, but had to get off before it could get going. due to the ride op slamming the restraint down onto my thighs. I was in extreme pain, almost screaming at the guy to lift the restraint, and he does it as slow as possible. And I fit into the restraint just fine too (I'm a little chubby, but not anything that would prohibit me from riding safely, never had any issues on other rides either), but he had to slam it down for some reason. What the hell dude? Tried to get on the Go Karts after that, but the lines were so long that I just gave up and went back to the hotel.

Not to mention half the people in the park (including employees) were not taking any COVID precautions. If I wasn't vaccinated, I would have been scared out of my damn mind.

Never going back again.

Last edited:
I've only been there once (and I've lived here in Orlando for almost ten years now). When I went it was a "in the business" night where it was like $10 for everything if you presented an ID from Disney/Universal/SeaWorld and I thought it was nice, and the staff was actually friendly and helpful, but that was probably 8 years ago now when they opened the SFOG enterprise.

I've heard the owner is a bit problematic. In the middle of the lockdown he came out with some public statement about being skeptical about Covid, and since then they've been cited by the county for not following protocols.

Right now they're advertising that they're hiring starting at $12.50 an hour. The commercials are on CONSTANTLY so I'm guessing they're hurting for staff right now.

I've only been there once (and I've lived here in Orlando for almost ten years now). When I went it was a "in the business" night where it was like $10 for everything if you presented an ID from Disney/Universal/SeaWorld and I thought it was nice, and the staff was actually friendly and helpful, but that was probably 8 years ago now when they opened the SFOG enterprise.

I've heard the owner is a bit problematic. In the middle of the lockdown he came out with some public statement about being skeptical about Covid, and since then they've been cited by the county for not following protocols.

Right now they're advertising that they're hiring starting at $12.50 an hour. The commercials are on CONSTANTLY so I'm guessing they're hurting for staff right now.
Costs money to run ads........

I've heard similar things about the owner saying problematic things during the pandemic. It's a pity, because we visited about 4-5 years ago, and had a surprisingly good time. The park was very clean and the rides were excellently maintained, and we had a blast on the "way-more-fun-than-it-looks" White Lightening... it was a surprise hit for us. But yeah, some of the staff was pretty unmotivated.

I know this isn't for here but hopefully, it's the start of a great relationship.

The use of the word partnership peaks my interest. Perhaps I’m overthinking some standard corporate speak, but usually parks only make it a partnership if there is something unique/first of its kind being built. Perhaps like the model revealed a week or so earlier?

(This is pure speculation, this could easily just be a Raptor)

The use of the word partnership peaks my interest. Perhaps I’m overthinking some standard corporate speak, but usually parks only make it a partnership if there is something unique/first of its kind being built. Perhaps like the model revealed a week or so earlier?

(This is pure speculation, this could easily just be a Raptor)
I'm admittedly in that same boat too. If this is a means of first allowing Fun Spot Atlanta to show hot a RMC Family Coaster can be cheap and reliable, then after that being a success they may branch off to another location; and to do a coaster along the lines of the Raptor, possibly at a place like Fun Spot America.

It can also be a way to show off the family coaster to investors and vendors, for those needing a practical and real example, without having to waste space in Utah that can then be better put for projects like the T-Rex Track.

I'm admittedly in that same boat too. If this is a means of first allowing Fun Spot Atlanta to show hot a RMC Family Coaster can be cheap and reliable, then after that being a success they may branch off to another location; and to do a coaster along the lines of the Raptor, possibly at a place like Fun Spot America.

It can also be a way to show off the family coaster to investors and vendors, for those needing a practical and real example, without having to waste space in Utah that can then be better put for projects like the T-Rex Track.
And Tbh, the Atlanta location could really use this, even if it’s just the family coaster. This would really stand out in a park full of carnival rides and not much else.