Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Jurassic Park River Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Do you want River Adventure to get the Hollywood treatment or stay JP?

• Keep it JP

Votes: 111 37.6%
  • Bring on the iRex

Votes: 184 62.4%

• Total voters
At some point they will probably get around to giving the ride a massive refurb like USJ did. But whether or not they transition it to another iteration of the JP franchise is more 50-50 to me.

While I see the value of updating Orlandos JP ride to a more modern iteration of the JW franchise, those just aren't as timeless or as well received as the original 90s Jurassic Park era. Plus, considering how the JP franchise is one of those IPs that keeps coming back in some way, rethemeing it to a newer version of JP risks that getting dated if it ever fizzles out like the 2015-2021 JW trilogy.
I’ve said this before- but absolutely no one outside of us theme park geeks care if it’s themed as Jurassic World or Jurassic Park.
All the average guest cares about is it’s Jurassic something and it has dinosaurs.

They’ll still sell Jurassic park shirts no matter what (just like they do at Jurassic world in Beijing).

It truly doesn’t matter which era they theme it to as no characters are in the ride and the merch is still gonna get pushed off the shelves. They just need to take it down for a while and make it impressive again a la mummy and ET.

I’ve said this before- but absolutely no one outside of us theme park geeks care if it’s themed as Jurassic World or Jurassic Park.
All they care about is it’s Jurassic something and it has dinosaurs.

They’ll still sell Jurassic park shirts no matter what (just like they do at Jurassic world in Beijing).

It truly doesn’t matter which era they theme it to as no characters are in the ride and the merch is still gonna get pushed off the shelves.

thats very true, and as long as the ride is still a river adventure boat ride,bits not even connected to anything from any movie story point. its basically an original story
jurassic world has a river scene that lasts 10 seconds, thats all