Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Future of Star Tours (DHS)

As a Star Wars fan - a Star Wars park sounds incredible.

But from the POV of an average theme park goer, Star Tours feels like overkill in DHS (not DL). Only because there’s 3 attractions in a park with a severely limited amount of rides, and it’s a simulator just like Smugglers. It feels like DHS is now “Star Wars and Toy Story the park”.

Totally get it about capacity and investments now though. But pre-Covid, I was hoping they would change ST sooner than later, even if they made it a Big Hero 6 or Incredibles simulator.

As a Star Wars fan - a Star Wars park sounds incredible.

But from the POV of an average theme park goer, Star Tours feels like overkill in DHS (not DL). Only because there’s 3 attractions in a park with a severely limited amount of rides, and it’s a simulator just like Smugglers. It feels like DHS is now “Star Wars and Toy Story the park”.

Totally get it about capacity and investments now though. But pre-Covid, I was hoping they would change ST sooner than later, even if they made it a Big Hero 6 or Incredibles simulator.
I wish it felt more like a Star Wars and Toy Story park

To me it feels like a "we didn't know what to do with this space so we filled it with Star Wars until Galaxy's Edge opened and now we still don't know what to do with it" park

And you try fitting all THAT on a guide map...impossible

Agreed on keeping ST in the near term. Their next order of business, once things begin to resemble normalcy, should be to close up the animation courtyard (remove SW shop and VOLM) and redo that entire area to add more PIXAR properties and connect it to the end of Sunset.

The refresh was good and bad in that it improved scores and rerideability, but now it’s a solid ride tied to a top-drawer IP. Those are hard to replace. It‘s also pretty cheap to throw a new scene in there, which is way more flexible than most rides.

It was definitely on the block to be replaced, but that IP went elsewhere.

connect it to the end of Sunset.
This would only happen as part of a massive redevelopment and not just refreshing Animation Courtyard - there’s a cafeteria that part of the Brown Derby/Disney Junior building that isn’t going anywhere unless you kick all the office people out.

To me it feels like a "we didn't know what to do with this space so we filled it with Star Wars until Galaxy's Edge opened and now we still don't know what to do with it" park
Change “didn’t know what to do” to “the ancillary stuff lost funding” and you’ve hit the nail on the head. It‘s much closer to a full day park now but it feels like it’s missing the last 10% because it is.

Last edited:
An updated ride film is coming in 2024...

Gotta think we're looking at Mando, Grogu, Ahsoka, Bo-Katan, etc for this update.

It's all fun Disney adding walk round characters to GE and new video to ST but it doesn't add capacity to a tiny park that is in dire need of expansion.

Nothing really stands out to me as far as new locations... Wonder what they'll do.

I think this is a moving to where the puck is going to be type situation.

There’s been a ton of new Star Wars announced and no doubt they’ll want some kind of synergy there.

Nothing really stands out to me as far as new locations... Wonder what they'll do.
Mandalore and maybe Navarro and then I’d also wager whatever the main location of Ahsoka is? I’d expect them to want Thrawn in this if he’s going to be in the movie.

It's all fun Disney adding walk round characters to GE and new video to ST but it doesn't add capacity to a tiny park that is in dire need of expansion.
While they may be true that has nothing to do with Star Tours.

I just rode it last weekend and had a very rare run of segments that I've only ever had experienced once before, and the Maz Kanata transmission which I had never gotten ever so it felt really fresh.

The ride was a walk-on when everything else at the park was pulling hour waits. It's nice to at least have 1 ride in the park like that still as it used to be The Great Movie Ride for me.

Honestly wish they'd just completely redo the ride or gut it entirely. Especially compared to GE, it's such a tonal and quality whiplash. And all of the new Sequel Trilogy stuff just does not mesh with the Star Wars Weekends vibe the rest of the ride still retains. I don't anticipate this to be any different.