Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Hagrid's VQ resies went super quick on Saturday

However, the queue no longer backs up into Lost Continent and Sindbad

Soooo, even though I can't stand VQ there are some positives to it

Still though, I wasn't able to get a reservation

Hagrid's VQ resies went super quick on Saturday

However, the queue no longer backs up into Lost Continent and Sindbad

Soooo, even though I can't stand VQ there are some positives to it

Still though, I wasn't able to get a reservation

Do they still put them out only at certain times? I'll be heading down in a couple months and my hopes of riding this aren't high at this point. They sure made a mess of this ride.

It seemed to be working perfectly fine without Virtual Line for the past few weeks and Velocicoaster has done exactly what they wanted it to do in taking some of the pressure off this ride.

This and RotR have both long passed the rip-the-bandaid-off point, but this one confuses me because it’s like they’re putting a new band-aid on something that had healed. I get wanting to test something new, but I think I would have done it on something else.

Do they still put them out only at certain times? I'll be heading down in a couple months and my hopes of riding this aren't high at this point. They sure made a mess of this ride.
Rather than specific time slots for drops, they just reopen reservations when they get caught up on current reservations. I suggest refreshing the page, link is here, and keep refreshing periodically. I was able to get a reservation this way midday on Friday, whereas I usually have the worst luck with the timed drops lol.

Also, it appears to have taken a full hour this morning for all the Virtual Line reservations to be reserved... For me, a full hour at start of the day is much better than less than a second, so this still wins over Rise... (but of course, I prefer standby where I know I can just wait several hours in line and not have to be there early.)

EDIT: Just realized you said in a couple months. Who knows how it will be working, or if it'll even be in use, by then. But the above information is relevant to anyone visiting right now at least.

Rather than specific time slots for drops, they just reopen reservations when they get caught up on current reservations. I suggest refreshing the page, link is here, and keep refreshing periodically. I was able to get a reservation this way midday on Friday, whereas I usually have the worst luck with the timed drops lol.

Also, it appears to have taken a full hour this morning for all the Virtual Line reservations to be reserved... For me, a full hour at start of the day is much better than less than a second, so this still wins over Rise... (but of course, I prefer standby where I know I can just wait several hours in line and not have to be there early.)

EDIT: Just realized you said in a couple months. Who knows how it will be working, or if it'll even be in use, by then. But the above information is relevant to anyone visiting right now at least.
Yes. Just do stand by only already. Damn to hell the Virtual Lines.

going August first and realllllly hoping for that ever elusive night ride on this. Since I normally only go up for horror nights now I have not been able to ride at night and I have heard that is magical. fingers crossed!

So is there any rhyme or reason to when standby is utilized vs. virtual? Can the ride currently be consistently rope-dropped in the morning, or not?

I guess I'm just not fully clear on what Universal is thinking it is accomplishing beyond frustrating or confusing people.

Unless the ride is still extremely unreliable in terms of operations, I suppose.

They've run Hagrid with and without VL and they specifically say this is a test of a new system. I don't know why everyone is freaking out at the moment.
I was unable to ride it at all on Saturday, which is definitely not normal. I'm not sure how they changed the system, but it felt like fewer slots than before.

I just figured they were making sure the line didn't back up into the Sindbad theater

I was unable to ride it at all on Saturday, which is definitely not normal. I'm not sure how they changed the system, but it felt like fewer slots than before.

I just figured they were making sure the line didn't back up into the Sindbad theater
This current incarnation is closer to a real Virtual Line, where you only wait "up to 20 mins" in a physical line, (according to Team Members) after arriving for your time.

The previous usage was often done as a return time to wait in the full line (60+ mins in my experience), and only when it was out too far due to social distanced queue or unreliable ride/weather delays.

This current incarnation is closer to a real Virtual Line, where you only wait "up to 20 mins" in a physical line, (according to Team Members) after arriving for your time.

The previous usage was often done as a return time to wait in the full line (60+ mins in my experience), and only when it was out too far due to social distanced queue or unreliable ride/weather delays.
It seems like they are interested in implementing the new system resort wide

It seems like they are interested in implementing the new system resort wide

Dunno if anyone has speculated this, but perhaps they are testing this out now/early on a heavily popular ride because this is a system they're thinking of implementing more heavily (or entirely) for Epic Universe?

Dunno if anyone has speculated this, but perhaps they are testing this out now/early on a heavily popular ride because this is a system they're thinking of implementing more heavily (or entirely) for Epic Universe?

It’s definitely a risky move, but if this is the plan they may feel it’s worth the risk. You want to start training the GP for the next 3 years in prep for a full park usage. You get data on not only how it works, but how guests respond. You risk backlash like we are seeing with Rise or Hagrids, but in the end it’s better than having hardcore chaos and bad press associated with your grand opening of a new park. (Looking at you USF.)