General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride | Page 83 | Inside Universal Forums

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well... I know the "aquarium viewing" doesn't work like they promoted due to the Tram route street lights.

If you remember, the light/water was supposed to change with weather/day-night. Ever wonder why you ride it at night, but still looks like daylight underwater? This is due to a sensor being near a street light which prevents the "nighttime mode effect". I can't remember if the "rain" effect happened or not (it's supposed look like it's raining on top of the water if it's raining for real).

It's a simple fix, but as far as I know, they never fixed this highly promoted gimmick before reopening the ride.
Are you sure that is what is happening? I always assumed it lit up at night because we supposed to see into the aquarium. I may be misremembering, but I thought you could see the night sky beyond the surface and spotlights?

Are you sure that is what is happening?
I opened the ride, so yes I'm sure. You only saw "day mode", even at night.

Flood lights above water at night do not have the same illumination as the sun. The "inclimate weather mode" never really worked as they promoted either.

The ride doesn't live up to its potential, but neither does the JW trilogy

I was wondering if those effects ever did work... I remember them being promoted as well. But at the end of the day, its not exactly a big loss. As a general rule, the park typically isn't open until dark anyway, and if it rains, the number of people that are going to ride JW are pretty low. So how many people were ever going to see those effects anyway? I always thought it was a strange idea.

the park typically isn't open until dark anyway, and if it rains, the number of people that are going to ride JW are pretty low. So how many people were ever going to see those effects anyway? I always thought it was a strange idea.
The entire summer season it's open when it's dark, fall/HHN, holiday season... etc

And surprisingly people rode in the rain, however the best part of that is when they'd say "where do you get the least wet?"

And the struggle to point out that they're already wet from the weather. Of course the common thing was to tell them that "only the blue seats get wet"

Reactions: Jerroddragon
I was wondering if those effects ever did work... I remember them being promoted as well. But at the end of the day, its not exactly a big loss. As a general rule, the park typically isn't open until dark anyway, and if it rains, the number of people that are going to ride JW are pretty low. So how many people were ever going to see those effects anyway? I always thought it was a strange idea.
I'm hoping after Nintendoland this changes a little, I'd assume the park is open to 8-10 from the time it opens until the next of next summer...unless no one shows up but I think many people will in the first year for Nintendo

But even if its half the year....i'm very down for a Nighttime special version of the ride like the Tram. The Tram has a few extra little effects and amazing lightening.
I'd love them to use some more lightening tricks and maybe some projections to make the ride feel more alive at night

Aw hell. JW is usually my first stop as it's my favorite ride, so that's gonna throw a wrench into my plans on my next visit.

Flood lights above water at night do not have the same illumination as the sun. The "inclimate weather mode" never really worked as they promoted either.

I'm looking at two youtube video that definitly show floodlights and darker water for a nighttime ride and much more bring and colorful0

I'm looking at two ride videos with the Day night effect definitely working....

Day

Color of the water is very vibrant, and the light coming through the water is definitely from the "Sun"

Night

Color of the water is not so vibrant, and you can see the "Flood Lights" creating the water illumination. They need to pump up the brightness in this scene otherwise it wouldn't be that visible. I personally can forgive it.

I've been on the ride 3 times all in the same day and on one of them it was raining. I could swear I saw that effect that day too but I could have been wrong.

So I went on the ride today and I noticed something rather baffling considering the ride just came back from a refurb:

I didn't notice it until the Indo was roaring at the boat right before the T Rex appears and on the way down, but the side facing away from the rider's view had some tears on it. Couldn't get a photo because the Indo otherwise looked fine.

I get wear and tear happens but uh...oof.

I went on the ride yesterday and Blue didn't come out. I could barely see the AA moving behind the bush where she comes out but just stayed there. Don't know if that was a one-time fluke for me or there's something wrong with it.

Pardon the double post, but on my last visit I finally got a picture of what I was talking about last time. It's a partially blurry photo but I think those tears on the other side should be visible.
20230504_130027.jpg
Have they ever put the ride under refurb before the summer season? I wanna say they should try to get this patched up but then there's SNW upkeep to worry about now, so who knows.

• Wow
Reactions: ParkExplorer9513
Pardon the double post, but on my last visit I finally got a picture of what I was talking about last time. It's a partially blurry photo but I think those tears on the other side should be visible.
View attachment 18813
Have they ever put the ride under refurb before the summer season? I wanna say they should try to get this patched up but then there's SNW upkeep to worry about now, so who knows.
That sucks the Indo was down last month under a tarp when I went on it

So not sure what’s going on with it

The rude I doubt will go down because the park needs capacity but the Indorex might go down by its self this summer

The ride was down this December for refurb, opened again for the holidays, and then closed again in January to reopen mid February if I remember correctly