General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It was sooo much better when they had showtimes on paper maps. You could find the showtime in seconds. They took the showtinmes off after covid. Now, it takes forever to find them on that complicated app.....Too much reliance on complicated/confusing high tech/phones is really degrading the theme park experience at both Universal & Disney. It's a big step backwards. Parks need to: Keep it simple, stupid.

I don't mind using the app for a few things, but man is it more complicated than it needs to be.

Surprisingly, the easiest app to use is SeaWorld's - easy access to your tickets, park map, and show schedule.

Moving the discussion back to Hagrid, the ride was in great shape Saturday. Only problem I had was that the single rider line was backed up so they ended up dumping half of that line into the standby line in front of me.

Reactions: tankart150
quick reality check: Pirates was down for 7 hours yesterday. Sometimes things just happen.
I've got a friend who works there and they joke about how many times the ride will go down each day and for how long. It's a common occurrence with this ride, similar to the issues that were happening with RNRC every day before it went down for refurb.

I'm finally getting to ride this on my trip in a few weeks! However, I'm curious about the best time to ride. A night ride on this looks unbelievable, but how are the waits near park close? Should I cut my losses and just during the day or at early entry? Also what is the bag/loose article policy like?

Edit: we're going on a Saturday, the park closes at 8, and we have a 10:30 flight the next day so if a night ride will keep us very late it might not be worth it.

I'm finally getting to ride this on my trip in a few weeks! However, I'm curious about the best time to ride. A night ride on this looks unbelievable, but how are the waits near park close? Should I cut my losses and just during the day or at early entry? Also what is the bag/loose article policy like?
No real magic time. There's always lines, but it seems the best time is opposite of the usual best times for theme park rides. Namely around 11:30 AM to 1 PM, when people are hitting lunch.

My experience was it’s always busy. We caught it once right as it re-opened after it was down for a bit so the wait wasn’t awful then. For a Saturday I’m gonna guess it’ll be busy. Rope drop not a bad call but I don’t know experiences with that lately.

Edit: we're going on a Saturday, the park closes at 8, and we have a 10:30 flight the next day so if a night ride will keep us very late it might not be worth it.
Your best bets are

a) rope drop
b)lunch time
c) hop on for a night ride before park close

Issue with option C is that if the ride shuts down, then you won't get to ride. But a night ride is easily the best way to experience HMCMA

Reactions: Nico and grlhowl
My experience was it’s always busy. We caught it once right as it re-opened after it was down for a bit so the wait wasn’t awful then. For a Saturday I’m gonna guess it’ll be busy. Rope drop not a bad call but I don’t know experiences with that lately.
For what its worth the posted time was 60 on Sunday and I waited less than 30. As long as the line is inside the building (you have to actually join the line to see) I say wait for it, since it’s around 45 minutes once you enter the building give or take. But I don’t think they will ever post the wait under 60 minutes just because it would get flooded if they did.

So happy I bit the bullet on my trip. At a posted 100 minute wait, we waited only 75 around lunchtime, and we moved pretty consistently after the preshow. However, later in the day, this and Velocicoaster both had 120+ minute waits (this had 180 at a point), so I'm very happy we got to do it. A really great ride that packed more of a punch than expected, I would've loved to have gotten a night ride but I'm grateful I got on it at all!

I need these wait times to go down. I don't know what it is about this queue that I dislike more than any other. Makes me feel claustrophobic. Yet it's attached to one of my favorite rides.

Reactions: TylerG
I need these wait times to go down. I don't know what it is about this queue that I dislike more than any other. Makes me feel claustrophobic. Yet it's attached to one of my favorite rides.

For me, it's the constant twisting and turning in the "tunnels". There isn't a good feeling on how many more you have to go through and it can feel cramped with people all around you. Once I made it to the the room with the standard queue lines (separated by a rail as we go back and forth) and out of the tunnels/cave, I felt better.

The way the greenery has filled in it looks like it was always there:

Yes, for sure. That's what many of us were saying when Hagrid's opened and some posters complained the foliage was too small and sparse. People forget that stuff grows quick in Florida (see Diagon facing Fear Factor theater and the area opposite the bridge to Hogwarts).