Garden of Allah Villas? Cafe La Bamba? | Inside Universal Forums

Garden of Allah Villas? Cafe La Bamba?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2011
I've always been confused about the back story behind these two. Was the Garden of Allah ever used as something? Or has it always just been something to look at and take up space? The only time I've ever actually acknowledged it's existence is when I was caught in a thunderstorm and ran under one of the awnings to avoid getting soaked. Is it used for storage? Offices? Anything? And why was Cafe La Bamba closed? Someone said heath issues... that doesn't sound very Uni like to me. When was it shut down? I can't remember it even being open, although I've been visiting Uni every year since I'm a toddler. But then again I don't think the 4 year old me would've taken notice anyway. Thanks!

With the loss of food vendors in Amity, Cafe La Bamba should be reopening very soon. It was last used for the HHN Vip area at HHN XX. Its closed to cut cost due to not needing to operate an additional food location.

Reactions: Cwoolboy
Sometimes I like to take a stroll through Allah when i'm bored. Can't say I even remember La Bamba, will have to grab a bite to eat there when it re-opens.

So glad someone posted this! I haven't been to US in years, so on our trip in Nov, I noticed this area and was SO curious!
I forgot to take a pic of the villa name to remember but this is definitely it. We cut through here on the way to the animal show. So pretty!

My daughter and I actually prowled a little, climbing stairs and pulling on doors. Found one upstairs door unlocked! Ice col a/c came billowing out but it was unfinished (exposed studs/beams/etc.)
Man i wish I had a Uni job and that was my office!!!

^ If no one does by Monday I should be able to get that.

I always wanted to see this become a spooky Hollywood Ghost attraction or something of the sort..would ad something special to that quiet area

Not sure what you guys are talking about... Cafe Le Bamba was definitely not open today or yesterday (Sunday). If it was open Saturday, I didn't notice. I'm pretty sure Monsters Cafe is open to pick up the slack.

I wish I would have seen this post last week. While Cafe LaBamba was not open my brother was picked to due one of Universal surveys and it was done inside Cafe LaBamba. If I would have known I would have taken pictures of the interior.

Not sure what you guys are talking about... Cafe Le Bamba was definitely not open today or yesterday (Sunday). If it was open Saturday, I didn't notice. I'm pretty sure Monsters Cafe is open to pick up the slack.

Indeed monsters Cafe was open Sunday. I snuck in to grab a bite to eat. Still easily my favorite restaurant there, LOVE the theming.

Status
Not open for further replies.