Future WDW Additions/Expansion | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Future WDW Additions/Expansion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Me thinks it would be a good time to mention that a time like this is rather prime for deliberate leaks. Be it to gauge audience reactions...or it's a honeypot trap to figure out who's got loose lips. Disney is no stranger to doing this, and a time like this would make it rather easy...

Me thinks it would be a good time to mention that a time like this is rather prime for deliberate leaks. Be it to gauge audience reactions...or it's a honeypot trap to figure out who's got loose lips. Disney is no stranger to doing this, and a time like this would make it rather easy...
This is what I mean by a bait leak. Could be that RSR is going to MK, but a random Woody flat ride at this time at that location just strikes me as both odd and oddly specific.

I think it's more likely that from BTTM you head into Arizona then cross the border over to Mexico.

Reactions: Tobias
Agreed. These leaks remind me a lot more of the kind you see in national politics reporting than what we see around Horror Nights spec maps. Which is to say, they're being leaked with a purpose — not just because whoever is leaking the information thinks it's cool.

I'm definitely of the mind that the only reason to clone an attraction is if you cannot access it without going to another country. I'm largely fine with Epcot getting Rat from Paris, Epic getting Donkey Kong Country from Japan, Hong Kong DL getting Frozen Ever After, because the hurdles required for someone from Country A to make it to Country B are prominent enough that to 98% of the general public, these are brand new rides.

I think it's the cross country clones (Indiana Jones Adventure, Radiator Springs, Pandora) that feel a little bit less cool for me. With a little bit of planning and some extra funds here and there, I can pretty easily make it from Florida to Cali. I'd rather my experience be interesting, varied, and new rather than skipping the entirety of Star Wars Land because it's an identical clone.

There are certainly exceptions, probably just personal preferences like Pirates of the Caribbean, SNW, Soarin', but largely I like parks within the same country to be unique amongst themselves.
If you eliminate the hardcore Disney fans/enthusiasts, I'd bet close to 98% of the people that go to Disneyland never go to WDW and vice versa.

If you eliminate the hardcore Disney fans/enthusiasts, I'd bet close to 98% of the people that go to Disneyland never go to WDW and vice versa.

Eh.. I know a decent amount of people who are nowhere near our level of fandom who have been. It's a major attraction in California. Same thing with Universal Hollywood. If you're a family and a tourist and making your way to LA or its surrounding areas, chances are you might consider checking it out. Even if you might think, as many do, "it's the same thing."

Reactions: GA-MBIT
Putting aside the reason for the leak, (because to be honest, i don't care) I think Radiator Springs would be great and very natural as an extension of Big Thunder as @belloq87 also said.

I think Cars for DHS is more likely, I just can't wrap my head around Cars in MK. Not against it entirely, but DHS just needs it more than MK.
We've been saying that Cars is "likely" for DHS for over a decade now. Unless Cars is the DHS project replacing Animation Courtyard, then I honestly don't even know where they'd put it at this point. It could replace part of Echo Lake and the IJSS if not Animation Courtyard, but I like the MK idea thinking about it. It's in the back and in a spot where they could actually make it feel like it belongs.

Question-- I'm sure someone knows, but does Cars have to go down for rain the couple of times a year it rains in CA, or can it run in rain? Since it's the same ride system as Test Track (which goes down for rain), it seems like a bad fit for Florida unless it's all indoors somehow.

Question-- I'm sure someone knows, but does Cars have to go down for rain the couple of times a year it rains in CA, or can it run in rain? Since it's the same ride system as Test Track (which goes down for rain), it seems like a bad fit for Florida unless it's all indoors somehow.
RSR has a hard enough time staying open when it’s not raining in my experience. Given Southern California panics when it rains, they probably shut it down preemptively :lol:

This is what I mean by a bait leak. Could be that RSR is going to MK, but a random Woody flat ride at this time at that location just strikes me as both odd and oddly specific.

Along those lines, why clone RSR but not the money-making merch opportunities that go with it? I could see dropping Mater's ride but Rosie's and Sarge's, at the very least, would drive a substantial amount of revenue.

Also odd that there's zero details on the IPs that might be included in a land that's been workshopped, off and on, over two decades. Things change of course, but I'd think they'd have general plans to build from.

Along those lines, why clone RSR but not the money-making merch opportunities that go with it? I could see dropping Mater's ride but Rosie's and Sarge's, at the very least, would drive a substantial amount of revenue.

Also odd that there's zero details on the IPs that might be included in a land that's been workshopped, off and on, over two decades. Things change of course, but I'd think they'd have general plans to build from.
Would be insane not to clone Route 66 "main street" as part of the land. That's the cheapest to construct & most profitable part of the land lol

Who knows if a new attraction, that's not a clone, is going to turn out to be a good, if not great, attraction. Beware of the F&F's of the world. We know that Radiator Racers is one of Disney's very best attractions. There's no ifs or buts involved except the weather, which is a factor on anything that's outdoors. If weather is a reason not to build it, than I guess Universal shouldn't have built Hagrids or Velocicoaster.

I think it's more likely that from BTTM you head into Arizona then cross the border over to Mexico.
Also, why would they be putting a Woody flat ride in MK when they could literally still put it exactly where they were going to build the Woody area original at DHS? Just seems so off.

Also, why would they be putting a Woody flat ride in MK when they could literally still put it exactly where they were going to build the Woody area original at DHS? Just seems so off.
They built the BBQ restaurant in the only remaining space. The “original” Toy Story Land art involved bulldozing One Man’s Dream and having more of a diagonal entry into the land when instead we got the 90 degree turn by the restrooms. The original design/art would have created a little space to the south between the entrance to the land and TSMM entrance.

Tear down the Pixar Place courtyard and expand TSL that way. Seems really easy to do imo. They can move the Woody entrance up a little if they wanted
No room, it’s now just a walkway between TSMM and MMRR.

They built the BBQ restaurant in the only remaining space. The “original” Toy Story Land art involved bulldozing One Man’s Dream and having more of a diagonal entry into the land when instead we got the 90 degree turn by the restrooms. The original design/art would have created a little space to the south between the entrance to the land and TSMM entrance.

No room, it’s now just a walkway between TSMM and MMRR.
That’s sorta my point, it’s just a walkway. Add some Andy’s backyard theming to it and it could fit a small flat?

No room, it’s now just a walkway between TSMM and MM
No space available at TSL
There’s space. Maybe they have something too large, but there is plenty space of you moved OMD somewhere else.

I know Disneyland already has this sort of thing going on, but I kinda hate the idea of having Fantasyland, Adventureland, Tomorrowland, and our first new land in decades is Radiator Springs. Just feels silly and ill-fitting in a way that I could excuse with Galaxy's Edge because Star Wars is such a cultural juggernaut. Cars just isn't. It will have been 10 years since Cars 3 in 2028 or whenever this opens.