General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 128 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wonder how good the low light performance is on that 360 camera. I'd love to see a nighttime version of that POV. This ride has the best night ride experience of any I've ever been on.

Gonna be here next Saturday. How likely is it that I'll get multiple rides on this thing? And since I'm going to be by myself, do I get to pick which seat version (motorbike or sidecar) I sit in?

Can someone walk me through what the virtual queue process has been like for this ride lately? Hearing it's sometimes available via standby for early entry but then switches to virtual queue. Do we know when the drops usually are?

EDIT: Oops, Joe answered my question above. Still curious if standby is available for early entry or what the situation is there.

Can someone walk me through what the virtual queue process has been like for this ride lately? Hearing it's sometimes available via standby for early entry but then switches to virtual queue. Do we know when the drops usually are?

EDIT: Oops, Joe answered my question above. Still curious if standby is available for early entry or what the situation is there.

If it’s a light day it’ll be standby only. If it’s projected to be busy it’ll start with stand by to fill the queue then switch to VL.

Reactions: Clive and therock
Virtual queue drops 15 minutes before open, 11am, 2pm, 4pm. Those are your best bets for multiple rides.

Thank you so much for providing this information. This is perfect. Now I'll be prepared when me and my family go in June. :grin:

The few times I’ve done it, early entry to the park starts with standby only. Switches to virtual line after the queue extends beyond Lost Continent/Sindbad. Usually by the time the park officially opens on busy days lately.

So, if doing early entry be there early and you’ll essentially already be in line for the ride waiting at turnstiles. Then keep moving with everyone as you get in and 75% of guests will head towards Hagrid.

At least that’s how it was when I’ve done it. And I prefer that to virtual cause I know I’ll definitely get on that way... (as long as there aren’t technical issues of course.)

I finally got to ride Hagrid's, yesterday. Yay! I didn't watch any videos or read up on it because I wanted to be surprised. I think this might be my favorite coaster. I waited 2.5 hours to get to the front of the line and then it broke down. They gave us an Express pass to come back. We came back after a few hours and waited another 1.5 hours. As we made our way by the Unicorn and baby the car stopped and we sat there for 15 min. My husband asked me if the wait was worth it and I said heck yeah!

I finally got to ride Hagrid's, yesterday. Yay! I didn't watch any videos or read up on it because I wanted to be surprised. I think this might be my favorite coaster. I waited 2.5 hours to get to the front of the line and then it broke down. They gave us an Express pass to come back. We came back after a few hours and waited another 1.5 hours. As we made our way by the Unicorn and baby the car stopped and we sat there for 15 min. My husband asked me if the wait was worth it and I said heck yeah!

Glad you were able to enjoy it after the trouble it was having! I’m kinda jealous that you got stuck next to the unicorn for 15 minutes

This past week I've been checking the app and it seems Hagrid's has been doing Virtual Line only from the very beginning of each day. I'm really worried about my trip next week with my family. There is 5 of us and I"m worried I won't be able to get a virtual spot and that I'll get locked out. Any tips out there? I've been checking early each morning before the park opens and it seems on the app its showing Virtual Line only from the very moment it opens.

Reactions: Coasted
This past week I've been checking the app and it seems Hagrid's has been doing Virtual Line only from the very beginning of each day. I'm really worried about my trip next week with my family. There is 5 of us and I"m worried I won't be able to get a virtual spot and that I'll get locked out. Any tips out there? I've been checking early each morning before the park opens and it seems on the app its showing Virtual Line only from the very moment it opens.
It depends on whether or not you get there early. I'd say if you do get their early, try to get a virtual queue spot on the phone, it's not as hard to get as other rides that use Virtual queue (like Rise of the Resistance). If you aren't able to get one in the morning or if you arrive at the park after the VQ closes, check it throughout the day as it may open up additional spots throughout the day by the time you're going. They have cast members scattered around the parks to answer questions guests have, so if you're worried about not having further spots open up, talk to them. They can't get you a spot themselves but they may have additional advice such as the specific times it reopens or if it will go off virtual queue towards park close.

Reactions: Coasted and therock

Hope this helps some.

Virtual Line Passes release throughout the day. Check 15 minutes prior to park open, at park open, and at 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., and 4:00 p.m. for more passes.

Reactions: Coasted and therock
Yep it opens new spots at 11am, 2pm, 4pm and I've been checking at those times and it seems to always say they are out this week. I know the last couple of weeks before it was not doing virtual line and seemed to have a constant 50 to 60 minute wait all day. That's not bad, and I would much rather do it that way. I hope they do that again next week. This whole virtual line thing just scares me. I'll hope for the best though.:grin:

EDIT- As an example, I just checked today at 4pm for the last virtual times. It opened up at 4:01pm and was available to grab a spot....and then at 4:02pm it said all the spots were taken.

Last edited: